The history of Secure Online Desktop
Since 2011, Secure Online Desktop is a Cloud Computing services company based in Reggio Emilia (Italy). Founded by a group of engineers experienced in distributed data centers, the first product was a Secure Virtual Desktop, hence the name chosen for the company. The expertise that marked the foundation of the project also includes cyber security, as underlined in the name.
Over the years, experience and passion have led to a further improvement in the level of security of the services offered. It can be said today that all the cloud services offered by Secure Online Desktop are extremely safe and reliable.
Secure Online Desktop: the origins
The first product offered by the company in 2011 was a Secure Virtual Desktop, whose name is still maintained (Secure Online Desktop, S.O.D.). Based on the concept of Cloud Computing, the decentralization of computing power, offered as a customer service, this type of product still offers interesting advantages.
Compared to a Remote Desktop via terminal, the most obvious advantage is the decidedly more user friendly experience. Both solutions are designed for remote computer management, the type of interface and the mode of use change. Using a virtual desktop, the user has software applications and data available as they were actually on the local device in use. The use of the command line, typical of a remote terminal, is not necessary.
Through the experience offered by the virtual desktop of S.O.D., the user is unable to distinguish whether the software is local or remote. The experience is therefore excellent and allows interesting solutions. Just to give an example, avoiding the regular replacement of updated hardware, the costs for a company that must supply a computer to every employee, can be considerably reduced.
Expansion of the offer
Based on the same principle, Cloud Computing technology has allowed S.O.D. the design and offer of services capable of satisfying increasingly complex needs.
The company strongly believes in the power of Cloud technology and has worked in its application for desktop users. The use of Cloud Computing alongside a data center has made it possible to increase the computing power offered. At the same time, the level of security on data and their transmission has increased, allowing to maintain the high standards offered by S.O.D.
Thanks to these characteristics of safety and variety of products, partnerships were born with various software houses which then led to the acquisition of numerous projects from international companies. Increased the demand for services and collaborations, coverage in the area has consequently increased.
After an initial phase of expansion and consolidation of the initial offer, the company has expanded the number of Cloud products offered, including also the field of Cloud Servers. Secure Online Desktop now offers a service that covers every 360 ° Cloud need.
From the beginning, the company has been very close to the chosen logo, so that over the years it has been printed on numerous products, including a motorcycle saddle. Water bottles, notepads, pens and other office gadgets were not missing.
The logo represents the acronym S.O.D .: the large S on the left, the O and D merged together, smaller, on the right.
Although the Secure Online Desktop is no longer the single product offered by the company, the name maintains a link with the origins and a reference to the safety of the products offered. Among these, it is interesting to mention the identification and testing service of vulnerabilities in customer security systems.
The services offered today by the Secure Online Desktop company are varied and well structured. the high standard of safety offered has been maintained, an added value which demonstrates the care for the customer and the product.
The nature of the services is always based on Cloud Computing, but it includes much more than a simple virtual desktop. Today the services range from virtualized applications, Cloud Server, Data Storage and Hosting, but also complete infrastructures in the Cloud.
All products are scalable, allowing the optimization of the economic resources invested by the customer. A SaaS (Software as a Service) delivery model is used which allows easy customization and excellent ductility.
Secure Online Desktop is today an Italian reality with strong economic growth, a cloud provider that offers excellent quality services, whose values are safety and customer care.
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (170)
- Web Hosting (15)
- What CISOs Can Do About Brand Impersonation Scam Sites February 3, 2023Apply these nine tips to proactively fight fraudulent websites that use your brand to rip people off.
- Iran-Backed Actor Behind 'Holy Souls' Cyberattack on Charlie Hebdo, Microsoft Says February 3, 2023The January attack was in retaliation for the satirical French magazine's decision to launch a cartoon contest to lampoon Iran's Supreme Leader.
- Scores of Redis Servers Infested by Sophisticated Custom-Built Malware February 3, 2023At least 1,200 Redis servers worldwide have been infected with "HeadCrab" cryptominers since 2021.
- How the Cloud Is Shifting CISO Priorities February 3, 2023The greatly expanding attack surface created by the cloud needs to be protected.
- MITRE Releases Tool to Design Cyber-Resilient Systems February 3, 2023Engineers can use the Cyber Resiliency Engineering Framework Navigator to visuzalize their cyber-resiliency capabilities.
- Hornetsecurity Combats QR Code Phishing With Launch of New Technology February 2, 2023
- Korelock Launches IOT Smart Lock Technology Company February 2, 2023Denver-based business secures Series A Funding through partnerships with Iron Gate Capital and Kozo Keikaku Engineering.
- Cyberattack on Fintech Firm Disrupts Derivatives Trading Globally February 2, 2023The Russia-linked LockBit ransomware group claims to be behind the attack that fouled automated transactions for dozens of clients of financial technology firm ION Group.
- 6 Examples of the Evolution of a Scam Site February 2, 2023Examining some key examples of recently found fraud sites that target the lucrative retail shoe industry helps us understand how brand impersonation sites evolve.
- Rising 'Firebrick Ostrich' BEC Group Launches Industrial-Scale Cyberattacks February 2, 2023The group's wanton attacks demonstrate that business email compromise is everything a hacker can want in one package: low risk, high reward, quick, easy, and low effort.
- Trovent Security Advisory 2203-01 / Micro Focus GroupWise transmits session ID in URL January 31, 2023Posted by Stefan Pietsch on Jan 30# Trovent Security Advisory 2203-01 # ##################################### Micro Focus GroupWise transmits session ID in URL ################################################# Overview ######## Advisory ID: TRSA-2203-01 Advisory version: 1.0 Advisory status: Public Advisory URL: https://trovent.io/security-advisory-2203-01 Affected product: Micro Focus GroupWise Affected version: prior to 18.4.2 Vendor: Micro Focus, https://www.microfocus.com...
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-24-1 tvOS 16.3 January 27, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 26APPLE-SA-2023-01-24-1 tvOS 16.3 tvOS 16.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213601. AppleMobileFileIntegrity Available for: Apple TV 4K (all models) and Apple TV HD Impact: An app may be able to access user-sensitive data Description: This issue was addressed […]
- [SYSS-2022-047] Razer Synapse - Local Privilege Escalation January 27, 2023Posted by Oliver Schwarz via Fulldisclosure on Jan 26Advisory ID: SYSS-2022-047 Product: Razer Synapse Manufacturer: Razer Inc. Affected Version(s): Versions before 3.7.0830.081906 Tested Version(s): 3.7.0731.072516 Vulnerability Type: Improper Certificate Validation (CWE-295) Risk Level: High Solution Status: Open Manufacturer Notification: 2022-08-02 Solution Date: 2022-09-06 Public Disclosure:...
- t2'23: Call For Papers 2023 (Helsinki, Finland) January 24, 2023Posted by Tomi Tuominen via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23Call For Papers 2023 Tired of your bosses suspecting conference trips to exotic locations being just a ploy to partake in Security Vacation Club? Prove them wrong by coming to Helsinki, Finland on May 4-5 2023! Guaranteed lack of sunburn, good potential for rain or slush. In […]
- Re: HNS-2022-01 - HN Security Advisory - Multiple vulnerabilities in Solaris dtprintinfo and libXm/libXpm January 24, 2023Posted by Marco Ivaldi on Jan 23Hello again, Just a quick update. Mitre has assigned the following additional CVE IDs: * CVE-2023-24039 - Stack-based buffer overflow in libXm ParseColors * CVE-2023-24040 - Printer name injection and heap memory disclosure We have updated the advisory accordingly: https://github.com/hnsecurity/vulns/blob/main/HNS-2022-01-dtprintinfo.txt Regards, Marco
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-8 Safari 16.3 January 24, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-8 Safari 16.3 Safari 16.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213600. WebKit Available for: macOS Big Sur and macOS Monterey Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution Description: The issue was addressed with […]
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-7 watchOS 9.3 January 24, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-7 watchOS 9.3 watchOS 9.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213599. AppleMobileFileIntegrity Available for: Apple Watch Series 4 and later Impact: An app may be able to access user-sensitive data Description: This issue was addressed by enabling hardened […]
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-6 macOS Big Sur 11.7.3 January 24, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-6 macOS Big Sur 11.7.3 macOS Big Sur 11.7.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213603. AppleMobileFileIntegrity Available for: macOS Big Sur Impact: An app may be able to access user-sensitive data Description: This issue was addressed by enabling […]
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-5 macOS Monterey 12.6.3 January 24, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-5 macOS Monterey 12.6.3 macOS Monterey 12.6.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213604. AppleMobileFileIntegrity Available for: macOS Monterey Impact: An app may be able to access user-sensitive data Description: This issue was addressed by enabling hardened runtime. CVE-2023-23499: […]
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF