Manage WordPress from the hosting panel
With Secure Online Desktop hosting plans, you have access to a convenient control panel. In addition to the collection of all information on the status of the server, the management of mailboxes and files, it is also possible to access a dedicated panel to manage WordPress in all its aspects. The section of the panel is called WordPress Toolkit and today we deepen it to understand when it is useful.
Manage WordPress from the hosting panel
WordPress is really widespread, so much so that 37% of all websites use this CMS. If we compare the numbers that concern only its competitors, such as Joomla !, Drupal or Wix (to name a few), then WordPress appears in 62% of web platforms that use a Content Management System. (Data from W3Techs.com)
WordPress is powerful, expandable, modular and flexible. It lends itself perfectly to build blogs, ecommerce, company sites and even forums, with the appropriate plugins. For its wide diffusion, the hosting control panel offers a special section to manage WordPress.
Install and manage a WordPress site
Once you have accessed the control panel, just go to the WordPress toolkit section and click on the install button. A screen will appear asking for more information for the installation.
The installation options include: installation path (different instances of WordPress can be installed on different paths), site name, theme to be installed (or plug-in packages), the language of the site and even the version of WordPress. Other options concern the administrator username and password, the database and automatic updates.
Really interesting is the possibility of installing package sets during WordPress installation. The choice includes three sets of plugins: essential, e-commerce and classic, with and without the addition of the Jetpack plugin.
Once installed, the management of the WordPress site is facilitated by being able to install, enable and disable plugins and themes on the site. Being able to do this without accessing the site backend helps to manage all the portal functions even more immediately.
It is in fact possible to update everything with a simple click, simply by pressing the updates button and then giving confirmation.
Once the site is installed, by clicking on security, you access a list of site security options. Security measures such as changing the default name of the administrator user and the prefix of the database tables are automatically recommended and enabled, but it is possible to operate options such as protecting files from the WordPress dashboard, excluding pingback and protection from bot.
Everything is easily selectable from a list of items and then, by clicking on Secure, the measures are put into practice.
SEO WordPress from the hosting panel
Installing, managing and securing our WordPress site are just some of the advantages that the SOD hosting control panel offers. A really interesting feature is that offered by the SEO toolkit panel.
By accessing this section of the hosting service dashboard, you access the valuable SEO information relating to the domain we are managing. It is possible to check which keywords are used on the site and the positioning of the domain in the search results.
By clicking on details, in the site audit section, you can view in detail the various factors that make up the SEO score of the site.
Importance of SEO
Most of the common SEO techniques are geared towards obtaining well-organized web pages full of interesting content for users who visit the pages. Research carried out in April 2020 shows how some of the most popular techniques have an effective impact on positioning.
Positioning in search results depends on many factors. Some depend on the quantity and density of the keywords in a text, the correctness of the content, the number of outgoing and incoming links, how the titles and other factors of this kind are written.
SEO and WordPress from the SOD hosting panel
The SOD hosting control panel provides SEO analysis and tips for the installed site. The SEO techniques to be applied to have a good positioning are deduced by analyzing the search results and checking the Google release notes regarding its indexing algorithm. SEO is therefore very important, but at the same time linked to many factors and details of a certain page or article, as we have seen before.
In the Site Audit section, under SEO toolkit, in the hosting management panel, you can find a list of possible problems and their relevance for the SEO of the domain.
The possible problems are divided into three areas: content, SEO and technology. Each entry provides a number of instances of detecting the problem on the site. By clicking on the item, information is provided on what to do and not to do regarding the topic, as well as the pages on which it was found, to correct it.
Being able to rely on a tool that analyzes and verifies SEO on your site is not at all obvious. Most of the time it would be necessary to rely on special plugins for the analysis of your site, but thanks to the functionality offered by our hosting control panel, the analysis is already available.
To manage a wordpress site you need patience and a good knowledge of the product. Thanks to the functionality of the SOD hosting panel, it is possible to simplify the process by centralizing the management of plugins and themes, as well as the analysis and verification of SEO techniques, in a single and convenient control panel.
You can try these features by accessing a panel demo. You can test firsthand how simple it is to have everything under control and manage your WordPress site more efficiently.
- Prevent shoulder surfing and theft of corporate credentials
- HTTP / 3, everything you need to know about the latest version protocol
- Machine learning and cybersecurity: UEBA applications and security
- Logic Bomb: what they are and how to prevent them
- Pass the hash: how to gain access without password
- Ransomware and NAS: a risk that is not considered
- SIEM monitoring: best practices
- Cyber Threat Hunting: on the hunt for security threats
- Backup as a Service (2)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (20)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (4)
- Log Management (2)
- News (17)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (6)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (9)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Software Developer Arrested in Computer Sabotage Case April 15, 2021Officials say Davis Lu placed malicious code on servers in a denial-of-service attack on his employer.
- Google Brings 37 Security Fixes to Chrome 90 April 15, 2021The latest version of Google Chrome also introduces HTTPS as the browser's default protocol.
- US Formally Attributes SolarWinds Attack to Russian Intelligence Agency April 15, 2021Treasury Department slaps sanctions on IT security firms that it says supported Russia's Foreign Intelligence Service carry out the attacks.
- Pandemic Pushes Bot Operators to Redirect Efforts April 15, 2021As demand for travel, lodging, and concerts plummeted in 2020, bot traffic moved to more popular activities, such as e-commerce, healthcare, and government sites.
- 6 Tips for Managing Operational Risk in a Downturn April 15, 2021Many organizations adjust their risk appetite in an economic downturn, as risk is expanded to include supplier and customer insolvency, not to mention cash-flow changes.
- How to Create an Incident Response Plan From the Ground Up April 15, 2021Security 101: In the wake of an incident, it's important to cover all your bases -- and treat your IR plan as a constantly evolving work in progress.
- Nation-State Attacks Force a New Paradigm: Patching as Incident Response April 15, 2021IT no longer has the luxury of thoroughly testing critical vulnerability patches before rolling them out.
- Malicious PowerShell Use, Attacks on Office 365 Accounts Surged in Q4 April 15, 2021There was also a sharp increase in overall malware volumes in the fourth quarter of 2020, COVID-19 related attack activity, and mobile malware, new data shows.
- Thycotic & Centrify Merge to Form Cloud Identity Security Firm April 14, 2021The combined entity will expand on both companies' privileged access management tools and expects to debut a new brand this year.
- CISA Urges Caution for Security Researchers Targeted in Attack Campaign April 14, 2021The agency urges researchers to take precautions amid an ongoing targeted threat campaign.
- SEC Consult SA-20210414-0 :: Reflected cross-site scripting in Microsoft Azure DevOps Server April 14, 2021Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab on Apr 14SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20210414-0 > ======================================================================= title: Reflected cross-site scripting product: Microsoft Azure DevOps Server vulnerable version: 2020.0.1 fixed version: 2020.0.1 Patch 2 CVE number: CVE-2021-28459 impact: medium homepage:...
- CFP ZeroNights 2021 April 10, 2021Posted by CFP ZeroNights on Apr 09ZeroNights 2021 CFP is OPEN: Offensive and defensive research (15/30/45min). Submit your talk! # About conference Place: Saint-Petersburg, Russia Date: 30 June Timeslots: 15/30/45 min Site: https://zeronights.org # CFP Timeline CFP start: 1 March CFP end: 15 May CFP page: https://01x.cfp.zeronights.ru/zn2021/ # Conditions: A speaker may deliver either a […]
- Backdoor.Win32.Small.n / Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution (SYSTEM) April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/fb24c3509180f463c9deaf2ee6705062.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Small.n Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution (SYSTEM) Description: The backdoor malware listens on TCP Port 1337, upon successful connection we get handed a remote shell from the infected host with SYSTEM...
- [SYSS-2020-032] Open Redirect in Tableau Server (CVE-2021-1629) April 8, 2021Posted by Vladimir Bostanov on Apr 08Advisory ID: SYSS-2020-032 Product: Tableau Server Manufacturer: Tableau Software, LLC, a Salesforce Company Affected Version(s): 2019.4-2019.4.17, 2020.1-2020.1.13, 2020.2-2020.2.10, 2020.3-2020.3.6, 2020.4-2020.4.2 Tested Version(s): 2020.2.1 (20202.20.0525.1210) 64-bit Windows Vulnerability Type: URL Redirection to Untrusted Site (CWE-601) Risk Level: Medium Solution Status: Fixed Manufacturer Notification: 2020-07-29 Solution Date:...
- Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.das / Unauthenticated Open Proxy April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/7afe56286039faf56d4184c476683340.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.das Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Open Proxy Description: The malware drops an hidden executable named "winserv.com" under Windows dir, which accepts TCP connections on port 8080. Afterwards, it connects to a...
- Trojan.Win32.Hotkeychick.d / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/aff493ed1f98ed05c360b462192d2853.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan.Win32.Hotkeychick.d Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: creates an insecure dir named "Sniperscan" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can rename the...
- Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.qiw / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/5cddc4647fb1c59f5dc7f414ada7fad4.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.qiw Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: Genome.qiw creates an insecure dir named "tmp" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can...
- Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.omht / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/01055838361f534ab596b56a19c70fef.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.omht Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: Genome.omht creates an insecure dir named "wjmd97" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can...
- Trojan.Win32.Hosts2.yqf / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/274a6e846c5a4a2b3281198556e5568b.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan.Win32.Hosts2.yqf Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: Hosts2.yqf creates an insecure dir named "mlekaocYUmaae" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can...
- usd20210005: Privileged File Write in Check Point Identity Agent < R81.018.0000 April 8, 2021Posted by Responsible Disclosure via Fulldisclosure on Apr 08### Advisory: Privileged File Write Description =========== The Check Point Identity Agent allows low privileged users to write files to protected locations of the file system. Details ======= Advisory ID: usd-2021-0005 Product: Check Point Identity Agent Affected Version: < R81.018.0000 Vulnerability Type: Symlink Vulnerability Security Risk: High […]
ICON_PLACEHOLDEREstimated reading time: 6 minutes Dal nulla, qualcuno risponde a una conversazione email datata m… https://t.co/NSU5rxuh4s
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes La minaccia di un attacco DDoS su larga scala è sufficiente per convincere le o… https://t.co/qxhGVKI7HQ
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Is the threat of a large-scale DDoS attack enough to convince organizations to… https://t.co/sqrHurgPdr
ICON_PLACEHOLDEREstimated reading time: 6 minutes Out of nowhere, someone replies to an email conversation dated… https://t.co/kXIx3FPWfm
L'hacking etico e la salvaguardia del patrimonio aziendale https://t.co/SLncmaZ1ci