Secure Online Desktop 10 years later: our corporate anniversary
Ten years ago, on June 16, 2011, Secure Online Desktop was born. Many things have changed in ten years and we have always done our best to keep up with the times and offer cutting-edge solutions to our customers. We want to celebrate our company anniversary by retracing the key milestones of these years by sharing them with you.
The products offered today are focused on corporate security and decentralization of services, but that wasn’t always the case. Originally our services were limited and only with the experience in the field have we been able to improve and grow the offer, meeting the needs of our customers.
The first service offered, which also gave our company its name, was a secure desktop online that brought the customer remote computing power , easy to use and definitely user friendly . The decentralization of machines and computing , the underlying concept of cluod computing , was still under development in 2011 and certainly not as far-reaching as it is today. The large international companies in the sector had recently ventured into offering this type of service. In fact, Microsoft Azure entered the market in 2010 and Amazon’s AWS was born in 2006.
Things have changed a lot since then, of course. In ten years of technological growth, services have improved, been consolidated and new ones have been born. We at SOD, on the day of our company anniversary, can say that we have done everything possible to always keep up with the times.
SOD’s services on the company’s 10th anniversary
The services offered today are varied and well structured. A high standard of security has been maintained as an added value. The nature of the services is always based on Cloud Computing , but includes much more than just a simple remote desktop.
All products are scalable, which allow the optimization of the customer’s economic resources. A SaaS (Software as a Service) delivery model is used which allows easy customization and high scalability.
On the 10th anniversary of the company, Secure Online Desktop is an Italian company still growing, a cloud provider with excellent quality services, whose values are cyber security and customer care.
What we offer are solutions and not just services. This means that the services provided are highly customizable and we are able to generate ad hoc solutions for every company and every need.
We like to be tested, so we “challenge” our customers to submit specific situations and problems to us and then offer tailored solutions that always leave the final customer and his employees satisfied.
SOD in the market
We can’t deny that competing with giants like Amazon or Microsoft, to name just the best known, isn’t easy at all. However, what sets us apart is the customer care and the attention we put into offering our services .
By necessity, for big companies , having tens of thousands of customers can only lower the level of personalization of the service provided. Inevitably, this leads some customers to be dissatisfied with the service.
We, on the other hand, who are a much smaller international company, can invest more time in assistance and product customization operations. The result is always satisfied customers, perfect services in every detail and constant growth in the number of customers. As an added value, we engage in constant research to improve and expand our range of services offered.
We are extremely satisfied with the results achieved over the past ten years, and we say it with some satisfaction on our company anniversary.
Our most recent social initiatives
Furthermore, we must not forget that over time we have also got involved in the social sphere. In the last year alone, two new initiatives have been promoted to help entrepreneurs and companies in difficulty following the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We offered a free Cloud Storage service ( ownCloud ) to support companies in introducing a telecommuting plan for their employees. In addition, we have long supported Folding @ Home , a distributed computing project aimed at simulating protein dynamics , in particular the folding process. Through the use of software made available, it is possible to offer the computing power of a computer as an active resource for research. & nbsp;
The Folding @ Home initiative helped research against COVID-19 by focusing the computational power offered by the participants on virus analysis.
We haven’t pulled back even as regards the realities of our territory, which we regularly support. For example, Civil Protection of Albinea uses our web hosting and online presence management services under the title free. Furthermore, we actively help the association AGiReCoN ( Associazione Giovani Reggiani Against Cancer ) with IT support and in the development of apps to facilitate doctor / patient communication.
The evolution of our services
As I mentioned before, many services have been added to the first Online Desktop offering, but I want to celebrate this day in a complete way by offering a chronological overview of the major services offered.
We work on our services to always offer the best for our customers.
These first 10 years of business have been exciting and have brought many exciting challenges. We want to continue at this pace to improve and always offer the best IT services for our customers!
- What is it for? Hadoop Security Data Lake (SDL)
- Secure Online Desktop achieves ISO 27001: the security certification for managed services
- SOCaaS and Active Defense Deception Webinar – Guide to the next cybersecurity online event
- Auditing IT della sicurezza: guida completa all’analisi proattiva di vulnerabilità e conformità
- CIS Controls and Vulnerability Assessment: practical guide to adopting best practices
- Kerberoasting: a threat to cybersecurity and how to mitigate it with Security Posture analysis
- Protect Your Business: Antivirus vs. SOC Service with EDR and Next Generation Antivirus (NGA)
- CSIRT and SOC: Differences between incident management and security monitoring
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (23)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (190)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Okta Breach Widens to Affect 100% of Customer Base November 30, 2023Early disclosures related to September compromise insisted less than 1% of Okta customers were impacted; now, the company says it was all of them.
- Law Firms & Legal Departments Singled Out for Cyberattacks November 30, 2023Cybercriminals use legal search terms to ensnare unwitting victims, then launch ransomware or business email compromise attacks.
- A New, Spookier Gh0st RAT Malware Haunts Global Cyber Targets November 30, 2023A decade and a half after Gh0st RAT first appeared, the "SugarGh0st RAT" variant aims to make life sweeter for cybercriminals.
- Siemens PLCs Still Vulnerable to Stuxnet-like Cyberattacks November 30, 2023Security updates are tedious and difficult, so users continue to use a weak version of a core protocol and remain exposed to major attacks on critical infrastructure.
- Feds Seize 'Sinbad' Crypto Mixer Used by North Korea's Lazarus November 30, 2023The prolific threat actor has laundered hundreds of millions of dollars in stolen virtual currency through the service.
- Deluge of Nearly 300 Fake Apps Floods Iranian Banking Sector November 30, 2023No Iranian bank customers are safe from financially motivated cybercriminals wielding convincing but fake mobile apps.
- 8 Tips on Leveraging AI Tools Without Compromising Security November 30, 2023AI tools can deliver quick and easy results and offer huge business benefits — but they also bring hidden risks.
- 10 Holiday Gifts For Stressed-Out Security Pros November 30, 2023Office giving-friendly fidgets, stress balls, brain teasers, and more that are perfect to calm the most harried cybersecurity professionals.
- Wiz-Securonix Partnership Promises Unified Threat Detection November 30, 2023The collaboration focuses on helping security teams detect and address cloud threats more effectively.
- Rundown of Security News from AWS re:Invent 2023 November 30, 2023Amazon Web Services announced enhancements to several of its security tools, including GuardDuty, Inspector, Detective, IAM Access Analyzer, and Secrets Manager, to name a few during its re:Invent event.
- SEC Consult SA-20231123 :: Uninstall Key Caching in Fortra Digital Guardian Agent Uninstaller November 27, 2023Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20231123-0 > ======================================================================= title: Uninstall Key Caching product: Fortra Digital Guardian Agent Uninstaller (Data Loss Prevention) vulnerable version: Agent:
- SEC Consult SA-20231122 :: Multiple Vulnerabilities in m-privacy TightGate-Pro November 27, 2023Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20231122-0 > ======================================================================= title: Multiple Vulnerabilities product: m-privacy TightGate-Pro vulnerable version: Rolling Release, servers with the following package versions are vulnerable: tightgatevnc < 4.1.2~1 rsbac-policy-tgpro
- Senec Inverters Home V1, V2, V3 Home & Hybrid Use of Hard-coded Credentials - CVE-2023-39169 November 27, 2023Posted by Phos4Me via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27Sent through the Full Disclosure mailing list https://nmap.org/mailman/listinfo/fulldisclosure Web Archives & RSS: https://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/
- [SYSS-2023-019] SmartNode SN200 - Unauthenticated OS Command Injection November 27, 2023Posted by Maurizio Ruchay via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27Advisory ID: SYSS-2023-019 Product: SmartNode SN200 Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) & VoIP Gateway Manufacturer: Patton LLC Affected Version(s):
- CVE-2023-46307 November 27, 2023Posted by Kevin on Nov 27running on the remote port specified during setup
- CVE-2023-46307 November 27, 2023Posted by Kevin on Nov 27While conducting a penetration test for a client, they were running an application called etc-browser which is a public GitHub project with a Docker container. While fuzzing the web server spun up with etcd-browser (which can run on any arbitrary port), the application had a Directory Traversal vulnerability that is […]
- Survey on usage of security advisories November 27, 2023Posted by Aurich, Janik on Nov 27Dear list members, we are looking for voluntary participants for our survey, which was developed in the context of a master thesis at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. The goal of the survey is to determine potential difficulties that may occur when dealing with security advisories. The focus of the […]
- [CVE-2023-46386, CVE-2023-46387, CVE-2023-46388, CVE-2023-46389] Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec products (3) November 27, 2023Posted by Chizuru Toyama on Nov 27[+] CVE : CVE-2023-46386, CVE-2023-46387, CVE-2023-46388, CVE-2023-46389 [+] Title : Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec L-INX Automation Servers [+] Vendor : LOYTEC electronics GmbH [+] Affected Product(s) : LINX-151, Firmware 7.2.4, LINX-212, firmware 6.2.4 [+] Affected Components : L-INX Automation Servers [+] Discovery Date :...
- [CVE-2023-46383, CVE-2023-46384, CVE-2023-46385] Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec products (2) November 27, 2023Posted by Chizuru Toyama on Nov 27[+] CVE : CVE-2023-46383, CVE-2023-46384, CVE-2023-46385 [+] Title : Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec LINX Configurator [+] Vendor : LOYTEC electronics GmbH [+] Affected Product(s) : LINX Configurator 7.4.10 [+] Affected Components : LINX Configurator [+] Discovery Date : 01-Sep-2021 [+] Publication date : 03-Nov-2023 [+]...
- Senec Inverters Home V1, V2, V3 Home & Hybrid Exposure of the Username to an Unauthorized Actor - CVE-2023-39168 November 12, 2023Posted by Phos4Me via Fulldisclosure on Nov 12Sent through the Full Disclosure mailing list https://nmap.org/mailman/listinfo/fulldisclosure Web Archives & RSS: https://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF