Communication: webinars and video calls
Only a few months in this 2020 and we have experienced, despite ourselves, a need for remote communication that we did not have before. The world of work has (re) discovered smart working and has quickly had to adapt to new needs. One of these is to offer an adequate communication method that includes the possibility of teleconferencing, webinars and video calls in general.
What are webinars
The technology that allows us this type of interaction has been around for a few years. Only from 2017-18, however, was it starting to catch on. Especially through the dissemination of webinars, often offered for free as a brand awareness tool.
The word webinar is the union of two English words web and seminar, in Italian they are also called video conferences or video calls. A webinar is, in essence, an online meeting or presentation that takes place in real time. The Internet acts as a communication vehicle between speakers and the public.
The main feature of live video conferencing is interactivity and the ability to discuss, send and receive information in real time.
Use of the tool
Through a dedicated software, many interesting events can be organized, both for individuals and for companies.
– Webinar: meetings where a speaker presents a topic to a virtual audience. Communication is usually one-way and the public can only intervene if the moderator grants it.
– Video call: an equal interaction between two or more people. This exchange of information takes place bi-directionally, as in a normal conversation.
– Videoconference or conference call: Similar to video calls, but in the workplace. During a video conference, the results of the teams involved in a project are often shared. Or new products are presented or some problems are also exposed. In short, what normally happens in a business meeting.
Almost all the software available for remote audio / video interaction offer very interesting features.
Screen sharing and presentation: One of the participants shares the screen with the others. Showing a PowerPoint presentation in this way is very simple, for example.
Whiteboard: Some programs offer the use of a blackboard for the moderator of the meeting. Very interesting for school videoconferences, or to actively show current data and patterns.
Webcam sharing: Webcam sharing is always present and has the only limitation of requiring more bandwidth than audio sharing. The webcam is usually turned off to the public during webinars or in calls with many participants.
Public chat: Participants have the opportunity to write in a chat during the online event. It is useful for asking questions in writing. In fact, when the event includes many spectators, taking away the possibility of speaking prevents the moderator from being disturbed.
Conference Notes: During a webinar it is often useful to be able to take notes. In professional tools this feature allows you to save your notes once the video conference has ended.
Webinars make it possible to hold conferences and meetings at any time and place. Anyone can attend a webinar without leaving work or while at home, on a business trip or even on vacation.
The only thing to keep in mind is that everyone must have the same software and the same version. It often happens, however, that the participants have not installed the necessary software, or that their version is not updated.
To solve the problem, some services are offered with only the web interface, which does not require installation. The only thing needed is an internet connection.
For the work
When a video calling tool is implemented in the work routine, it is essential that it is reliable and professional.
The Cloud Web Conference system does not require any installation, it is accessible from any browser and from any computer.
Some important features for the moderator:
– Screen sharing
– Use of a virtual whiteboard
– Disable audio to participants to avoid distractions
For participants in a video conference:
– Ability to take notes
– Use of a chat
– Possibility to emphasize different parts of the interface to give greater prominence to the video or presentation, if necessary
The use of dedicated online software lightens the employees’ computers, requiring no installation. Videoconferencing with teams, or promotional webinars are greatly facilitated in the creation and sharing.
- What is it for? Hadoop Security Data Lake (SDL)
- Secure Online Desktop achieves ISO 27001: the security certification for managed services
- SOCaaS and Active Defense Deception Webinar – Guide to the next cybersecurity online event
- Auditing IT della sicurezza: guida completa all’analisi proattiva di vulnerabilità e conformità
- CIS Controls and Vulnerability Assessment: practical guide to adopting best practices
- Kerberoasting: a threat to cybersecurity and how to mitigate it with Security Posture analysis
- Protect Your Business: Antivirus vs. SOC Service with EDR and Next Generation Antivirus (NGA)
- CSIRT and SOC: Differences between incident management and security monitoring
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (23)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (191)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Cloudbrink Presents Firewall-As-Service for the Hybrid Workplace December 6, 2023
- DTEX Systems Appoints Mandiant Global CTO Marshall Heilman As CEO December 6, 2023
- Patch Now: Critical Atlassian Bugs Endanger Enterprise Apps December 6, 2023Four RCE vulnerabilities in Confluence, Jira, and other platforms, allow instance takeover and environment infestation.
- Microsoft Is Getting a New 'Outsider' CISO December 6, 2023Igor Tsyganskiy inherits the high-profile CISO spot in Redmond, while his predecessor, Bret Arsenault, is named chief security adviser.
- CISA: Threat Actor Breached Federal Systems via Adobe ColdFusion Flaw December 6, 2023Adobe patched CVE-2023-26360 in March amid active exploit activity targeting the flaw.
- US Navy Ship Builder Says No Classified Info Leaked in Cyberattack December 6, 2023Austul USA, a military contractor, alerts law enforcement it quickly mitigated a recent cyberattack on its systems and that an investigation is ongoing.
- Vulns in Android WebView, Password Managers Can Leak User Credentials December 6, 2023Black Hat researchers show top password managers on Android mobiles are prone to leak passwords when using WebView autofill function.
- Critical Bluetooth Flaw Exposes Android, Apple & Linux Devices to Takeover December 6, 2023Various devices remain vulnerable to the bug, which has existed without notice for years and allows an attacker to control devices as if from a Bluetooth keyboard.
- Cracking Weak Cryptography Before Quantum Computing Does December 6, 2023Worries over crypto's defenselessness against quantum computing has inspired a project that automates the discovery of insecure cryptographic algorithms in open source software.
- UK Cyber CTO: Vendors' Security Failings Are Rampant December 6, 2023The NCSC's Ollie Whitehouse criticizes security vendors for actively working against organizations in their fight against breaches and ransomware.
- SEC Consult SA-20231123 :: Uninstall Key Caching in Fortra Digital Guardian Agent Uninstaller November 27, 2023Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20231123-0 > ======================================================================= title: Uninstall Key Caching product: Fortra Digital Guardian Agent Uninstaller (Data Loss Prevention) vulnerable version: Agent:
- SEC Consult SA-20231122 :: Multiple Vulnerabilities in m-privacy TightGate-Pro November 27, 2023Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20231122-0 > ======================================================================= title: Multiple Vulnerabilities product: m-privacy TightGate-Pro vulnerable version: Rolling Release, servers with the following package versions are vulnerable: tightgatevnc < 4.1.2~1 rsbac-policy-tgpro
- Senec Inverters Home V1, V2, V3 Home & Hybrid Use of Hard-coded Credentials - CVE-2023-39169 November 27, 2023Posted by Phos4Me via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27Sent through the Full Disclosure mailing list https://nmap.org/mailman/listinfo/fulldisclosure Web Archives & RSS: https://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/
- [SYSS-2023-019] SmartNode SN200 - Unauthenticated OS Command Injection November 27, 2023Posted by Maurizio Ruchay via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27Advisory ID: SYSS-2023-019 Product: SmartNode SN200 Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) & VoIP Gateway Manufacturer: Patton LLC Affected Version(s):
- CVE-2023-46307 November 27, 2023Posted by Kevin on Nov 27running on the remote port specified during setup
- CVE-2023-46307 November 27, 2023Posted by Kevin on Nov 27While conducting a penetration test for a client, they were running an application called etc-browser which is a public GitHub project with a Docker container. While fuzzing the web server spun up with etcd-browser (which can run on any arbitrary port), the application had a Directory Traversal vulnerability that is […]
- Survey on usage of security advisories November 27, 2023Posted by Aurich, Janik on Nov 27Dear list members, we are looking for voluntary participants for our survey, which was developed in the context of a master thesis at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. The goal of the survey is to determine potential difficulties that may occur when dealing with security advisories. The focus of the […]
- [CVE-2023-46386, CVE-2023-46387, CVE-2023-46388, CVE-2023-46389] Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec products (3) November 27, 2023Posted by Chizuru Toyama on Nov 27[+] CVE : CVE-2023-46386, CVE-2023-46387, CVE-2023-46388, CVE-2023-46389 [+] Title : Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec L-INX Automation Servers [+] Vendor : LOYTEC electronics GmbH [+] Affected Product(s) : LINX-151, Firmware 7.2.4, LINX-212, firmware 6.2.4 [+] Affected Components : L-INX Automation Servers [+] Discovery Date :...
- [CVE-2023-46383, CVE-2023-46384, CVE-2023-46385] Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec products (2) November 27, 2023Posted by Chizuru Toyama on Nov 27[+] CVE : CVE-2023-46383, CVE-2023-46384, CVE-2023-46385 [+] Title : Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec LINX Configurator [+] Vendor : LOYTEC electronics GmbH [+] Affected Product(s) : LINX Configurator 7.4.10 [+] Affected Components : LINX Configurator [+] Discovery Date : 01-Sep-2021 [+] Publication date : 03-Nov-2023 [+]...
- Senec Inverters Home V1, V2, V3 Home & Hybrid Exposure of the Username to an Unauthorized Actor - CVE-2023-39168 November 12, 2023Posted by Phos4Me via Fulldisclosure on Nov 12Sent through the Full Disclosure mailing list https://nmap.org/mailman/listinfo/fulldisclosure Web Archives & RSS: https://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF