Communication: webinars and video calls
Only a few months in this 2020 and we have experienced, despite ourselves, a need for remote communication that we did not have before. The world of work has (re) discovered smart working and has quickly had to adapt to new needs. One of these is to offer an adequate communication method that includes the possibility of teleconferencing, webinars and video calls in general.
What are webinars
The technology that allows us this type of interaction has been around for a few years. Only from 2017-18, however, was it starting to catch on. Especially through the dissemination of webinars, often offered for free as a brand awareness tool.
The word webinar is the union of two English words web and seminar, in Italian they are also called video conferences or video calls. A webinar is, in essence, an online meeting or presentation that takes place in real time. The Internet acts as a communication vehicle between speakers and the public.
The main feature of live video conferencing is interactivity and the ability to discuss, send and receive information in real time.
Use of the tool
Through a dedicated software, many interesting events can be organized, both for individuals and for companies.
– Webinar: meetings where a speaker presents a topic to a virtual audience. Communication is usually one-way and the public can only intervene if the moderator grants it.
– Video call: an equal interaction between two or more people. This exchange of information takes place bi-directionally, as in a normal conversation.
– Videoconference or conference call: Similar to video calls, but in the workplace. During a video conference, the results of the teams involved in a project are often shared. Or new products are presented or some problems are also exposed. In short, what normally happens in a business meeting.
Almost all the software available for remote audio / video interaction offer very interesting features.
Screen sharing and presentation: One of the participants shares the screen with the others. Showing a PowerPoint presentation in this way is very simple, for example.
Whiteboard: Some programs offer the use of a blackboard for the moderator of the meeting. Very interesting for school videoconferences, or to actively show current data and patterns.
Webcam sharing: Webcam sharing is always present and has the only limitation of requiring more bandwidth than audio sharing. The webcam is usually turned off to the public during webinars or in calls with many participants.
Public chat: Participants have the opportunity to write in a chat during the online event. It is useful for asking questions in writing. In fact, when the event includes many spectators, taking away the possibility of speaking prevents the moderator from being disturbed.
Conference Notes: During a webinar it is often useful to be able to take notes. In professional tools this feature allows you to save your notes once the video conference has ended.
Webinars make it possible to hold conferences and meetings at any time and place. Anyone can attend a webinar without leaving work or while at home, on a business trip or even on vacation.
The only thing to keep in mind is that everyone must have the same software and the same version. It often happens, however, that the participants have not installed the necessary software, or that their version is not updated.
To solve the problem, some services are offered with only the web interface, which does not require installation. The only thing needed is an internet connection.
For the work
When a video calling tool is implemented in the work routine, it is essential that it is reliable and professional.
The Cloud Web Conference system does not require any installation, it is accessible from any browser and from any computer.
Some important features for the moderator:
– Screen sharing
– Use of a virtual whiteboard
– Disable audio to participants to avoid distractions
For participants in a video conference:
– Ability to take notes
– Use of a chat
– Possibility to emphasize different parts of the interface to give greater prominence to the video or presentation, if necessary
The use of dedicated online software lightens the employees’ computers, requiring no installation. Videoconferencing with teams, or promotional webinars are greatly facilitated in the creation and sharing.
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (15)
- Security (170)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Forescout Launches Forescout Frontline to Help Organizations Tackle Ransomware and Real Time Threats May 25, 2022New threat hunting and risk identification service provides organizations with an enterprise-wide baseline of their threat landscape and risk exposure.
- Is Your Data Security Living on the Edge? May 25, 2022Gartner's security service edge fundamentally changes how companies should be delivering data protection in a cloud and mobile first world.
- Interpol's Massive 'Operation Delilah' Nabs BEC Bigwig May 25, 2022A sprawling, multiyear operation nabs a suspected SilverTerrier BEC group ringleader, exposing a massive attack infrastructure and sapping the group of a bit of its strength.
- JFrog Launches Project Pyrsia to Help Prevent Software Supply Chain Attacks May 25, 2022Open source software community initiative utilizes blockchain technology.
- Mastercard Launches Cybersecurity “Experience Centre” May 25, 2022Experience Centre features emerging Mastercard products and solutions for securing digital payments on a global scale, including those developed locally in Vancouver.
- Qualys to Unveil VMDR 2.0 at Qualys Security Conference in San Francisco May 25, 2022Company will detail enhancements to Vulnerability Management, Detection and Response solution next month.
- Corelight Announces New SaaS Platform for Threat Hunting May 25, 2022Corelight Investigator aids threat hunting and investigation through intelligent alert aggregation, built-in queries and scalable search
- Cybersecurity-Focused SYN Ventures Closes $300 Million Fund II May 25, 2022Cylance co-founder Ryan Permeh has joined full time as an operating partner.
- Vishing Attacks Reach All Time High, According to Latest Agari and PhishLabs Report May 25, 2022According to the findings, vishing attacks have overtaken business email compromise as the second most reported response-based email threat since Q3 2021.
- Zero-Click Zoom Bug Allows Code Execution Just by Sending a Message May 25, 2022Google has disclosed a nasty set of six bugs affecting Zoom chat that can be chained together for MitM and RCE attacks, no user interaction required.
- Disclosing Vulnerability of CLink Office 2.0 May 23, 2022Posted by chan chan on May 23Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to submit a vulnerability found on CLink Office 2.0. I had contacted the vendor 60 days before but in vain. # Exploit Title: Multiple blind SQL injection vulnerabilities in in CLink Office 2.0 Anti-Spam management console # Date: 30 Mar 2022 # Exploit Author: […]
- [tool] tplink backup decryptor. May 23, 2022Posted by retset on May 23Yet another "tool" to decrypt a backup configs for some tplink wifi routers. Only tested on latest fw for "Archer C7". I hope that it will be useful for someone. https://github.com/ret5et/tplink_backup_decrypt_2022.bin
- SEC Consult SA-20220518-0 :: Multiple Critical Vulnerabilities in SAP® Application Server, ABAP and ABAP® Platform (Different Software Components) May 18, 2022Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on May 18SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20220518-0 > ======================================================================= title: Multiple Critical Vulnerabilities product: SAP® Application Server ABAP and ABAP® Platform (Different Software Components) vulnerable version: see section "Vulnerable / tested versions" fixed version: see SAP security notes...
- PHPIPAM 1.4.4 - CVE-2021-46426 May 18, 2022Posted by Rodolfo Augusto do Nascimento Tavares via Fulldisclosure on May 18=====[ Tempest Security Intelligence - ADV-03/2022 ]========================== PHPIPAM - Version 1.4.4 Author: Rodolfo Tavares Tempest Security Intelligence - Recife, Pernambuco - Brazil =====[ Table of Contents ]================================================== * Overview * Detailed description * Timeline of disclosure * Thanks & Acknowledgements * References =====[ Vulnerability […]
- LiquidFiles - 3.4.15 - Stored XSS - CVE-2021-30140 May 18, 2022Posted by Rodolfo Augusto do Nascimento Tavares via Fulldisclosure on May 18=====[ Tempest Security Intelligence - ADV-12/2021 ]========================== LiquidFiles - 3.4.15 Author: Rodolfo Tavares Tempest Security Intelligence - Recife, Pernambuco - Brazil =====[ Table of Contents]================================================== * Overview * Detailed description * Timeline of disclosure * Thanks & Acknowledgements * References =====[ Vulnerability...
- Watch multiple LockBit Ransom get DESTROYED Mass PWNAGE at scale! May 18, 2022Posted by malvuln on May 18Watch multiple LockBit Ransom get DESTROYED Mass PWNAGE at scale! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3l8a_HSSU
- github.com/malvuln/RansomDLLs / Catalog of current DLLs affecting vulnerable Ransomware strains. May 18, 2022Posted by malvuln on May 18Reference list for my Ransomware exploitation research. Lists current DLLs I have seen to date that some ransomware search for, which I have used successfully to hijack and intercept vulnerable strains executing arbitrary code pre-encryption. https://github.com/malvuln/RansomDLLs
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-2 macOS Monterey 12.4 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-2 macOS Monterey 12.4 macOS Monterey 12.4 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213257. AMD Available for: macOS Monterey Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-6 tvOS 15.5 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-6 tvOS 15.5 tvOS 15.5 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213254. AppleAVD Available for: Apple TV 4K, Apple TV 4K (2nd generation), and Apple TV HD Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-5 watchOS 8.6 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-5 watchOS 8.6 watchOS 8.6 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213253. AppleAVD Available for: Apple Watch Series 3 and later Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A use after free […]
Security Awareness, la sicurezza aziendale parte dai dipendenti. L'ingegneria sociale fa spesso leva sull'ignoranza… https://t.co/nGAs70Ofn5
Torna all'inizio Scopri i nostri servizi di Cyber SecurityTroverai sicuramente quello che fa al caso tuo Se vuoi m… https://t.co/Emm5kUfFc4
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Today we see one of the latest additions to our SOCaaS, the Autonomous Threat… https://t.co/QNvHnKbEqq
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The Security Code Review (SCR) service is increasingly used by companies l… https://t.co/rJmYXr1oCj
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il servizio di Security Code Review (SCR) è sempre più utilizzato dalle aziende… https://t.co/g2ho2C8FYh