Subscription business model – Basics
Subscription is a convenient way to receive updates, products or services on a regular and ongoing basis. This business model has stood the test of time. Over the years, satisfied customers have used regular services by subscribing news, magazines, CDs, wine and even opera tickets. And then the cloud arrived. The cloud has made IT complex easy and cheap, thanks to the familiar service delivery subscription model.
Today, public cloud computing services have revenues of $ 246.8 billion. By 2020, Gartner says, cloud adoption strategies will affect over 50% of IT outsourcing contracts. Service providers are rushing to get on board.
The subscription is an agreement to regularly receive products or services by paying in advance. It has become a default business model for service providers. Even those service integrators who have made their name by selling individual software licenses are currently switching to a subscription or a software-as-a-service service delivery method to stay alive and grow their customer base.
For customers, the subscription is based on practicality, scalability and economy. The consumption model of the OpEx-based subscription service beats the traditional CapEx model in all ways. Instead of spending hundreds and often thousands of euros on hardware devices and software licenses (and therefore worry about maintenance and upgrades), companies pay a manageable monthly fee just for what they use and only for the service they need.
There are two popular subscription models designed to attract new customers allowing them to try the service before engaging in a full subscription.
A freemium business model offers a free basic service and additional paid features. This has become one of the dominant business models in the mobile app market and is widely adopted by cloud-based service providers. LinkedIn, Dropbox, Yammer and millions of other vendors have adopted this model, using free features as a powerful marketing tool. Users are more likely to direct the service to others when it’s free and easy to use. There are also signs that the freemium model is even more successful than the 30-day trial because it relieves customers from the cumbersome cancellation process when they are trying out the service for the first time.
As with the Acronis Cloud Backup service, the Freemium option allows you to have a free plan for a computer with local backup storage and then charge a fee for additional services such as cloud storage and other devices.
Bait and Hook
This subscription business model offers to offer a basic service at a low price, or even free, and to charge the full price for additional resources. The origin of this subscription method is often attributed to Gillette, a razor company that is known for selling cheap razor kits and expensive blade refills. Today this model is widely used by mobile phone companies (free telephone with a long-term service plan), printer manufacturers (cheap printers, expensive ink) and many other companies where most of the revenue comes from consumables .
With the Acronis Cloud Backup service, on the other hand, you have a free plan with a limited amount of storage space in the Cloud. This will allow customers to register and try the fully functional service before purchasing additional Cloud storage to meet their needs. In this section you can consult the complete list of demo services that Secure Online Desktop makes available to its customers.
Acronis Cloud Backup
The Acronis Cloud Backup service is specifically designed to meet the ever-increasing needs of customers oriented to the above-mentioned subscription models.
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (15)
- Security (169)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Authentication Is Static, Yet Attackers Are Dynamic: Filling the Critical Gap May 20, 2022To succeed against dynamic cybercriminals, organizations must go multiple steps further and build a learning system that evolves over time to keep up with attacker tactics.
- New Open Source Project Brings Consistent Identity Access to Multicloud May 20, 2022Hexa and IDQL allows organizations using cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform to apply consistent access policy across all applications, regardless of environment.
- More Than 1,000 Cybersecurity Career Pursuers Complete the (ISC)² Entry-Level Cybersecurity Certification Pilot Exam May 19, 2022New professional certification program establishes a pathway into the workforce for students and career changers by demonstrating their foundational knowledge, skills and abilities to employers.
- Deadbolt Ransomware Targeting QNAP NAS Devices May 19, 2022QNAP is urging customers of its NAS products to update QTS and avoid exposing the devices to the Internet.
- Pro-Russian Information Operations Escalate in Ukraine War May 19, 2022In the three months since the war started, Russian operatives and those allied with the nation's interests have unleashed a deluge of disinformation and fake news to try and sow fear and confusion in Ukraine, security vendor says.
- DoJ Won't Charge 'Good Faith' Security Researchers May 19, 2022Revised policy means security analysts won't be charged under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
- Majority of Kubernetes API Servers Exposed to the Public Internet May 19, 2022Shadowserver Foundation researchers find 380,000 open Kubernetes API servers.
- Dig Exits Stealth With $11M for Cloud Data Detection and Response Solution May 19, 2022CrowdStrike and CyberArk invest in Dig's seed round, which was led by Team8, alongside Merlin Ventures and chairs of MongoDB and Exabeam.
- 6 Scary Tactics Used in Mobile App Attacks May 19, 2022Mobile attacks have been going on for many years, but the threat is rapidly evolving as more sophisticated malware families with novel features enter the scene.
- Phishing Attacks for Initial Access Surged 54% in Q1 May 19, 2022For the first time in a year, security incidents involving email compromises surpassed ransomware incidents, a new analysis shows.
- SEC Consult SA-20220518-0 :: Multiple Critical Vulnerabilities in SAP® Application Server, ABAP and ABAP® Platform (Different Software Components) May 18, 2022Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on May 18SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20220518-0 > ======================================================================= title: Multiple Critical Vulnerabilities product: SAP® Application Server ABAP and ABAP® Platform (Different Software Components) vulnerable version: see section "Vulnerable / tested versions" fixed version: see SAP security notes...
- PHPIPAM 1.4.4 - CVE-2021-46426 May 18, 2022Posted by Rodolfo Augusto do Nascimento Tavares via Fulldisclosure on May 18=====[ Tempest Security Intelligence - ADV-03/2022 ]========================== PHPIPAM - Version 1.4.4 Author: Rodolfo Tavares Tempest Security Intelligence - Recife, Pernambuco - Brazil =====[ Table of Contents ]================================================== * Overview * Detailed description * Timeline of disclosure * Thanks & Acknowledgements * References =====[ Vulnerability […]
- LiquidFiles - 3.4.15 - Stored XSS - CVE-2021-30140 May 18, 2022Posted by Rodolfo Augusto do Nascimento Tavares via Fulldisclosure on May 18=====[ Tempest Security Intelligence - ADV-12/2021 ]========================== LiquidFiles - 3.4.15 Author: Rodolfo Tavares Tempest Security Intelligence - Recife, Pernambuco - Brazil =====[ Table of Contents]================================================== * Overview * Detailed description * Timeline of disclosure * Thanks & Acknowledgements * References =====[ Vulnerability...
- Watch multiple LockBit Ransom get DESTROYED Mass PWNAGE at scale! May 18, 2022Posted by malvuln on May 18Watch multiple LockBit Ransom get DESTROYED Mass PWNAGE at scale! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3l8a_HSSU
- github.com/malvuln/RansomDLLs / Catalog of current DLLs affecting vulnerable Ransomware strains. May 18, 2022Posted by malvuln on May 18Reference list for my Ransomware exploitation research. Lists current DLLs I have seen to date that some ransomware search for, which I have used successfully to hijack and intercept vulnerable strains executing arbitrary code pre-encryption. https://github.com/malvuln/RansomDLLs
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-2 macOS Monterey 12.4 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-2 macOS Monterey 12.4 macOS Monterey 12.4 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213257. AMD Available for: macOS Monterey Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-6 tvOS 15.5 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-6 tvOS 15.5 tvOS 15.5 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213254. AppleAVD Available for: Apple TV 4K, Apple TV 4K (2nd generation), and Apple TV HD Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-5 watchOS 8.6 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-5 watchOS 8.6 watchOS 8.6 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213253. AppleAVD Available for: Apple Watch Series 3 and later Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A use after free […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-3 macOS Big Sur 11.6.6 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-3 macOS Big Sur 11.6.6 macOS Big Sur 11.6.6 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213256. apache Available for: macOS Big Sur Impact: Multiple issues in apache Description: Multiple issues were addressed by updating apache to version 2.4.53. CVE-2021-44224 […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-1 iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-1 iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213258. AppleAVD Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, […]
Security Awareness, la sicurezza aziendale parte dai dipendenti. L'ingegneria sociale fa spesso leva sull'ignoranza… https://t.co/nGAs70Ofn5
Torna all'inizio Scopri i nostri servizi di Cyber SecurityTroverai sicuramente quello che fa al caso tuo Se vuoi m… https://t.co/Emm5kUfFc4
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Today we see one of the latest additions to our SOCaaS, the Autonomous Threat… https://t.co/QNvHnKbEqq
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The Security Code Review (SCR) service is increasingly used by companies l… https://t.co/rJmYXr1oCj
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il servizio di Security Code Review (SCR) è sempre più utilizzato dalle aziende… https://t.co/g2ho2C8FYh