Secure Online Desktop 10 years later: our corporate anniversary
Ten years ago, on June 16, 2011, Secure Online Desktop was born. Many things have changed in ten years and we have always done our best to keep up with the times and offer cutting-edge solutions to our customers. We want to celebrate our company anniversary by retracing the key milestones of these years by sharing them with you.
The products offered today are focused on corporate security and decentralization of services, but that wasn’t always the case. Originally our services were limited and only with the experience in the field have we been able to improve and grow the offer, meeting the needs of our customers.
The first service offered, which also gave our company its name, was a secure desktop online that brought the customer remote computing power , easy to use and definitely user friendly . The decentralization of machines and computing , the underlying concept of cluod computing , was still under development in 2011 and certainly not as far-reaching as it is today. The large international companies in the sector had recently ventured into offering this type of service. In fact, Microsoft Azure entered the market in 2010 and Amazon’s AWS was born in 2006.
Things have changed a lot since then, of course. In ten years of technological growth, services have improved, been consolidated and new ones have been born. We at SOD, on the day of our company anniversary, can say that we have done everything possible to always keep up with the times.
SOD’s services on the company’s 10th anniversary
The services offered today are varied and well structured. A high standard of security has been maintained as an added value. The nature of the services is always based on Cloud Computing , but includes much more than just a simple remote desktop.
All products are scalable, which allow the optimization of the customer’s economic resources. A SaaS (Software as a Service) delivery model is used which allows easy customization and high scalability.
On the 10th anniversary of the company, Secure Online Desktop is an Italian company still growing, a cloud provider with excellent quality services, whose values are cyber security and customer care.
What we offer are solutions and not just services. This means that the services provided are highly customizable and we are able to generate ad hoc solutions for every company and every need.
We like to be tested, so we “challenge” our customers to submit specific situations and problems to us and then offer tailored solutions that always leave the final customer and his employees satisfied.
SOD in the market
We can’t deny that competing with giants like Amazon or Microsoft, to name just the best known, isn’t easy at all. However, what sets us apart is the customer care and the attention we put into offering our services .
By necessity, for big companies , having tens of thousands of customers can only lower the level of personalization of the service provided. Inevitably, this leads some customers to be dissatisfied with the service.
We, on the other hand, who are a much smaller international company, can invest more time in assistance and product customization operations. The result is always satisfied customers, perfect services in every detail and constant growth in the number of customers. As an added value, we engage in constant research to improve and expand our range of services offered.
We are extremely satisfied with the results achieved over the past ten years, and we say it with some satisfaction on our company anniversary.
Our most recent social initiatives
Furthermore, we must not forget that over time we have also got involved in the social sphere. In the last year alone, two new initiatives have been promoted to help entrepreneurs and companies in difficulty following the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We offered a free Cloud Storage service ( ownCloud ) to support companies in introducing a telecommuting plan for their employees. In addition, we have long supported Folding @ Home , a distributed computing project aimed at simulating protein dynamics , in particular the folding process. Through the use of software made available, it is possible to offer the computing power of a computer as an active resource for research. & nbsp;
The Folding @ Home initiative helped research against COVID-19 by focusing the computational power offered by the participants on virus analysis.
We haven’t pulled back even as regards the realities of our territory, which we regularly support. For example, Civil Protection of Albinea uses our web hosting and online presence management services under the title free. Furthermore, we actively help the association AGiReCoN ( Associazione Giovani Reggiani Against Cancer ) with IT support and in the development of apps to facilitate doctor / patient communication.
The evolution of our services
As I mentioned before, many services have been added to the first Online Desktop offering, but I want to celebrate this day in a complete way by offering a chronological overview of the major services offered.
We work on our services to always offer the best for our customers.
These first 10 years of business have been exciting and have brought many exciting challenges. We want to continue at this pace to improve and always offer the best IT services for our customers!
- Hadoop Open Data Model: “open” data collection
- Pass the Ticket: how to mitigate it with a SOCaaS
- Use cases of a SOCaaS for companies part 2
- Use cases of a SOCaaS for companies part 1
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- “Left of boom” and “right of boom”: having a winning strategy
- Smishing: a fraud similar to phishing
- Network Traffic Analyzer: an extra gear for the Next Gen SIEM
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (20)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (4)
- Log Management (2)
- News (18)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (148)
- Web Hosting (15)
- IT Leaders Consider Security Tech a Part of Business Transformation January 22, 2022Security makes the top 10 list of technologies changing how organizations operate, an indicator of how information security is increasingly viewed as a strategic business initiative.
- Fraud Is On the Rise, and It's Going to Get Worse January 21, 2022The acceleration of the digital transformation resulted in a surge of online transactions, greater adoption of digital payments, and increased fraud.
- REvil Ransomware Gang Arrests Trigger Uncertainty, Concern in Cybercrime Forums January 21, 2022Threat actors from Eastern Europe seen expressing some concern about Russia being a safe place for them to continue operating, researchers say.
- Looking Beyond Biden's Binding Security Directive January 21, 2022Implementing these and other security procedures will greatly improve the security posture of the United States and its private partners.
- Biden Broadens NSA Oversight of National Security Systems January 20, 2022New Cybersecurity National Security Memorandum will let the spy agency "identify vulnerabilities, detect malicious threat activity and drive mitigations," agency cybersecurity director says.
- (ISC)² Appoints Jon France, CISSP, as Chief Information Security Officer January 20, 2022Accomplished cybersecurity leader will advocate globally for best practices in risk management and head up association security operations.
- Researchers Discover Dangerous Firmware-Level Rootkit January 20, 2022MoonBounce is the latest in a small but growing number of implants found hidden in a computer's Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI).
- Automating Response Is a Marathon, Not a Sprint January 20, 2022Organizations should balance process automation and human interaction to meet their unique security requirements.
- Red Cross Hit via Third-Party Cyberattack January 20, 2022The incident compromised the personal data and confidential information of more than 515,000 "highly vulnerable people," the Red Cross reports.
- Enterprises Are Sailing Into a Perfect Storm of Cloud Risk January 20, 2022Policy as code and other techniques can help enterprises steer clear of the dangers that have befallen otherwise sophisticated cloud customers.
- Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel / Unauthenticated Remote Data Deletion January 16, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 16Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/8abb41f6e7010d70c90f65fd9a740faa_C.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Data Deletion Description: The Mars-Stealer web interface has a "Grab Rules" component area that lets a user specify which type of files to collect from […]
- Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel / Unauthenticated Remote Persistent XSS January 16, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 16Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/8abb41f6e7010d70c90f65fd9a740faa_B.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Persistent XSS Description: The Mars-Stealer web interface has a "Marker Rules" component area. Third-party attackers who can reach the Mars-Stealer server can send HTTP...
- Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel / Unauthenticated Remote Information Disclosure January 16, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 16Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/8abb41f6e7010d70c90f65fd9a740faa.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Information Disclosure Description: The malware web interface stores screen captures named "screenshot.jpg" in the panel directory, ZIP archived. Third-party attackers who...
- Ab Stealer Web Panel / Unauthenticated Remote Persistent XSS January 16, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 16Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/9e44c10307aa8194753896ecf8102167.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Ab Stealer Web Panel Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Persistent XSS Description: The "Ab Stealer" web Panel By KingDomSc for "AbBuild v.1.0.exe" is used to browse victim information "Get All Victims Passwords, With...
- SEC Consult SA-20220113-0 :: Cleartext Storage of Phone Password in Cisco IP Phones January 14, 2022Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research on Jan 14SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20220113-0 > ======================================================================= title: Cleartext Storage of Phone Password product: Cisco IP Phone Series 78x1, 88x5, 88x1, 7832, 8832, 8821 and 3905 vulnerable version: Firmware
- 🐞 Call for Papers for Hardwear.io USA 2022 is OPEN! January 14, 2022Posted by Andrea Simonca on Jan 14Hello, We are happy to announce that the CFP for Hardwear.io USA 2022 is OPEN! If you have a groundbreaking embedded research or an awesome open-source tool you’d like to showcase before the global hardware security community, this is your chance. Send in your ideas on various hardware subjects, […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-01-12-1 iOS 15.2.1 and iPadOS 15.2.1 January 12, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 12APPLE-SA-2022-01-12-1 iOS 15.2.1 and iPadOS 15.2.1 iOS 15.2.1 and iPadOS 15.2.1 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213043. HomeKit Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, […]
- Reprise License Manager 14.2 - Reflected Cross-Site Scripting January 12, 2022Posted by Gionathan Reale via Fulldisclosure on Jan 12# Product: RLM 14.2 # Vendor: Reprise Software # CVE ID: CVE-2021-45422 # Vulnerability Title: Reflected Cross-Site Scripting # Severity: Medium # Author(s): Giulia Melotti Garibaldi # Date: 2022-01-11 # ############################################################# Introduction: An issue was discovered in Reprise License Manager 14.2, Reprise License Manager 14.2 is affected […]
- [RT-SA-2021-009] Credential Disclosure in Web Interface of Crestron Device January 12, 2022Posted by RedTeam Pentesting GmbH on Jan 12Advisory: Credential Disclosure in Web Interface of Crestron Device When the administrative web interface of the Crestron HDMI switcher is accessed unauthenticated, user credentials are disclosed which are valid to authenticate to the web interface. Details ======= Product: Crestron HD-MD4X2-4K-E Affected Versions: 184.108.40.2069 Fixed Versions: - Vulnerability Type: […]
- Backdoor.Win32.Controlit.10 / Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution January 11, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 11Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/859aab793a42868343346163bd42f485.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Controlit.10 Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution Description: The malware listens on TCP port 3347. Third-party attackers who can reach an infected system can run any OS commands made available by the […]
Tempo di lettura: 5 minUtilizzo del Machine Learning per proteggere i dati Introdotto nel gennaio 2017, Acronis Act… https://t.co/mhqalBxm8D
Gli attacchi informatici sono numerosi e non fanno distinzione tra aziende e singoli individui quando prendono di m… https://t.co/uOucUWZf7W
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes SNYPR è uno strumento di analisi della sicurezza in grado di trasformare i Big… https://t.co/oies7e0nYY
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes Con l’avvento delle piattaforme di big data, le aziende che si occupano di sicu… https://t.co/MSvA0dPgiE