cPanel and Plesk the best for hosting management
Most hosting environments use an intuitive interface to help users manage their web spaces. Two very famous panels are cPanel and Plesk, widely used and offered in the SaaS formula. Without these graphical interfaces, it would be difficult to manage a hosting space and set up a site. A lot of time is usually spent managing a web space through a control panel, consequently, the choice of a provider should also be made based on the panel it offers, how user friendly it is and what features are immediately available.
Let’s see what are the generic advantages of a web panel and try to understand why the use of a product like Plesk is to be preferred.
Why use a web panel?
A web panel is essentially a hosting management tool. It allows you to do things like organize site files, manage installed applications, email and much more. Providers offer a panel to help their customers effectively manage their sites. Without such a dashboard, managing a web portal and server would be much more complicated and would require a lot of additional skills.
The great advantage of control panels is that they allow users to set up and manage complicated processes with the click of a button.
Some things that can be done simply with a click: install a CMS, generate a subdomain, install software on the server and much more. All this is just the tip of the iceberg of what a panel like cPanel or Plesk can do.
Common features of web panels
Regardless of which web panel you end up using, you will likely have access to a similar set of functions. Below we take a look at what these features are.
DNS is the acronym for domain name management system. Most web panels provide the tools you need to manage domains, connect them to an existing site, redirect domains, and much more.
File and database management
These features allow you to manage the files of your web space through the cPanel and Plesk panels. With the management via FTP it will be possible to access the single files of the site, in some cases directly from the panel, and to modify them as desired. The database management offers the same editing function for the tables and the data contained within it. It may not be necessary to use these features often, but they are essential to have full control of your site.
Having an email address associated with the domain name helps the site look professional. With the e-mail management functions you are able to set a specific e-mail address for the domain, send and receive e-mails and other operations related to messaging.
The backup of the web portal is incredibly important for the security of your data. it is a great way to help mitigate risks in case the site is hacked, or if there is a problem blocking the site. With a regular backup system, it is easy to restore a previous version of the site in case of need.
Installation of applications and software
Most control panels have various software and applications that can be installed with just one click. One of the most common uses is to allow you to install popular software like Joomla !, or WordPress, with the click of a button.
Why choose cPanel or Plesk
If it is true that web panels often offer similar functionalities, the solutions to offer a user interface to their customers are different and can be divided into two broad categories: providers who rely on services such as cPanel or Plesk, and those who instead use a customized panel with all the resulting risks.
The choice of a control panel developed by companies specialized in the service is a safety in terms of stability, support and potential. Products like the ones we are about to describe have years of experience behind them, large communities and many users who can guarantee that every problem is identified and solved in the shortest possible time.
These obvious benefits are not available on custom web panels or developed directly by service providers to save money. When it comes to the security and stability of your site, don’t take any chances.
it is one of the most popular panels and one of the most used, although only available for Linux servers. Its features include both an interface for the end user and one for managing the server via WHM. It is also possible to expand its functionality with additional packages.
cPanel is one of the most popular web panels available today. With its wide variety of features, intuitive interface and extensive customization options it has been designed to meet a broad spectrum of hosting needs.
Plesk is available for both Linux and Windows environments. it is one of the easiest to use control panels available for the Windows hosting environment. It offers a very clean user interface and multiple product options to suit different hosting environments. It also allows the management of access by the end user.
Its intuitive graphical interface is designed to eliminate the hard work of managing the host. It offers a suite of tools to improve the security of your site and the development environment in general. A variety of different automation tools are also available, so you can focus on your own websites and not on infrastructure maintenance.
- Secure Online Desktop 10 years later: our corporate anniversary
- Air-Fi: attacking computers that are disconnected and without network hardware is possible
- Examples of phishing: the latest campaigns mentioned by the CSIRT
- Event Overload? Our SOCaaS can help!
- Business email compromise (BEC) schemes
- XDR as an approach to security
- What is threat intelligence?
- Data Loss Prevention: definition and uses
- Backup as a Service (2)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (20)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (4)
- Log Management (2)
- News (18)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (6)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (11)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Don't Get Stymied by Security Indecision June 16, 2021You might be increasing cyber-risk by not actively working to reduce it.
- Thousands of VMware vCenter Servers Remain Open to Attack Over the Internet June 15, 2021Three weeks after company disclosed two critical vulnerabilities in the workload management utility, many organizations have not patched the technology yet, security vendor says.
- Microsoft Disrupts Large-Scale BEC Campaign Across Web Services June 15, 2021Attackers had used the cloud-based infrastructure to target mailboxes and add forwarding rules to learn about financial transactions.
- Security Experts Scrutinize Apple, Amazon IoT Networks June 15, 2021Both companies have done their due diligence in creating connected-device networks, but the pervasiveness of the devices worries some security researchers.
- Andariel Group Targets South Korean Entities in New Campaign June 15, 2021Andariel, designated as a sub-group of the Lazarus Group APT, has historically targeted South Korean organzations.
- Deloitte Buys Terbium Labs to Expand Threat Intel Capabilities June 15, 2021Terbium Labs' products and services will become part of Deloitte's Detect & Respond lineup, the company confirms.
- What Industrial Control System Vulnerabilities Can Teach Us About Protecting the Supply Chain June 15, 2021Older technologies used in industrial and critical infrastructure leave the sector highly vulnerable to attack, but organizations can take steps to better protect themselves.
- How President Biden Can Better Defend the US From Russian Hacks June 15, 2021Wilson Center cybersecurity expert Meg King pinpoints five ambitious steps the administration should take, including a comprehensive national data breach notification protocol.
- How Does the Government Buy Its Cybersecurity? June 15, 2021The federal government is emphasizing cybersecurity regulation, education, and defense strategies this year.
- VPN Attacks Surged in First Quarter June 14, 2021But volume of malware, botnet, and other exploit activity declined because of the Emotet botnet takedown.
- Backdoor.Win32.Zombam.gen / Information Disclosure June 15, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jun 15Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/ff6516c881dee555b0cd253408b64404_D.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Zombam.gen Vulnerability: Information Disclosure Description: Zombam malware listens on TCP port 80 and deploys an unsecured HTML Web UI for basic remote administration capability. Third-party attackers who can reach an infected...
- Backdoor.Win32.VB.pld / Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution June 15, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jun 15Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/6ff35087d789f7aca6c0e3396984894e_B.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.VB.pld Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution Description: The malware listens on TCP port 4000. Third-party attackers who can reach infected systems can connect to port 4000 and run commands made available […]
- Backdoor.Win32.VB.pld / Insecure Transit June 15, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jun 15Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/6ff35087d789f7aca6c0e3396984894e.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.VB.pld Vulnerability: Insecure Transit Description: The malware listens on TCP port 4000 and has a chat feature "Hnadle-X Pro V1.0 Text Chat". Messages are passed in unencrypted plaintext across the network. […]
- popo2, kernel/tun driver bufferoverflow. June 15, 2021Posted by KJ Jung on Jun 15Linux kernel 5.4 version. latest. __tun_chr_ioctl function of ~/drivers/net/tun.c has a stack buffer overflow vulnerability. it get's arg, ifreq_len, and copy the arg(argp) to ifr(ifreq struct) and this steps are no bounds-checking. if cmd == TUNSETIFF or TUNSETQUEUE or and so on condition then it's enter copy_from_user function area.
- Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0014: Missing authorization check in SAP Solution Manager LM-SERVICE Component SP 11 PL 2 June 14, 2021Posted by Onapsis Research via Fulldisclosure on Jun 14# Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0014: Missing authorization check in SAP Solution Manager LM-SERVICE Component SP 11 PL 2 ## Impact on Business Due to a missing authorization check in SAP Solution Manager LM-SERVICE component a remote authenticated attacker could be able to execute privileged actions in the […]
- Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0013: [CVE-2020-26829] - Missing Authentication Check In SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA P2P Cluster communication June 14, 2021Posted by Onapsis Research via Fulldisclosure on Jun 14# Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0013: [CVE-2020-26829] - Missing Authentication Check In SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA P2P Cluster communication ## Impact on Business A malicious unauthenticated user could abuse the lack of authentication check on SAP Java P2P cluster communication, in order to connect to the respective TCP […]
- Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0012: SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence lack of server side validations leads to RCE June 14, 2021Posted by Onapsis Research via Fulldisclosure on Jun 14# Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0012: SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence lack of server side validations leads to RCE ## Impact on Business By abusing a Code Injection in SAP MII, an authenticated user with SAP XMII Developer privileges could execute code (including OS commands) on the server. […]
- Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0011 Missing authorization check in SolMan End-User Experience Monitoring June 14, 2021Posted by Onapsis Research via Fulldisclosure on Jun 14# Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0011: Missing authorization check in SolMan End-User Experience Monitoring ## Impact on Business Any authenticated user of the Solution Manager is able to craft/upload and execute EEM scripts on the SMDAgents affecting its Integrity, Confidentiality and Availability. ## Advisory Information - Public Release […]
- Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0010: File exfiltration and DoS in SolMan End-User Experience Monitoring June 14, 2021Posted by Onapsis Research via Fulldisclosure on Jun 14# Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0010: File exfiltration and DoS in SolMan End-User Experience Monitoring ## Impact on Business The End-User Experience Monitoring (EEM) application, part of the SAP Solution Manager, is vulnerable to path traversal. As a consequence, an unauthorized attacker would be able to read sensitive […]
- Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0009: Hard-coded Credentials in CA Introscope Enterprise Manager June 14, 2021Posted by Onapsis Research via Fulldisclosure on Jun 14# Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0009: Hard-coded Credentials in CA Introscope Enterprise Manager ## Impact on Business Unauthenticated attackers can bypass the authentication if the default passwords for Admin and Guest have not been changed by the administrator. This may impact the confidentiality of the service. ## Advisory […]
Ten years ago, on June 16, 2011, Secure Online Desktop was born. Many things have changed in ten years and we have… https://t.co/DN23n6BK7q
Dieci anni fa, il 16 giugno del 2011, nasceva Secure Online Desktop. Sono cambiate moltissime cose in dieci anni e… https://t.co/H7TPlWJ5Pk
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes The term shoulder surfing might conjure up images of a little surfer on his… https://t.co/3poUTq9MUc
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes I ricercatori della sicurezza hanno appena digerito il protocollo HTTP/2, ma gl… https://t.co/XsFsgBTpia
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes Security researchers have just digested the HTTP / 2 protocol, but web innova… https://t.co/FBPWe1pBx5