cPanel and Plesk the best for hosting management
Most hosting environments use an intuitive interface to help users manage their web spaces. Two very famous panels are cPanel and Plesk, widely used and offered in the SaaS formula. Without these graphical interfaces, it would be difficult to manage a hosting space and set up a site. A lot of time is usually spent managing a web space through a control panel, consequently, the choice of a provider should also be made based on the panel it offers, how user friendly it is and what features are immediately available.
Let’s see what are the generic advantages of a web panel and try to understand why the use of a product like Plesk is to be preferred.
Why use a web panel?
A web panel is essentially a hosting management tool. It allows you to do things like organize site files, manage installed applications, email and much more. Providers offer a panel to help their customers effectively manage their sites. Without such a dashboard, managing a web portal and server would be much more complicated and would require a lot of additional skills.
The great advantage of control panels is that they allow users to set up and manage complicated processes with the click of a button.
Some things that can be done simply with a click: install a CMS, generate a subdomain, install software on the server and much more. All this is just the tip of the iceberg of what a panel like cPanel or Plesk can do.
Common features of web panels
Regardless of which web panel you end up using, you will likely have access to a similar set of functions. Below we take a look at what these features are.
DNS is the acronym for domain name management system. Most web panels provide the tools you need to manage domains, connect them to an existing site, redirect domains, and much more.
File and database management
These features allow you to manage the files of your web space through the cPanel and Plesk panels. With the management via FTP it will be possible to access the single files of the site, in some cases directly from the panel, and to modify them as desired. The database management offers the same editing function for the tables and the data contained within it. It may not be necessary to use these features often, but they are essential to have full control of your site.
Having an email address associated with the domain name helps the site look professional. With the e-mail management functions you are able to set a specific e-mail address for the domain, send and receive e-mails and other operations related to messaging.
The backup of the web portal is incredibly important for the security of your data. it is a great way to help mitigate risks in case the site is hacked, or if there is a problem blocking the site. With a regular backup system, it is easy to restore a previous version of the site in case of need.
Installation of applications and software
Most control panels have various software and applications that can be installed with just one click. One of the most common uses is to allow you to install popular software like Joomla !, or WordPress, with the click of a button.
Why choose cPanel or Plesk
If it is true that web panels often offer similar functionalities, the solutions to offer a user interface to their customers are different and can be divided into two broad categories: providers who rely on services such as cPanel or Plesk, and those who instead use a customized panel with all the resulting risks.
The choice of a control panel developed by companies specialized in the service is a safety in terms of stability, support and potential. Products like the ones we are about to describe have years of experience behind them, large communities and many users who can guarantee that every problem is identified and solved in the shortest possible time.
These obvious benefits are not available on custom web panels or developed directly by service providers to save money. When it comes to the security and stability of your site, don’t take any chances.
it is one of the most popular panels and one of the most used, although only available for Linux servers. Its features include both an interface for the end user and one for managing the server via WHM. It is also possible to expand its functionality with additional packages.
cPanel is one of the most popular web panels available today. With its wide variety of features, intuitive interface and extensive customization options it has been designed to meet a broad spectrum of hosting needs.
Plesk is available for both Linux and Windows environments. it is one of the easiest to use control panels available for the Windows hosting environment. It offers a very clean user interface and multiple product options to suit different hosting environments. It also allows the management of access by the end user.
Its intuitive graphical interface is designed to eliminate the hard work of managing the host. It offers a suite of tools to improve the security of your site and the development environment in general. A variety of different automation tools are also available, so you can focus on your own websites and not on infrastructure maintenance.
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (15)
- Security (170)
- Web Hosting (15)
- App Developers Increasingly Targeted via Slack, DevOps Tools September 23, 2022Slack, Docker, Kubernetes, and other applications that allow developers to collaborate have become the latest vector for software supply chain attacks.
- Malicious Apps With Millions of Downloads Found in Apple App Store, Google Play September 23, 2022The ongoing ad fraud campaign can be traced back to 2019, but recently expanded into the iOS ecosystem, researchers say.
- CISA: Zoho ManageEngine RCE Bug Is Under Active Exploit September 23, 2022The bug allows unauthenticated code execution on the company's firewall products, and CISA says it poses "significant risk" to federal government.
- Cyberattackers Compromise Microsoft Exchange Servers via Malicious OAuth Apps September 23, 2022Cybercriminals took control of enterprise Exchange Servers to spread large amounts of spam aimed at signing people up for bogus subscriptions.
- How Europe Is Using Regulations to Harden Medical Devices Against Attack September 23, 2022Manufacturers need to document a medical device's intended use and operational environment, as well as plan for misuse, such as a cyberattack.
- Neglecting Open Source Developers Puts the Internet at Risk September 23, 2022From creating a software bill of materials for applications your company uses to supporting open source projects and maintainers, businesses need to step up their efforts to help reduce risks.
- Microsoft Looks to Enable Practical Zero-Trust Security With Windows 11 September 23, 2022With the update, Microsoft adds features to allow easier deployment of zero-trust capabilities. Considering the 1.3 billion global Windows users, the support could make a difference.
- Mitigating Risk and Communicating Value in Multicloud Environments September 23, 2022Protecting against risk is a shared responsibility that only gets more complex as you mix the different approaches of common cloud services.
- Researchers Uncover Mysterious 'Metador' Cyber-Espionage Group September 23, 2022Researchers from SentinelLabs laid out what they know about the attackers and implored the researcher community for help in learning more about the shadowy group.
- Developer Leaks LockBit 3.0 Ransomware-Builder Code September 22, 2022Code could allow other attackers to develop copycat versions of the malware, but it could help researchers understand the threat better as well.
- Backdoor.Win32.Hellza.120 / Authentication Bypass September 20, 2022Posted by malvuln on Sep 19Discovery / credits: Malvuln (John Page aka hyp3rlinx) (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/2cbd0fcf4d5fd5fb6c8014390efb0b21_B.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Hellza.120 Vulnerability: Authentication Bypass Description: The malware listens on TCP ports 12122, 21. Third-party adversarys who can reach infected systems can logon using any username/password combination....
- Backdoor.Win32.Hellza.120 / Unauthorized Remote Command Execution September 20, 2022Posted by malvuln on Sep 19Discovery / credits: Malvuln (John Page aka hyp3rlinx) (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/2cbd0fcf4d5fd5fb6c8014390efb0b21.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Hellza.120 Vulnerability: Unauthorized Remote Command Execution Description: The malware listens on TCP ports 12122, 21. Third-party adversarys who can reach infected systems can issue commands made available by the...
- Trojan.Ransom.Ryuk.A / Arbitrary Code Execution September 20, 2022Posted by malvuln on Sep 19Discovery / credits: Malvuln (John Page aka hyp3rlinx) (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/5ac0f050f93f86e69026faea1fbb4450.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan.Ransom.Ryuk.A Vulnerability: Arbitrary Code Execution Description: The ransomware looks for and executes DLLs in its current directory. Therefore, we can potentially hijack a vuln DLL execute our own code, […]
- Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Corty.10 / Insecure Credential Storage September 20, 2022Posted by malvuln on Sep 19Discovery / credits: Malvuln (John Page aka hyp3rlinx) (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/f72138e574743640bdcdb9f102dff0a5.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Corty.10 Vulnerability: Insecure Credential Storage Description: The malware stores its credentials in cleartext within the Windows registry. Family: Corty Type: PE32 MD5: f72138e574743640bdcdb9f102dff0a5 Vuln ID:...
- Re: over 2000 packages depend on abort()ing libgmp September 20, 2022Posted by Matthew Fernandez on Sep 19What is the security boundary being violated here? As a maintainer of some of the packages implicated here, I’m unsure what my actionable tasks are. The threat model(s) for my packages does not consider crashes to be a security violation. On the other side, things like crypto code frequently […]
- SEC Consult SA-20220915-0 :: Local Privilege Escalation im SAP® SAPControl Web Service Interface (sapuxuserchk) September 16, 2022Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on Sep 15SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20220915-0 > ======================================================================= title: Local privilege escalation product: SAP® SAPControl Web Service Interface (sapuxuserchk) vulnerable version: see section "Vulnerable / tested versions" fixed version: see SAP security note 3158619 CVE number: CVE-2022-29614...
- SEC Consult SA-20220914-0 :: Improper Access Control in SAP® SAProuter September 16, 2022Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on Sep 15SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20220914-0 > ======================================================================= title: Improper Access Control product: SAP® SAProuter vulnerable version: see section "Vulnerable / tested versions" fixed version: see SAP security note 3158375 CVE number: CVE-2022-27668 impact: high homepage:...
- over 2000 packages depend on abort()ing libgmp September 16, 2022Posted by Georgi Guninski on Sep 15ping world libgmp is library about big numbers. it is not a library for very big numbers, because if libgmp meets a very big number, it calls abort() and coredumps. 2442 packages depend on libgmp on ubuntu20. [email protected]:~/prim$ apt-cache rdepends libgmp10 | wc -l 2442 gawk crash: [email protected]:~/prim$ gawk […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-09-12-5 Safari 16 September 12, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Sep 12APPLE-SA-2022-09-12-5 Safari 16 Safari 16 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213442. Safari Extensions Available for: macOS Big Sur and macOS Monterey Impact: A website may be able to track users through Safari web extensions Description: A logic issue […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-09-12-4 macOS Monterey 12.6 September 12, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Sep 12APPLE-SA-2022-09-12-4 macOS Monterey 12.6 macOS Monterey 12.6 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213444. ATS Available for: macOS Monterey Impact: An app may be able to bypass Privacy preferences Description: A logic issue was addressed with improved state management. […]
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF