Communication: webinars and video calls
Only a few months in this 2020 and we have experienced, despite ourselves, a need for remote communication that we did not have before. The world of work has (re) discovered smart working and has quickly had to adapt to new needs. One of these is to offer an adequate communication method that includes the possibility of teleconferencing, webinars and video calls in general.
What are webinars
The technology that allows us this type of interaction has been around for a few years. Only from 2017-18, however, was it starting to catch on. Especially through the dissemination of webinars, often offered for free as a brand awareness tool.
The word webinar is the union of two English words web and seminar, in Italian they are also called video conferences or video calls. A webinar is, in essence, an online meeting or presentation that takes place in real time. The Internet acts as a communication vehicle between speakers and the public.
The main feature of live video conferencing is interactivity and the ability to discuss, send and receive information in real time.
Use of the tool
Through a dedicated software, many interesting events can be organized, both for individuals and for companies.
– Webinar: meetings where a speaker presents a topic to a virtual audience. Communication is usually one-way and the public can only intervene if the moderator grants it.
– Video call: an equal interaction between two or more people. This exchange of information takes place bi-directionally, as in a normal conversation.
– Videoconference or conference call: Similar to video calls, but in the workplace. During a video conference, the results of the teams involved in a project are often shared. Or new products are presented or some problems are also exposed. In short, what normally happens in a business meeting.
Almost all the software available for remote audio / video interaction offer very interesting features.
Screen sharing and presentation: One of the participants shares the screen with the others. Showing a PowerPoint presentation in this way is very simple, for example.
Whiteboard: Some programs offer the use of a blackboard for the moderator of the meeting. Very interesting for school videoconferences, or to actively show current data and patterns.
Webcam sharing: Webcam sharing is always present and has the only limitation of requiring more bandwidth than audio sharing. The webcam is usually turned off to the public during webinars or in calls with many participants.
Public chat: Participants have the opportunity to write in a chat during the online event. It is useful for asking questions in writing. In fact, when the event includes many spectators, taking away the possibility of speaking prevents the moderator from being disturbed.
Conference Notes: During a webinar it is often useful to be able to take notes. In professional tools this feature allows you to save your notes once the video conference has ended.
Webinars make it possible to hold conferences and meetings at any time and place. Anyone can attend a webinar without leaving work or while at home, on a business trip or even on vacation.
The only thing to keep in mind is that everyone must have the same software and the same version. It often happens, however, that the participants have not installed the necessary software, or that their version is not updated.
To solve the problem, some services are offered with only the web interface, which does not require installation. The only thing needed is an internet connection.
For the work
When a video calling tool is implemented in the work routine, it is essential that it is reliable and professional.
The Cloud Web Conference system does not require any installation, it is accessible from any browser and from any computer.
Some important features for the moderator:
– Screen sharing
– Use of a virtual whiteboard
– Disable audio to participants to avoid distractions
For participants in a video conference:
– Ability to take notes
– Use of a chat
– Possibility to emphasize different parts of the interface to give greater prominence to the video or presentation, if necessary
The use of dedicated online software lightens the employees’ computers, requiring no installation. Videoconferencing with teams, or promotional webinars are greatly facilitated in the creation and sharing.
- Videoconferencing platform
- VPS hosting services – Cloud server
- Communication: webinars and video calls
- Companies and smart working – let’s clarify
- Free Cloud Conference for Corona Virus Emergency (COVID-19)
- What is cloud storage? What advantages does it offer?
- Corporate backup solutions Self-protection tests
- ownCloud – simple and secure cloud storage
- Backup as a Service (4)
- Cloud Conference (2)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (21)
- Conferenza Cloud (3)
- ICT Monitoring (1)
- Log Management (2)
- News (52)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (6)
- Secure Online Desktop (9)
- Security (13)
- Vulnerabilities (74)
- Web Hosting (3)
Only a few months in this 2020 and we have experienced, despite ourselves, a need for remote communication that we… https://t.co/HIYhWkHA6u
Cloud storage, whose meaning from English is cloud storage, is a method of storing data that is placed in a place a… https://t.co/ZDNiixJnZb
Solo pochi mesi in questo 2020 e abbiamo sperimentato, nostro malgrado, una necessita' di comunicazione a distanza… https://t.co/FFnqoqYCxe
Through the ownCloud cloud storage service you can collaborate with your colleagues on securely stored content, bot… https://t.co/CbqZZBgKjM
Cloud Conference free for two months for Corona Virus emergency (COVID-19). To cope with the Corona Virus emergency… https://t.co/TF4Z26UxpL