Protecting a site in WordPress: security package
Whether it’s WordPress or not, your website is potentially vulnerable to attack. Recent reports have shown that Google blacklists thousands of websites containing malware and phishing attacks every week. Considering how serious the potential security breaches can be for your business, we hope this article informs you why you should always protect your WordPress site.
Is protecting a WordPress site that important?
There are many small business owners who think their site is not in danger because they don’t consider their business big enough to be threatened by hackers. In fact, since you can still make money selling personal information, hackers usually don’t care how big or small a company is. Since you never know when or how your company will be attacked, it is essential to protect your site and take all possible security measures to protect your WordPress site.
It is not difficult to imagine that a company’s reputation is seriously damaged due to a hacked website. Hackers commonly install malicious software or viruses to extract data in the background. Ultimately, this can lead to a loss of trust in your company by customers, who will turn to a competitor.
When the site is attacked, the most immediate threats are the theft of customer information. As a result of the theft of customer information, the damage to your company’s reputation could also mean the loss of future income, not only in the short term, but also in the long term. This is because you will have to invest to rebuild your reputation and restore customer confidence.
How to protect your WordPress site from hackers
There are some precautions you can take to proactively defend yourself. It should be noted, however, that sometimes these are not enough, and the best thing is to have a service that constantly monitors everything that happens on the site. Not only accesses, but also actions performed on the site itself.
Always remember to use a strong password, although sometimes it can be difficult to manage a long list of different passwords, it is absolutely necessary to do so. To make sure you have a strong password, you can use a password generator. Also remember to change it every two or three months and not to write it on sheets of paper or documents that can be found by those who should not know the password.
Change your username
By default WordPress sets the admin username as “admin”. All hackers know this and it is the first username they will try to use when attacking a website. If you want to increase the security of the site, always customize your username.
Two-Factor Authentication: WordPress is compatible with various additional security features such as two-factor authentication, which requires the administrator’s mobile phone to log in and provides an additional layer of security.
Constantly update the website
One of the main reasons hackers manage to hack a WordPress site is because the software has become obsolete.Whenever the site sends a notice to update the software, it should be done as a priority. WordPress goes to great lengths to improve its security features and sends constant updates as proof of their work in defending your website from hackers and unwanted attacks.
Make regular backups of your website
Your car may have a lock, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t need to be insured against theft as well. Backups are like that insurance policy if your security fails. You should always have your backup data stored on an external device (such as a cloud storage). To have a safe and scheduled backup, you can use our WordPress Maintenance service, which also offers secure weekly backups that are always available in case of breach. While a backup is not the same as protecting your WordPress site from threats, it will help restore the site as quickly as possible in case of tampering.
What else can you do
Hackers can attack multiple sites at the same time, at any time and for no reason. It doesn’t matter if you are a large financial services company or a small start-up that sells handmade gifts, you need to invest to secure your WordPress site.
The advice is to evaluate the use of a security service such as that offered by SOD. The advantages are numerous:
– We monitor the site to identify any downtime and take action
– We update WordPress for you to always have the most secure version possible
– Theme and plugin updates
– Weekly backups
– We offer assistance in using the site
– SEO consultancy for site performance
– We install a CDN to increase security and improve web page distribution
The company website is important, investing for its safety is essential for the image of the company. To receive further information, do not hesitate to contact us, we are available to answer any questions.
- HTTP / 3, everything you need to know about the latest version protocol
- Machine learning and cybersecurity: UEBA applications and security
- Logic Bomb: what they are and how to prevent them
- Pass the hash: how to gain access without password
- Ransomware and NAS: a risk that is not considered
- SIEM monitoring: best practices
- Cyber Threat Hunting: on the hunt for security threats
- Ethical hacking: defending knowing how to attack
- Backup as a Service (2)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (20)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (4)
- Log Management (2)
- News (17)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (6)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (9)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Battle for the Endpoint April 9, 2021How to build a new cyber strategy for 2021 and beyond.
- CISA Launches New Threat Detection Dashboard April 9, 2021Aviary is a new dashboard that works with CISA's Sparrow threat detection tool.
- Unofficial Android App Store APKPure Infected With Malware April 9, 2021The APKPure app store was infected with malware that can download Trojans to other Android devices, researchers report.
- 8 Security & Privacy Apps to Share With Family and Friends April 9, 2021Mobile apps to recommend to the people in your life who want to improve their online security and privacy.
- Women Are Facing an Economic Crisis & the Cybersecurity Industry Can Help April 9, 2021Investing in women's cybersecurity careers can bring enormous benefits and help undo some of the significant economic damage wrought by the pandemic.
- Zoom Joins Microsoft Teams on List of Enterprise Tools Hacked at Pwn2Own April 8, 2021White-hat hacking event shows yet again why there's no such thing as foolproof security against modern attacks.
- 600K Payment Card Records Leaked After Swarmshop Breach April 8, 2021A leaked database also contains the nicknames, hashed passwords, contact details, and activity history of Swarmshop admins, sellers, and buyers.
- Handcuffs Over AI: Solving Security Challenges With Law Enforcement April 8, 2021We've tried everything else ... now it's time to make the prospect of getting caught -- and punished -- a real deterrent to cybercrime.
- SecOps and DevOps: From Cooperation to Automation April 7, 2021Omdia Principal Analyst Eric Parizo discusses the major obstacles SecOps organizations face as they seek to build ties with DevOps teams, and offers a programmatic approach to help create a path toward DevSecOps.
- CFP ZeroNights 2021 April 10, 2021Posted by CFP ZeroNights on Apr 09ZeroNights 2021 CFP is OPEN: Offensive and defensive research (15/30/45min). Submit your talk! # About conference Place: Saint-Petersburg, Russia Date: 30 June Timeslots: 15/30/45 min Site: https://zeronights.org # CFP Timeline CFP start: 1 March CFP end: 15 May CFP page: https://01x.cfp.zeronights.ru/zn2021/ # Conditions: A speaker may deliver either a […]
- Backdoor.Win32.Small.n / Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution (SYSTEM) April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/fb24c3509180f463c9deaf2ee6705062.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Small.n Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution (SYSTEM) Description: The backdoor malware listens on TCP Port 1337, upon successful connection we get handed a remote shell from the infected host with SYSTEM...
- [SYSS-2020-032] Open Redirect in Tableau Server (CVE-2021-1629) April 8, 2021Posted by Vladimir Bostanov on Apr 08Advisory ID: SYSS-2020-032 Product: Tableau Server Manufacturer: Tableau Software, LLC, a Salesforce Company Affected Version(s): 2019.4-2019.4.17, 2020.1-2020.1.13, 2020.2-2020.2.10, 2020.3-2020.3.6, 2020.4-2020.4.2 Tested Version(s): 2020.2.1 (20202.20.0525.1210) 64-bit Windows Vulnerability Type: URL Redirection to Untrusted Site (CWE-601) Risk Level: Medium Solution Status: Fixed Manufacturer Notification: 2020-07-29 Solution Date:...
- Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.das / Unauthenticated Open Proxy April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/7afe56286039faf56d4184c476683340.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.das Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Open Proxy Description: The malware drops an hidden executable named "winserv.com" under Windows dir, which accepts TCP connections on port 8080. Afterwards, it connects to a...
- Trojan.Win32.Hotkeychick.d / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/aff493ed1f98ed05c360b462192d2853.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan.Win32.Hotkeychick.d Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: creates an insecure dir named "Sniperscan" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can rename the...
- Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.qiw / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/5cddc4647fb1c59f5dc7f414ada7fad4.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.qiw Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: Genome.qiw creates an insecure dir named "tmp" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can...
- Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.omht / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/01055838361f534ab596b56a19c70fef.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.omht Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: Genome.omht creates an insecure dir named "wjmd97" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can...
- Trojan.Win32.Hosts2.yqf / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/274a6e846c5a4a2b3281198556e5568b.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan.Win32.Hosts2.yqf Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: Hosts2.yqf creates an insecure dir named "mlekaocYUmaae" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can...
- usd20210005: Privileged File Write in Check Point Identity Agent < R81.018.0000 April 8, 2021Posted by Responsible Disclosure via Fulldisclosure on Apr 08### Advisory: Privileged File Write Description =========== The Check Point Identity Agent allows low privileged users to write files to protected locations of the file system. Details ======= Advisory ID: usd-2021-0005 Product: Check Point Identity Agent Affected Version: < R81.018.0000 Vulnerability Type: Symlink Vulnerability Security Risk: High […]
- CVE-2021-26709 - Multiple Pre-Auth Stack Buffer Overflow in D-Link DSL-320B-D1 ADSL Modem April 8, 2021Posted by Gabriele Gristina on Apr 08Multiple Pre-Auth Stack Buffer Overflow in D-Link DSL-320B-D1 ADSL Modem ======== < Table of Contents > ========================================= 0. Overview 1. Details 2. Solution 3. Disclosure Timeline 4. Thanks & Acknowledgements 5. References 6. Credits 7. Legal Notices ======== < 0. Overview > =============================================== Release Date: 7 March 2021 Revision: […]
ICON_PLACEHOLDEREstimated reading time: 6 minutes Out of nowhere, someone replies to an email conversation dated… https://t.co/kXIx3FPWfm
L'hacking etico e la salvaguardia del patrimonio aziendale https://t.co/SLncmaZ1ci
ICON_PLACEHOLDERTempo di lettura: 5 minutes Le ransomware gang hanno preso di mira le aziende negli ultimi tempi,… https://t.co/3hF62deo6S
ICON_PLACEHOLDEREstimated reading time: 10 minutes Ingegneria sociale è il termine usato per una vasta gamma di a… https://t.co/gj1hMDdfjn
Enterprise e piccole aziende, l'importanza di un Next Generation SIEM https://t.co/qT4PxR13Li