7 GOOD REASONS TO CHOOSE THE AUTOSCALING OPTION
1. The hard disk or one of the server’s hard disks is full
◊ WITHOUT Autoscaling: Services crash and users of applications running on the disk receive a disservice image of the company and risk users do not return.
◊ WITH Autoscaling: The disks are resized according to the new disk occupation.
2. The processor (CPU) goes into saturation (100% use)
◊ WITHOUT Autoscaling: Web applications respond slowly or time-outfollowing degradation and / or disservice to the user.
◊ WITH Autoscaling: The system adds the necessary CPUs.
3. The RAM memory goes into saturation (occupied 2Gb on 2Gb, occupied 6Gb on 6Gb …)
◊ WITHOUT: Web applications respond slowly or time-outfollowing degradation and / or disservice to the user. *
◊ WITH: The system adds RAM memory.
4. Increased network traffic (client delivers 100Mbps on a 100Mb network card)
◊ WITHOUT: What is called the “bottleneck” takes place, ie the system is not able to serve new users.
◊ CON: The system resizes the bandwidth.
5. Server oversizing
◊ WITHOUT: the user buys a client that is oversized compared to his needs as a result pays for features he does not use.
◊ CON: The system reduces resources in order to adapt to the real needs of the user, considerably reducing costs.
6. Installation times
◊ WITHOUT: In the face of a change, the user must re-install the entire platform on a larger system.
◊ CON: It is not necessary to re-install the software or the platform because the system resizes itself automatically.
7. Autoscaling vs scaling
Autoscaling does everything that a scaling system does, that is, it allows the user to vary them
hardware features, but it does this automatically, reducing management costs and increasing end-user satisfaction.
* In technical terms it is said that the operating system swapped.
Swapping means saving to the hard disk all the information that the system can not save in RAM because it is full, consequently the system slows down considerably because the access times to the disk are much higher than the available memory.
- Network Traffic Analyzer: an extra gear for the Next Gen SIEM
- The importance of Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Red Team, Blue Team and Purple Team: what are the differences?
- Magecart attack: what it is and how to protect yourself
- 9 reasons why you should consider using a VPN
- The latest PDF phishing trends of 2020
- Predictive cybersecurity with our SOCaaS
- Secure Online Desktop 10 years later: our corporate anniversary
- Backup as a Service (2)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (20)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (4)
- Log Management (2)
- News (18)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (13)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Biden Administration Responds to Geopolitical Cyber Threats July 23, 2021In response to growing concerns regarding the recent uptick in large-scale, nation-state-backed ransomware attacks on critical infrastructure, the Biden administration is taking new action to tackle the evolving challenges posed by ransomware attacks.
- 7 Hot Cyber Threat Trends to Expect at Black Hat July 22, 2021A sneak peek of some of the main themes at Black Hat USA next month.
- Law Firm for Ford, Pfizer, Exxon Discloses Ransomware Attack July 19, 2021Campbell Conroy & O'Neil reports the attack affected personal data including Social Security numbers, passport numbers, and payment card data for some individuals.
- US Accuses China of Using Criminal Hackers in Cyber Espionage Operations July 19, 2021DOJ indicts four Chinese individuals for alleged role in attacks targeting intellectual property, trade secrets belonging to defense contractors, maritime companies, aircraft service firms, and others.
- How Gaming Attack Data Aids Defenders Across Industries July 19, 2021Web application attacks against the video game industry quadrupled in 2020 compared to the previous year, but companies outside entertainment can learn from the data.
- NSO Group Spyware Used On Journalists & Activists Worldwide July 19, 2021An investigation finds Pegasus spyware, intended for use on criminals and terrorists, has been used in targeted campaigns against others around the world.
- When Ransomware Comes to (Your) Town July 19, 2021While steps for defending against a ransomware attack vary based on the size of the government entity and the resources available to each one, rooting out ransomware ultimately will come down to two things: system architecture and partnerships.
- Breaking Down the Threat of Going All-In With Microsoft Security July 19, 2021Limit risk by dividing responsibility for infrastructure, tools, and security.
- 7 Ways AI and ML Are Helping and Hurting Cybersecurity July 19, 2021In the right hands, artificial intelligence and machine learning can enrich our cyber defenses. In the wrong hands, they can create significant harm.
- Researchers Create New Approach to Detect Brand Impersonation July 16, 2021A team of Microsoft researchers developed and trained a Siamese Neural Network to detect brand impersonation attacks.
- APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-7 Safari 14.1.2 July 23, 2021Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-7 Safari 14.1.2 Safari 14.1.2 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT212606. WebKit Available for: macOS Catalina and macOS Mojave Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution Description: A type confusion issue was addressed […]
- APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-6 tvOS 14.7 July 23, 2021Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-6 tvOS 14.7 tvOS 14.7 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT212604. Audio Available for: Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD Impact: A local attacker may be able to cause unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution Description: […]
- APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-5 watchOS 7.6 July 23, 2021Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-5 watchOS 7.6 watchOS 7.6 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT212605. ActionKit Available for: Apple Watch Series 3 and later Impact: A shortcut may be able to bypass Internet permission requirements Description: An input validation issue was addressed […]
- APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-4 Security Update 2021-005 Mojave July 23, 2021Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-4 Security Update 2021-005 Mojave Security Update 2021-005 Mojave addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT212603. AMD Kernel Available for: macOS Mojave Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A memory corruption […]
- APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-3 Security Update 2021-004 Catalina July 23, 2021Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-3 Security Update 2021-004 Catalina Security Update 2021-004 Catalina addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT212600. AMD Kernel Available for: macOS Catalina Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A memory corruption […]
- APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-2 macOS Big Sur 11.5 July 23, 2021Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-2 macOS Big Sur 11.5 macOS Big Sur 11.5 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT212602. AMD Kernel Available for: macOS Big Sur Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A memory […]
- APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-1 iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 July 23, 2021Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-1 iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT212601. iOS 14.7 released July 19, 2021; iPadOS 14.7 released July 21, 2021 ActionKit Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Pro […]
- ipython3 may execute code from the current working directory July 23, 2021Posted by Georgi Guninski on Jul 23Summary: under certain circumstances, ipython3 may execute code from the current working directory. This might be a problem if the current working directory is not trusted. python3 is safe. Tested on ubuntu 20. The following session illustrates it: [email protected]:~/tests/dir2$ pwd /home/joro/tests/dir2 [email protected]:~/tests/dir2$ ipython3 --version 7.13.0 [email protected]:~/tests/dir2$ ls ~/tests/dir1 a.py […]
- Cross-site Scripting vulnerability in Ampache 4.4.2 July 23, 2021Posted by Daniel Bishtawi via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23Hello, We are informing you about a Cross-site Scripting vulnerability in Ampache 4.4.2. Information -------------------- Advisory by Netsparker Name: Cross-site Scripting vulnerability in Ampache 4.4.2 Affected Software: Ampache Affected Versions: 4.4.2 Homepage: http://ampache.org/ Vulnerability: Cross-Site Scripting Severity: High Status: Fixed CVSS Score (3.0): 7.4 (High) Netsparker Advisory […]
- CFP for Hardwear.io Netherlands 2021 July 23, 2021Posted by Andrea Simonca on Jul 23Hardwear.io Security Trainings and Conference Netherlands 2021 28-29 October 2021, NH Hotel Den Haag, The Netherlands https://hardwear.io/netherlands-2021/ It is a pleasure to invite you to bring forward your cutting-edge research at Hardwear.io Netherlands 2021: Important Dates Deadline for submission: 20 August 2021 Notification of acceptance: 3 September 2021 Security […]
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Ogni giorno sentiamo parlare di qualche nuova minaccia o vulnerabilità in ambi… https://t.co/nlHWBfE6QU
Tempo di lettura stimato: 9 minuti Agile working and smart working are now a daily reality for many workers. W… https://t.co/FXpigfCLJ8
Tempo di lettura stimato: 9 minuti Ormai, lavoro agile e smart working sono una realtà quotidiana per molti lavor… https://t.co/AVUdOnRQB7
Tempo di lettura stimato: 9 minuti Nel periodo 2019-2020 si è notato un drammatico aumento del 1160% dei file PDF… https://t.co/78xe9tC59h
Tempo di lettura stimato: 9 minuti There was a dramatic 1160% increase in malicious PDF files in 2019-2020. It… https://t.co/kB9TNUmDfE