Protecting a site in WordPress: security package
Whether it’s WordPress or not, your website is potentially vulnerable to attack. Recent reports have shown that Google blacklists thousands of websites containing malware and phishing attacks every week. Considering how serious the potential security breaches can be for your business, we hope this article informs you why you should always protect your WordPress site.
Is protecting a WordPress site that important?
There are many small business owners who think their site is not in danger because they don’t consider their business big enough to be threatened by hackers. In fact, since you can still make money selling personal information, hackers usually don’t care how big or small a company is. Since you never know when or how your company will be attacked, it is essential to protect your site and take all possible security measures to protect your WordPress site.
It is not difficult to imagine that a company’s reputation is seriously damaged due to a hacked website. Hackers commonly install malicious software or viruses to extract data in the background. Ultimately, this can lead to a loss of trust in your company by customers, who will turn to a competitor.
When the site is attacked, the most immediate threats are the theft of customer information. As a result of the theft of customer information, the damage to your company’s reputation could also mean the loss of future income, not only in the short term, but also in the long term. This is because you will have to invest to rebuild your reputation and restore customer confidence.
How to protect your WordPress site from hackers
There are some precautions you can take to proactively defend yourself. It should be noted, however, that sometimes these are not enough, and the best thing is to have a service that constantly monitors everything that happens on the site. Not only accesses, but also actions performed on the site itself.
Always remember to use a strong password, although sometimes it can be difficult to manage a long list of different passwords, it is absolutely necessary to do so. To make sure you have a strong password, you can use a password generator. Also remember to change it every two or three months and not to write it on sheets of paper or documents that can be found by those who should not know the password.
Change your username
By default WordPress sets the admin username as “admin”. All hackers know this and it is the first username they will try to use when attacking a website. If you want to increase the security of the site, always customize your username.
Two-Factor Authentication: WordPress is compatible with various additional security features such as two-factor authentication, which requires the administrator’s mobile phone to log in and provides an additional layer of security.
Constantly update the website
One of the main reasons hackers manage to hack a WordPress site is because the software has become obsolete.Whenever the site sends a notice to update the software, it should be done as a priority. WordPress goes to great lengths to improve its security features and sends constant updates as proof of their work in defending your website from hackers and unwanted attacks.
Make regular backups of your website
Your car may have a lock, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t need to be insured against theft as well. Backups are like that insurance policy if your security fails. You should always have your backup data stored on an external device (such as a cloud storage). To have a safe and scheduled backup, you can use our WordPress Maintenance service, which also offers secure weekly backups that are always available in case of breach. While a backup is not the same as protecting your WordPress site from threats, it will help restore the site as quickly as possible in case of tampering.
What else can you do
Hackers can attack multiple sites at the same time, at any time and for no reason. It doesn’t matter if you are a large financial services company or a small start-up that sells handmade gifts, you need to invest to secure your WordPress site.
The advice is to evaluate the use of a security service such as that offered by SOD. The advantages are numerous:
– We monitor the site to identify any downtime and take action
– We update WordPress for you to always have the most secure version possible
– Theme and plugin updates
– Weekly backups
– We offer assistance in using the site
– SEO consultancy for site performance
– We install a CDN to increase security and improve web page distribution
The company website is important, investing for its safety is essential for the image of the company. To receive further information, do not hesitate to contact us, we are available to answer any questions.
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (15)
- Security (170)
- Web Hosting (15)
- CyberDanube Security Research 20221124-0 | Authenticated Command Injection Hirschmann BAT-C2 November 29, 2022Posted by Thomas Weber on Nov 29CyberDanube Security Research 20221124-0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- title| Authenticated Command Injection product| Hirschmann (Belden) BAT-C2 vulnerable version| 126.96.36.199R8 fixed version| 09.13.01.00R04 CVE number| CVE-2022-40282 impact| High ...
- Exploiting an N-day vBulletin PHP Object Injection Vulnerability November 29, 2022Posted by Egidio Romano on Nov 29Hello list, Just wanted to share with you my latest blog post: http://karmainsecurity.com/exploiting-an-nday-vbulletin-php-object-injection Best regards, /EgiX
- Win32.Ransom.Conti / Crypto Logic Flaw November 29, 2022Posted by malvuln on Nov 29Discovery / credits: Malvuln (John Page aka hyp3rlinx) (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/99e55ce93392068c970384ab24a0e13d.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Backup media: infosec.exchange/@malvuln Threat: Win32.Ransom.Conti Vulnerability: Crypto Logic Flaw Description: Conti ransomware FAILS to encrypt non PE files that have a ".exe" in the filename. Creating specially crafted file names...
- Ransomware Deception Tactics Part 1 November 29, 2022Posted by malvuln on Nov 29Did you know? some Ransomware like CONTI and others will FAIL to encrypt non PE files that have a ".exe" in the filename. Test.exe.docx Test.exe.pdf Conti MD5: 9eb9197cd58f4417a27621c4e1b25a71 ATOMSILO MD5: 5559e9f5e1645f8554ea020a29a5a3ee
- Trojan.Win32.DarkNeuron.gen / Named Pipe Null DACL November 29, 2022Posted by malvuln on Nov 29Discovery / credits: Malvuln (John Page aka hyp3rlinx) (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/d891c9374ccb2a4cae2274170e8644d8.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Backup media: infosec.exchange/@malvuln Threat: Trojan.Win32.DarkNeuron.gen Vulnerability: Named Pipe Null DACL Family: DarkNeuron (Turla Group) Type: PE32 MD5: d891c9374ccb2a4cae2274170e8644d8 Vuln ID: MVID-2022-0661 Disclosure: 11/24/2022...
- Backdoor.Win32.Autocrat.b / Weak Hardcoded Credentials November 29, 2022Posted by malvuln on Nov 29Discovery / credits: Malvuln (John Page aka hyp3rlinx) (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/4262a8b52b902aa2e6bf02a156d1b8d4.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Backup media: infosec.exchange/@malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Autocrat.b Vulnerability: Weak Hardcoded Credentials Description: The malware is packed with PeCompact, listens on TCP port 8536 and requires authentication. However, the password...
- Backdoor.Win32.Serman.a / Unauthenticated Open Proxy November 29, 2022Posted by malvuln on Nov 29Discovery / credits: Malvuln (John Page aka hyp3rlinx) (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/f312e3a436995b86b205a1a37b1bf10f.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Backup media: infosec.exchange/@malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Serman.a Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Open Proxy Family: Serman Type: PE32 MD5: f312e3a436995b86b205a1a37b1bf10f Vuln ID: MVID-2022-0659 Disclosure: 11/22/2022 Description: The...
- Open-Xchange Security Advisory 2022-11-24 November 29, 2022Posted by Martin Heiland via Fulldisclosure on Nov 29Dear subscribers, we're sharing our latest advisory with you and like to thank everyone who contributed in finding and solving those vulnerabilities. Feel free to join our bug bounty programs for OX AppSuite, Dovecot and PowerDNS at HackerOne and soon at YesWeHack. Yours sincerely, Martin Heiland, Open-Xchange […]
- [CVE-2022-33942] Intel Data Center Manager Console <= 188.8.131.52749 ”UserMgmtHandler" Authentication Logic Error Leading to Authentication Bypass November 29, 2022Posted by Julien Ahrens (RCE Security) on Nov 29RCE Security Advisory https://www.rcesecurity.com 1. ADVISORY INFORMATION ======================= Product: Intel Data Center Manager Vendor URL: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/data-center-manager-console/overview.html Type: Authentication Bypass by Spoofing [CWE-290] Date found: 2022-06-01 Date published: 2022-11-23 CVSSv3 Score: 10.0 (CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H) CVE:...
- crashing potplayer again November 29, 2022Posted by houjingyi on Nov 29I disclosured a crash in potplayer last year : https://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2021/Mar/76 And I found a new one this year, this time is a mid file. Again I contacted Korea Internet & Security Agency(first-team () krcert or kr), they shared report to the onwer of the potplayer, Kakao Corp as they said. […]
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF