New service | Log Management – High performance service for collecting logs
syslog server – High performance service for collecting logs
- Use all the strengths of the syslog-ng Premium Edition
- Find logs, secure sensitive data with granular access policies and generate reports
- Forward logs to third-party tools
SYSLOG SERVER – CLOUD LOG MANAGEMENT SERVICE TO MANAGE YOUR LOGS
Log Management service allows you to keep logs (applications, system, audit logs, query databases, etc) in the Secure Online Desktop Cloud secure from any tampering with respect to data retention rules.
COLLECT AND INDEX LOG DATA IN CLOUD
Log Management service uses the syslog-ng Premium Edition as log collection agents which provide highly scalable and reliable log collection. Installers are available for 50+ platforms, including the most popular Linux distributions, commercial versions of UNIX and Windows.
The indexing engine is optimized for performance. Depending on its exact configuration, one syslog-ng Store Box can collect and index up to 100,000 messages per second for sustained periods. A single Log Management instance can collect log messages from more than 5,000 log sources. When deployed in a client-relay configuration, a single Log Collector can collect logs from tens of thousands of log sources
SEARCH, TROUBLESHOOT, AND REPORT
With full-text search, you can search through billions of logs in seconds via the intuitive web-based user interface. Wildcards and Boolean operators allow you to perform complex searches and drill down on the results. Users can gain a quick overview and pinpoint problems. Users can easily create customized reports from the charts and statistics they create on the search interface to demonstrate compliance with standards and regulations such as PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, SOX and HIPAA.
HIGHLY SCALABLE INDEXING ENGINE
The Log Management service is optimized for performance, and can handle enormous amounts of messages. Depending on its exact configuration, it can index over 100,000 messages per second for sustained periods and process over 70 GB of raw logs per hour.
syslog server – REAL-TIME LOG DATA TRANSFORMATION
Filter, Parse, Re-Write
The syslog-ng application can sort the incoming log messages based on their content and various parameters like the source host, application, and priority. Directories, files, and database tables can be created dynamically using macros. Complex filtering using regular expressions and boolean operators offers almost unlimited flexibility to forward only the important log messages to the selected destinations
Parse key-value pairs
Log Aggregator can separate a message consisting of whitespace or comma-separated key-value pairs (for example firewall logs) into name-value pairs.
Parse sudo log messages
Privileged user accounts represent the highest security risk, as they allow access to the most sensitive data and resources. The sudo parser enables you to enrich your log message data with details of privilege escalation events.
Normalize data with PatternDB
The syslog-ng application can compare the contents of the log messages to a database of predefined message patterns.
Real-time log message classification
By comparing log messages to known patterns, syslog-ng is able to identify the exact type of the messages, and sort them into message classes. The message classes can be used to classify the type of the event described in the log message. The message classes can be customized, and, for example, can label the messages as user login, application crash, file transfer, etc.
Extracting important information from messages
In addition to classifying messages, you can also add different tags which can be used later for filtering messages, for example, to collect messages tagged as user_login to a separate file or to perform conditional post processing on the tagged messages.
Real-time event correlation
Syslog-ng also makes real-time event correlation possible. This can be useful in many different situations. For example, important data for a single event is often scattered into multiple syslog messages. Also, login and logout events are often logged far away from each other, even in different log files, making log analysis difficult. Using correlation these can be collected into a single new message.
syslog server – AUTOMATED BACKUP OF STORED DATA
Stored log messages and the configuration of SSB can be periodically transferred to a remote server using the following protocols
– Network File System protocol (NFS);
– Rsync over SSH;
– Server Message Block protocol (SMB/CIFS).
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (15)
- Security (170)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Valeo Networks Acquires Next I.T. May 23, 2022Next I.T. is the sixth and largest acquisition to date for Valeo Networks.
- Kingston Digital Releases Touch-Screen Hardware-Encrypted External SSD for Data Protection May 23, 2022IronKey Vault Privacy 80 External SSD safeguards against brute-force attacks and BadUSB with digitally-signed firmware.
- After the Okta Breach, Diversify Your Sources of Truth May 23, 2022What subsequent protections do you have in place when your first line of defense goes down?
- Chatbot Army Deployed in Latest DHL Shipping Phish May 20, 2022In a new phishing tactic, faux chatbots establish a conversation with victims to guide them to malicious links, researchers say.
- Partial Patching Still Provides Strong Protection Against APTs May 20, 2022Organizations that deploy updates only after a vulnerability is disclosed apply far fewer updates and do so at a lower cost than those that stay up to date on all of their software, university researchers say.
- Quantum Key Distribution for a Post-Quantum World May 20, 2022New versions of QKD use separate wavelengths on the same fiber, improving cost and efficiency, but distance is still a challenge.
- Microsoft Rushes a Fix After May Patch Tuesday Breaks Authentication May 20, 2022Two of Microsoft's Patch Tuesday updates need a do-over after causing certificate-based authentication errors.
- Authentication Is Static, Yet Attackers Are Dynamic: Filling the Critical Gap May 20, 2022To succeed against dynamic cybercriminals, organizations must go multiple steps further and build a learning system that evolves over time to keep up with attacker tactics.
- New Open Source Project Brings Consistent Identity Access to Multicloud May 20, 2022Hexa and IDQL allow organizations using cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform to apply consistent access policy across all applications, regardless of environment.
- More Than 1,000 Cybersecurity Career Pursuers Complete the (ISC)² Entry-Level Cybersecurity Certification Pilot Exam May 19, 2022New professional certification program establishes a pathway into the workforce for students and career changers by demonstrating their foundational knowledge, skills and abilities to employers.
- SEC Consult SA-20220518-0 :: Multiple Critical Vulnerabilities in SAP® Application Server, ABAP and ABAP® Platform (Different Software Components) May 18, 2022Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on May 18SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20220518-0 > ======================================================================= title: Multiple Critical Vulnerabilities product: SAP® Application Server ABAP and ABAP® Platform (Different Software Components) vulnerable version: see section "Vulnerable / tested versions" fixed version: see SAP security notes...
- PHPIPAM 1.4.4 - CVE-2021-46426 May 18, 2022Posted by Rodolfo Augusto do Nascimento Tavares via Fulldisclosure on May 18=====[ Tempest Security Intelligence - ADV-03/2022 ]========================== PHPIPAM - Version 1.4.4 Author: Rodolfo Tavares Tempest Security Intelligence - Recife, Pernambuco - Brazil =====[ Table of Contents ]================================================== * Overview * Detailed description * Timeline of disclosure * Thanks & Acknowledgements * References =====[ Vulnerability […]
- LiquidFiles - 3.4.15 - Stored XSS - CVE-2021-30140 May 18, 2022Posted by Rodolfo Augusto do Nascimento Tavares via Fulldisclosure on May 18=====[ Tempest Security Intelligence - ADV-12/2021 ]========================== LiquidFiles - 3.4.15 Author: Rodolfo Tavares Tempest Security Intelligence - Recife, Pernambuco - Brazil =====[ Table of Contents]================================================== * Overview * Detailed description * Timeline of disclosure * Thanks & Acknowledgements * References =====[ Vulnerability...
- Watch multiple LockBit Ransom get DESTROYED Mass PWNAGE at scale! May 18, 2022Posted by malvuln on May 18Watch multiple LockBit Ransom get DESTROYED Mass PWNAGE at scale! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3l8a_HSSU
- github.com/malvuln/RansomDLLs / Catalog of current DLLs affecting vulnerable Ransomware strains. May 18, 2022Posted by malvuln on May 18Reference list for my Ransomware exploitation research. Lists current DLLs I have seen to date that some ransomware search for, which I have used successfully to hijack and intercept vulnerable strains executing arbitrary code pre-encryption. https://github.com/malvuln/RansomDLLs
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-2 macOS Monterey 12.4 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-2 macOS Monterey 12.4 macOS Monterey 12.4 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213257. AMD Available for: macOS Monterey Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-6 tvOS 15.5 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-6 tvOS 15.5 tvOS 15.5 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213254. AppleAVD Available for: Apple TV 4K, Apple TV 4K (2nd generation), and Apple TV HD Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-5 watchOS 8.6 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-5 watchOS 8.6 watchOS 8.6 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213253. AppleAVD Available for: Apple Watch Series 3 and later Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A use after free […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-3 macOS Big Sur 11.6.6 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-3 macOS Big Sur 11.6.6 macOS Big Sur 11.6.6 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213256. apache Available for: macOS Big Sur Impact: Multiple issues in apache Description: Multiple issues were addressed by updating apache to version 2.4.53. CVE-2021-44224 […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-1 iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-1 iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213258. AppleAVD Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, […]
Security Awareness, la sicurezza aziendale parte dai dipendenti. L'ingegneria sociale fa spesso leva sull'ignoranza… https://t.co/nGAs70Ofn5
Torna all'inizio Scopri i nostri servizi di Cyber SecurityTroverai sicuramente quello che fa al caso tuo Se vuoi m… https://t.co/Emm5kUfFc4
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Today we see one of the latest additions to our SOCaaS, the Autonomous Threat… https://t.co/QNvHnKbEqq
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The Security Code Review (SCR) service is increasingly used by companies l… https://t.co/rJmYXr1oCj
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il servizio di Security Code Review (SCR) è sempre più utilizzato dalle aziende… https://t.co/g2ho2C8FYh