Secure Online Desktop offers a Videoconferencing platform (cloud conference) that does not require any installation of dedicated software on the computer. The only requirements to be met are Adobe Flash support and an internet connection.
Video call features include real-time sharing of audio, video, presentations, screen sharing. But not only, also collaboration tools among the participants such as: the blackboard, the shared notes, the surveys and the breakout rooms. It is also possible to record sessions for later playback.
Videoconferencing platform – Introduction to Cloud Web Conference
SOD – Cloud Web Conference is HTML5-based web software offered as a service (SaaS). Unlike many commercial video conferencing platforms that require software installation, Cloud Web Conference works in a normal browser. Just connect through a link to participate in the video call. The service provides high quality audio, video and screen sharing. This is possible using the browser’s built-in support for Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) libraries.
Secure Online Desktop’s Web Cloud Conference has a mobile first design, like many modern web applications. This means that its interface has been designed with mobile devices in mind. As for desktop use, there is no app to download or install, because the application runs inside the browser.
Functionality for learning and collaboration
The features offered by the Cloud Web Conference platform are suitable both for use in education and in professional collaboration.
The communication provides for a moderator, who has greater control over the functionality, and for participants who have limited possibilities. The moderator acts as host of the video call, can silence the participants, assign them to separate classrooms, share polls and interrupt the entire conference. Participants can also actively intervene only if the moderator allows it through the appropriate functions.
Public and private chat
Within SOD – Cloud Conference it is always possible to communicate through a chat. This can be public, and therefore visible to all participants, or private, therefore visible only to some of them.
Audio and webcam sharing
Those attending the meeting can decide whether to do it with the microphone on or off. In any case, you can activate and deactivate it later.
The moderator has the option to limit the participants’ audio interactions. This prevents audio from being shared with others if not needed. If the moderator does not prevent it with the appropriate function, participants can still intervene by enabling their own microphone.
It is possible to participate in the videoconference with your webcam: In this case you can eliminate distractions by closing parts of the interface that are not necessary, for example the public chat or the shared whiteboard.
Videoconferencing platform – Multi-user shared whiteboard
The blackboard is always available to the moderator. In addition to the use of various tools for drawing and managing images on the blackboard, it is possible to share it with the participants. These can intervene using it in turn, selecting different colors to distinguish their intervention.
Share presentations, videos and screens
The moderator can upload a presentation file to the videoconference platform. The software will show the presentation on the screen, without the inconvenience of having to download the file to all participants. It is however possible for the moderator to give the possibility to download the presentation file.
Similarly, it is possible to show participants a YouTube video through a link. The video is shown via the moderator screen, so as not to commit additional bandwidth to the participants.
Finally, the moderator can choose whether to show the participants their screen. It is possible to show the whole screen or only the window of an application already open.
It is also possible to create separate rooms and assign participants to them. These are used for collaboration in groups within the same video call. The moderator can create the rooms, assign the participants to them, or leave them free to choose independently. He can also listen to what’s going on in every single room, or actively participate like the others.
Videoconferencing platform – A solution suitable for everyone
The Cloud Web Conference system offers fundamental functions for a teacher to involve his students in learning. Through the same characteristics, collaboration between colleagues is possible and, indeed, facilitated by such a complete videoconference platform.
- Predictive cybersecurity with our SOCaaS
- Secure Online Desktop 10 years later: our corporate anniversary
- Air-Fi: attacking computers that are disconnected and without network hardware is possible
- Examples of phishing: the latest campaigns mentioned by the CSIRT
- Event Overload? Our SOCaaS can help!
- Business email compromise (BEC) schemes
- XDR as an approach to security
- What is threat intelligence?
- Backup as a Service (2)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (20)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (4)
- Log Management (2)
- News (18)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (6)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (11)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Did Companies Fail to Disclose Being Affected by SolarWinds Breach? June 21, 2021The SEC has sent out letters to some investment firms and publicly listed companies seeking information, Reuters says.
- Software-Container Supply Chain Sees Spike in Attacks June 21, 2021Attackers target companies' container supply chain, driving a sixfold increase in a year, aiming to steal processing time for cryptomining and compromise cloud infrastructure.
- Data Leaked in Fertility Clinic Ransomware Attack June 21, 2021Reproductive Biology Associates says the data of 38,000 patients may have been compromised in the April cyberattack.
- Baltimore County Public Schools' Ransomware Recovery Tops $8M June 21, 2021The school district has spent seven months and a reported $8.1 million recovering from the November attack.
- Fintech at SaaS Speed June 21, 2021
- Are Ransomware Attacks the New Pandemic? June 21, 2021Ransomware has been a problem for decades, so why is government just now beginning to address it?
- Attackers Find New Way to Exploit Google Docs for Phishing June 18, 2021Tactic continues recent trend by attackers to use trusted cloud services to send and host malicious content.
- Accidental Insider Leaks Prove Major Source of Risk June 18, 2021Research reports highlight growing concerns around insider negligence that leads to data breaches.
- This Week in Database Leaks: Cognyte, CVS, Wegmans June 18, 2021Billions of records were found exposed this week due to unprotected databases owned by major corporations and third-party providers.
- 11 Security Certifications to Seek Out This Summer June 18, 2021The more you know, the more you grow. The Edge takes a fresh look at leading security certifications that can help advance your career.
- Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Googite.b / Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution June 18, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jun 18Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/4a8d6bc838c09c6701abfa8b283fd0de.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Googite.b Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution Description: The malware listens on TCP ports 3388, 4488 and 10002 and drops executables under both Windows and SysWOW64 dirs. Third-party attackers who can...
- Trojan.Win32.Alien.erf / Directory Traversal June 18, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jun 18Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/57ab194d8c60ee97914eda22e4d71b68_C.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan.Win32.Alien.erf Vulnerability: Directory Traversal Description: The malware deploys a Web server AM6WebMgr.exe (JAO build 809) listening on TCP port 1789. Third-party attackers who can reach an infected host can read any […]
- Trovent Security Advisory 2105-01 / CVE-2021-32612: VeryFitPro unencrypted cleartext transmission of sensitive information June 18, 2021Posted by Stefan Pietsch on Jun 18# Trovent Security Advisory 2105-01 # ##################################### Unencrypted cleartext transmission of sensitive information ########################################################### Overview ######## Advisory ID: TRSA-2105-01 Advisory version: 1.0 Advisory status: Public Advisory URL: https://trovent.io/security-advisory-2105-01 Affected product: VeryFitPro Android mobile application (com.veryfit2hr.second) Tested versions:...
- Trojan.Win32.Alien.erf / Remote Stack Buffer Overflow June 18, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jun 18Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/57ab194d8c60ee97914eda22e4d71b68_B.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan.Win32.Alien.erf Vulnerability: Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Description: The malware deploys a Web server AM6WebMgr.exe (JAO build 809) listening on TCP port 1789. Third-party attackers who can reach an infected host can […]
- Trojan.Win32.Alien.erf / Remote Denial of Service June 18, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jun 18Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/57ab194d8c60ee97914eda22e4d71b68.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan.Win32.Alien.erf Vulnerability: Remote Denial of Service Description: The malware deploys a SMTP server JAOSrv821.exe listening on TCP port 25. Third-party attackers who can reach an infected host can trigger a denial […]
- Email-Worm.Win32.Kipis.a / Unauthenticated Remote Code Execution June 18, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jun 18Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/aa703bc17e3177d3b24a57c5d2a91a0c.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Email-Worm.Win32.Kipis.a Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Code Execution Description: The malware listens on TCP port 1029 and writes incoming packets to an executable file that is renamed as "winlogins.exe". Third-party attackers...
- Re: popo2, kernel/tun driver bufferoverflow. June 18, 2021Posted by Robert Święcki on Jun 18Hi, wt., 15 cze 2021 o 09:56 KJ Jung napisał(a): While I agree that it might be not the best of programming patterns to accept length of a local stack buffer from the parent function (this can easily be misused over time), there's probably no bug here, as all […]
- Re: popo/popo2 linux kernel vulns June 18, 2021Posted by RaziREKT via Fulldisclosure on Jun 18Hello KJ Jung, neither of the mails you sent contain bugs. The kernel code is sound and the vulnerabilities you reported don't seem to exist. In your first mail (popo:: linux kernel vulns of it), you point out a flaw in bond_do_ioctl() and bond_set_dev_addr(). It is impossible to […]
- [SYSS-2021-007]: Protectimus SLIM NFC - External Control of System or Configuration Setting (CWE-15) (CVE-2021-32033) June 18, 2021Posted by Matthias Deeg on Jun 18Advisory ID: SYSS-2021-007 Product: Protectimus SLIM NFC Manufacturer: Protectimus Affected Version(s): Hardware Scheme 70 / Software Version 10.01 Tested Version(s): Hardware Scheme 70 / Software Version 10.01 Vulnerability Type: External Control of System or Configuration Setting (CWE-15) "Time Traveler Attack" Risk Level: Medium Solution Status: Open Manufacturer Notification: 2021-02-04 […]
- Backdoor.Win32.Zombam.gen / Information Disclosure June 15, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jun 15Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/ff6516c881dee555b0cd253408b64404_D.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Zombam.gen Vulnerability: Information Disclosure Description: Zombam malware listens on TCP port 80 and deploys an unsecured HTML Web UI for basic remote administration capability. Third-party attackers who can reach an infected...
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes threat intelligence data provides companies with relevant and timely insigh… https://t.co/ahmvXSKAqK
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes La data loss prevention (DLP) è un insieme di strumenti e processi utilizzati p… https://t.co/srZSzUqVNy
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes data loss prevention (DLP) is a set of tools and processes used to ensure t… https://t.co/jrpmsxB85k
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes Il termine shoulder surfing potrebbe evocare immagini di un piccolo surfista su… https://t.co/PKEpO1Mvzn
Ten years ago, on June 16, 2011, Secure Online Desktop was born. Many things have changed in ten years and we have… https://t.co/DN23n6BK7q