Manage WordPress from the hosting panel
With Secure Online Desktop hosting plans, you have access to a convenient control panel. In addition to the collection of all information on the status of the server, the management of mailboxes and files, it is also possible to access a dedicated panel to manage WordPress in all its aspects. The section of the panel is called WordPress Toolkit and today we deepen it to understand when it is useful.
Manage WordPress from the hosting panel
WordPress is really widespread, so much so that 37% of all websites use this CMS. If we compare the numbers that concern only its competitors, such as Joomla !, Drupal or Wix (to name a few), then WordPress appears in 62% of web platforms that use a Content Management System. (Data from W3Techs.com)
WordPress is powerful, expandable, modular and flexible. It lends itself perfectly to build blogs, ecommerce, company sites and even forums, with the appropriate plugins. For its wide diffusion, the hosting control panel offers a special section to manage WordPress.
Install and manage a WordPress site
Once you have accessed the control panel, just go to the WordPress toolkit section and click on the install button. A screen will appear asking for more information for the installation.
The installation options include: installation path (different instances of WordPress can be installed on different paths), site name, theme to be installed (or plug-in packages), the language of the site and even the version of WordPress. Other options concern the administrator username and password, the database and automatic updates.
Really interesting is the possibility of installing package sets during WordPress installation. The choice includes three sets of plugins: essential, e-commerce and classic, with and without the addition of the Jetpack plugin.
Once installed, the management of the WordPress site is facilitated by being able to install, enable and disable plugins and themes on the site. Being able to do this without accessing the site backend helps to manage all the portal functions even more immediately.
It is in fact possible to update everything with a simple click, simply by pressing the updates button and then giving confirmation.
Once the site is installed, by clicking on security, you access a list of site security options. Security measures such as changing the default name of the administrator user and the prefix of the database tables are automatically recommended and enabled, but it is possible to operate options such as protecting files from the WordPress dashboard, excluding pingback and protection from bot.
Everything is easily selectable from a list of items and then, by clicking on Secure, the measures are put into practice.
SEO WordPress from the hosting panel
Installing, managing and securing our WordPress site are just some of the advantages that the SOD hosting control panel offers. A really interesting feature is that offered by the SEO toolkit panel.
By accessing this section of the hosting service dashboard, you access the valuable SEO information relating to the domain we are managing. It is possible to check which keywords are used on the site and the positioning of the domain in the search results.
By clicking on details, in the site audit section, you can view in detail the various factors that make up the SEO score of the site.
Importance of SEO
Most of the common SEO techniques are geared towards obtaining well-organized web pages full of interesting content for users who visit the pages. Research carried out in April 2020 shows how some of the most popular techniques have an effective impact on positioning.
Positioning in search results depends on many factors. Some depend on the quantity and density of the keywords in a text, the correctness of the content, the number of outgoing and incoming links, how the titles and other factors of this kind are written.
SEO and WordPress from the SOD hosting panel
The SOD hosting control panel provides SEO analysis and tips for the installed site. The SEO techniques to be applied to have a good positioning are deduced by analyzing the search results and checking the Google release notes regarding its indexing algorithm. SEO is therefore very important, but at the same time linked to many factors and details of a certain page or article, as we have seen before.
In the Site Audit section, under SEO toolkit, in the hosting management panel, you can find a list of possible problems and their relevance for the SEO of the domain.
The possible problems are divided into three areas: content, SEO and technology. Each entry provides a number of instances of detecting the problem on the site. By clicking on the item, information is provided on what to do and not to do regarding the topic, as well as the pages on which it was found, to correct it.
Being able to rely on a tool that analyzes and verifies SEO on your site is not at all obvious. Most of the time it would be necessary to rely on special plugins for the analysis of your site, but thanks to the functionality offered by our hosting control panel, the analysis is already available.
To manage a wordpress site you need patience and a good knowledge of the product. Thanks to the functionality of the SOD hosting panel, it is possible to simplify the process by centralizing the management of plugins and themes, as well as the analysis and verification of SEO techniques, in a single and convenient control panel.
You can try these features by accessing a panel demo. You can test firsthand how simple it is to have everything under control and manage your WordPress site more efficiently.
CloudFlare free Plesk Webhosting users
Let’s Encrypt free certificates for all Webhosting users
Server hosting for SOD web site
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Acronis Cloud Backup (11)
- Veeam Cloud Connect (4)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (170)
- Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) (6)
- Ethical Phishing (8)
- Penetration Test (5)
- SOCaaS (55)
- Vulnerabilities (84)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Yet Another Toyota Cloud Data Breach Jeopardizes Thousands of Customers May 31, 2023The newly found misconfigured cloud services are discovered just two weeks after an initial data breach affecting millions came to light.
- Can Cloud Services Encourage Better Login Security? Netflix's Accidental Model May 31, 2023Netflix's unpopular password-sharing policy change had a positive cybersecurity silver lining. Can more B2C service providers nudge their users toward secure authentication?
- MacOS 'Migraine' Bug: Big Headache for Device System Integrity May 31, 2023Microsoft says the vulnerability could allow cyberattackers with root access to bypass security protections and install malware.
- Ways to Help Cybersecurity's Essential Workers Avoid Burnout May 31, 2023To support and retain the people who protect assets against bad actors, organizations should create a more defensible environment.
- What Apple's RSRs Reveal About Mac Patch Management May 31, 2023Apple's Rapid Security Response updates are designed to patch critical security vulnerabilities, but how much good can they do when patching is a weeks-long process?
- Investment May Be Down, but Cybersecurity Remains a Hot Sector May 31, 2023There's still a great deal of capital available for innovative companies helping businesses secure their IT environments.
- Checkmarx Announces GenAI-powered AppSec Platform, Empowering Developers and AppSec Teams to Find and Fix Vulnerabilities Faster May 31, 2023Powered by GPT-4, innovative new AI-driven capabilities lower application security (AppSec) risk and help security teams "shift everywhere" with speed and accuracy.
- New eID Scheme Gives EU Citizens Easy Access to Public Services Online May 31, 2023The European Commission voted a new electronic identification scheme that creates new opportunities for EU citizens and businesses.
- Mirai Variant Opens Tenda, Zyxel Gear to RCE, DDoS May 31, 2023Researchers have observed several cyberattacks leveraging a botnet called IZ1H9, which exploits vulnerabilities in exposed devices and servers running on Linux.
- Focus Security Efforts on Choke Points, Not Visibility May 31, 2023By finding the places where attack paths converge, you can slash multiple exposures in one fix for more efficient remediation.
- CVE-2022-48336 - Buffer Overflow in Widevine Trustlet (PRDiagParseAndStoreData @ 0x5cc8) May 30, 2023Posted by Cyber Intel Security on May 301. INFORMATION -------------- [+] CVE : CVE-2022-48336 [+] Title : Buffer Overflow in Widevine Trustlet (PRDiagParseAndStoreData @ 0x5cc8) [+] Vendor : Google [+] Device : Nexus 6 [+] Affected component : Widevine [+] Publication date : March 2023 [+] Credits : CyberIntel Team 2. AFFECTED VERSIONS -------------------- 5.0.0 […]
- CVE-2022-48335 - Buffer Overflow in Widevine Trustlet (PRDiagVerifyProvisioning @ 0x5f90) May 30, 2023Posted by Cyber Intel Security on May 301. INFORMATION -------------- [+] CVE : CVE-2022-48335 [+] Title : Buffer Overflow in Widevine Trustlet (PRDiagVerifyProvisioning @ 0x5f90) [+] Vendor : Google [+] Device : Nexus 6 [+] Affected component : Widevine [+] Publication date : March 2023 [+] Credits : CyberIntel Team 2. AFFECTED VERSIONS -------------------- 5.0.0 […]
- CVE-2022-48334 - Buffer Overflow in Widevine Trustlet (drm_verify_keys @ 0x7370) May 30, 2023Posted by Cyber Intel Security on May 301. INFORMATION -------------- [+] CVE : CVE-2022-48334 [+] Title : Buffer Overflow in Widevine Trustlet (drm_verify_keys @ 0x7370) [+] Vendor : Google [+] Device : Nexus 6 [+] Affected component : Widevine [+] Publication date : March 2023 [+] Credits : CyberIntel Team 2. AFFECTED VERSIONS -------------------- 5.0.0 […]
- CVE-2022-48333 - Buffer Overflow in Widevine Trustlet (drm_verify_keys @ 0x730c) May 30, 2023Posted by Cyber Intel Security on May 301. INFORMATION -------------- [+] CVE : CVE-2022-48333 [+] Title : Buffer Overflow in Widevine Trustlet (drm_verify_keys @ 0x730c) [+] Vendor : Google [+] Device : Nexus 6 [+] Affected component : Widevine [+] Publication date : March 2023 [+] Credits : CyberIntel Team 2. AFFECTED VERSIONS -------------------- 5.0.0 […]
- CVE-2022-48332 - Buffer Overflow in Widevine Trustlet (drm_save_keys @ 0x6a18) May 30, 2023Posted by Cyber Intel Security on May 301. INFORMATION -------------- [+] CVE : CVE-2022-48332 [+] Title : Buffer Overflow in Widevine Trustlet (drm_save_keys @ 0x6a18) [+] Vendor : Google [+] Device : Nexus 6 [+] Affected component : Widevine [+] Publication date : March 2023 [+] Credits : CyberIntel Team 2. AFFECTED VERSIONS -------------------- 5.0.0 […]
- CVE-2022-48331 - Buffer Overflow in Widevine Trustlet (drm_save_keys @ 0x69b0) May 30, 2023Posted by Cyber Intel Security on May 301. INFORMATION -------------- [+] CVE : CVE-2022-48331 [+] Title : Buffer Overflow in Widevine Trustlet (drm_save_keys @ 0x69b0) [+] Vendor : Google [+] Device : Nexus 6 [+] Affected component : Widevine [+] Publication date : March 2023 [+] Credits : CyberIntel Team 2. AFFECTED VERSIONS -------------------- 5.0.0 […]
- SCHUTZWERK-SA-2022-001: Cross-Site-Scripting in Papaya Medical Viewer May 30, 2023Posted by Lennert Preuth via Fulldisclosure on May 30Title ===== SCHUTZWERK-SA-2022-001: Cross-Site-Scripting in Papaya Medical Viewer Status ====== PUBLISHED Version ======= 1.0 CVE reference ============= CVE-2023-33255 Link ==== https://www.schutzwerk.com/advisories/SCHUTZWERK-SA-2022-001/ Text-only version: https://www.schutzwerk.com/advisories/SCHUTZWERK-SA-2022-001.txt Further SCHUTZWERK advisories: https://www.schutzwerk.com/blog/tags/advisories/ Affected products/vendor...
- [RT-SA-2023-005] Pydio Cells: Server-Side Request Forgery May 30, 2023Posted by RedTeam Pentesting GmbH on May 30For longer running processes, Pydio Cells allows for the creation of jobs, which are run in the background. The job "remote-download" can be used to cause the backend to send a HTTP GET request to a specified URL and save the response to a new file. The response […]
- [RT-SA-2023-003] Pydio Cells: Unauthorised Role Assignments May 30, 2023Posted by RedTeam Pentesting GmbH on May 30Advisory: Pydio Cells: Unauthorised Role Assignments Pydio Cells allows users by default to create so-called external users in order to share files with them. By modifying the HTTP request sent when creating such an external user, it is possible to assign the new user arbitrary roles. By assigning […]
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF
Copyright © 2011 Secure Online Desktop s.r.l. All Rights Reserved.