Modern Data Protection: The Difference is in the Cloud
Modern Data Protection
How to Completely Safeguard Businesses – with Ease
Simplify is often a valuable mantra of success. Yet in a complex and ever-evolving IT environment, it isn’t necessarily the go-to approach for service providers. In the case of data protection, simplification may not only seem unlikely, but potentially unwise. Fortunately, certain innovative cloud technologies now make it simple for companies to scale their infrastructure and defend that growth with efficient backup and recovery solutions.
Human error is as damaging as ever and natural threats such as fire and flood still persist. Meanwhile, cyber threats are growing in number and complexity. Whatever the cause might be, if the lights go out for even an hour, companies are at risk.
43% of ransomware
attacks are aimed at SMBs (1)
$8,58 1per hour
is the average cost of downtime (2)
(1) Small Business Trends (2) The Aberdeen Group
The best defenses are usually based on a layered data protection strategy. First, you start with standard approaches, like passwords and encryption, traditional anti-virus protection and mobile wipe.
Then you secure everything, from emails and endpoints to servers, with a backup solution that actively protects against ransomware – so even customer backups are safe.
Secure cloud backup provides the last line of defense by protecting a business’ bottom line. Following the 3-2-1 rule of backup (creating three copies of your data, on two types of storage, with one located off-site) keeps your files safe and avoids the worst-case scenario – bankruptcy – should a disaster strike and destroy your local copies.
With the emergence of the cloud, today there are even more solutions available to enhance business productivity. While that means you also have more systems and data to protect, it doesn’t need to be a problem. When it comes to data protection, the cloud can streamline and strengthen defenses without crippling your customer’s budget.
With the right backup solution, it’s easy to ensure complete data protection – including protecting virtual and mobile systems – so you no longer need to independently monitor and secure data across multiple environments. Modern solutions also let you:
1. Support more customers with centralized backup and recovery management
2. Experience unprecedented flexibility to choose any solution for any customer need
3. Protect all data seamlessly and remotely, in any location and any environment
4. Rest easy knowing the entire infrastructure, across multiple business locations, remains secure
The cloud can offer a complete defense that scales as your customers’ businesses do. Just add-on cloud-based disaster recovery services and you can have businesses running again instantly. It’s that simple.
Modern Data Protection
- Network Traffic Analyzer: an extra gear for the Next Gen SIEM
- The importance of Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Red Team, Blue Team and Purple Team: what are the differences?
- Magecart attack: what it is and how to protect yourself
- 9 reasons why you should consider using a VPN
- The latest PDF phishing trends of 2020
- Predictive cybersecurity with our SOCaaS
- Secure Online Desktop 10 years later: our corporate anniversary
- Backup as a Service (2)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (20)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (4)
- Log Management (2)
- News (18)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (13)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Biden Administration Responds to Geopolitical Cyber Threats July 23, 2021In response to growing concerns regarding the recent uptick in large-scale, nation-state-backed ransomware attacks on critical infrastructure, the Biden administration is taking new action to tackle the evolving challenges posed by ransomware attacks.
- 7 Hot Cyber Threat Trends to Expect at Black Hat July 22, 2021A sneak peek of some of the main themes at Black Hat USA next month.
- Law Firm for Ford, Pfizer, Exxon Discloses Ransomware Attack July 19, 2021Campbell Conroy & O'Neil reports the attack affected personal data including Social Security numbers, passport numbers, and payment card data for some individuals.
- US Accuses China of Using Criminal Hackers in Cyber Espionage Operations July 19, 2021DOJ indicts four Chinese individuals for alleged role in attacks targeting intellectual property, trade secrets belonging to defense contractors, maritime companies, aircraft service firms, and others.
- How Gaming Attack Data Aids Defenders Across Industries July 19, 2021Web application attacks against the video game industry quadrupled in 2020 compared to the previous year, but companies outside entertainment can learn from the data.
- NSO Group Spyware Used On Journalists & Activists Worldwide July 19, 2021An investigation finds Pegasus spyware, intended for use on criminals and terrorists, has been used in targeted campaigns against others around the world.
- When Ransomware Comes to (Your) Town July 19, 2021While steps for defending against a ransomware attack vary based on the size of the government entity and the resources available to each one, rooting out ransomware ultimately will come down to two things: system architecture and partnerships.
- Breaking Down the Threat of Going All-In With Microsoft Security July 19, 2021Limit risk by dividing responsibility for infrastructure, tools, and security.
- 7 Ways AI and ML Are Helping and Hurting Cybersecurity July 19, 2021In the right hands, artificial intelligence and machine learning can enrich our cyber defenses. In the wrong hands, they can create significant harm.
- Researchers Create New Approach to Detect Brand Impersonation July 16, 2021A team of Microsoft researchers developed and trained a Siamese Neural Network to detect brand impersonation attacks.
- APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-7 Safari 14.1.2 July 23, 2021Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-7 Safari 14.1.2 Safari 14.1.2 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT212606. WebKit Available for: macOS Catalina and macOS Mojave Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution Description: A type confusion issue was addressed […]
- APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-6 tvOS 14.7 July 23, 2021Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-6 tvOS 14.7 tvOS 14.7 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT212604. Audio Available for: Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD Impact: A local attacker may be able to cause unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution Description: […]
- APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-5 watchOS 7.6 July 23, 2021Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-5 watchOS 7.6 watchOS 7.6 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT212605. ActionKit Available for: Apple Watch Series 3 and later Impact: A shortcut may be able to bypass Internet permission requirements Description: An input validation issue was addressed […]
- APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-4 Security Update 2021-005 Mojave July 23, 2021Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-4 Security Update 2021-005 Mojave Security Update 2021-005 Mojave addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT212603. AMD Kernel Available for: macOS Mojave Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A memory corruption […]
- APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-3 Security Update 2021-004 Catalina July 23, 2021Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-3 Security Update 2021-004 Catalina Security Update 2021-004 Catalina addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT212600. AMD Kernel Available for: macOS Catalina Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A memory corruption […]
- APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-2 macOS Big Sur 11.5 July 23, 2021Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-2 macOS Big Sur 11.5 macOS Big Sur 11.5 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT212602. AMD Kernel Available for: macOS Big Sur Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A memory […]
- APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-1 iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 July 23, 2021Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23APPLE-SA-2021-07-21-1 iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT212601. iOS 14.7 released July 19, 2021; iPadOS 14.7 released July 21, 2021 ActionKit Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Pro […]
- ipython3 may execute code from the current working directory July 23, 2021Posted by Georgi Guninski on Jul 23Summary: under certain circumstances, ipython3 may execute code from the current working directory. This might be a problem if the current working directory is not trusted. python3 is safe. Tested on ubuntu 20. The following session illustrates it: [email protected]:~/tests/dir2$ pwd /home/joro/tests/dir2 [email protected]:~/tests/dir2$ ipython3 --version 7.13.0 [email protected]:~/tests/dir2$ ls ~/tests/dir1 a.py […]
- Cross-site Scripting vulnerability in Ampache 4.4.2 July 23, 2021Posted by Daniel Bishtawi via Fulldisclosure on Jul 23Hello, We are informing you about a Cross-site Scripting vulnerability in Ampache 4.4.2. Information -------------------- Advisory by Netsparker Name: Cross-site Scripting vulnerability in Ampache 4.4.2 Affected Software: Ampache Affected Versions: 4.4.2 Homepage: http://ampache.org/ Vulnerability: Cross-Site Scripting Severity: High Status: Fixed CVSS Score (3.0): 7.4 (High) Netsparker Advisory […]
- CFP for Hardwear.io Netherlands 2021 July 23, 2021Posted by Andrea Simonca on Jul 23Hardwear.io Security Trainings and Conference Netherlands 2021 28-29 October 2021, NH Hotel Den Haag, The Netherlands https://hardwear.io/netherlands-2021/ It is a pleasure to invite you to bring forward your cutting-edge research at Hardwear.io Netherlands 2021: Important Dates Deadline for submission: 20 August 2021 Notification of acceptance: 3 September 2021 Security […]
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Ogni giorno sentiamo parlare di qualche nuova minaccia o vulnerabilità in ambi… https://t.co/nlHWBfE6QU
Tempo di lettura stimato: 9 minuti Agile working and smart working are now a daily reality for many workers. W… https://t.co/FXpigfCLJ8
Tempo di lettura stimato: 9 minuti Ormai, lavoro agile e smart working sono una realtà quotidiana per molti lavor… https://t.co/AVUdOnRQB7
Tempo di lettura stimato: 9 minuti Nel periodo 2019-2020 si è notato un drammatico aumento del 1160% dei file PDF… https://t.co/78xe9tC59h
Tempo di lettura stimato: 9 minuti There was a dramatic 1160% increase in malicious PDF files in 2019-2020. It… https://t.co/kB9TNUmDfE