Secure Online Desktop offers a Videoconferencing platform (cloud conference) that does not require any installation of dedicated software on the computer. The only requirements to be met are Adobe Flash support and an internet connection.
Video call features include real-time sharing of audio, video, presentations, screen sharing. But not only, also collaboration tools among the participants such as: the blackboard, the shared notes, the surveys and the breakout rooms. It is also possible to record sessions for later playback.
Videoconferencing platform – Introduction to Cloud Web Conference
SOD – Cloud Web Conference is HTML5-based web software offered as a service (SaaS). Unlike many commercial video conferencing platforms that require software installation, Cloud Web Conference works in a normal browser. Just connect through a link to participate in the video call. The service provides high quality audio, video and screen sharing. This is possible using the browser’s built-in support for Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) libraries.
Secure Online Desktop’s Web Cloud Conference has a mobile first design, like many modern web applications. This means that its interface has been designed with mobile devices in mind. As for desktop use, there is no app to download or install, because the application runs inside the browser.
Functionality for learning and collaboration
The features offered by the Cloud Web Conference platform are suitable both for use in education and in professional collaboration.
The communication provides for a moderator, who has greater control over the functionality, and for participants who have limited possibilities. The moderator acts as host of the video call, can silence the participants, assign them to separate classrooms, share polls and interrupt the entire conference. Participants can also actively intervene only if the moderator allows it through the appropriate functions.
Public and private chat
Within SOD – Cloud Conference it is always possible to communicate through a chat. This can be public, and therefore visible to all participants, or private, therefore visible only to some of them.
Audio and webcam sharing
Those attending the meeting can decide whether to do it with the microphone on or off. In any case, you can activate and deactivate it later.
The moderator has the option to limit the participants’ audio interactions. This prevents audio from being shared with others if not needed. If the moderator does not prevent it with the appropriate function, participants can still intervene by enabling their own microphone.
It is possible to participate in the videoconference with your webcam: In this case you can eliminate distractions by closing parts of the interface that are not necessary, for example the public chat or the shared whiteboard.
Videoconferencing platform – Multi-user shared whiteboard
The blackboard is always available to the moderator. In addition to the use of various tools for drawing and managing images on the blackboard, it is possible to share it with the participants. These can intervene using it in turn, selecting different colors to distinguish their intervention.
Share presentations, videos and screens
The moderator can upload a presentation file to the videoconference platform. The software will show the presentation on the screen, without the inconvenience of having to download the file to all participants. It is however possible for the moderator to give the possibility to download the presentation file.
Similarly, it is possible to show participants a YouTube video through a link. The video is shown via the moderator screen, so as not to commit additional bandwidth to the participants.
Finally, the moderator can choose whether to show the participants their screen. It is possible to show the whole screen or only the window of an application already open.
It is also possible to create separate rooms and assign participants to them. These are used for collaboration in groups within the same video call. The moderator can create the rooms, assign the participants to them, or leave them free to choose independently. He can also listen to what’s going on in every single room, or actively participate like the others.
Videoconferencing platform – A solution suitable for everyone
The Cloud Web Conference system offers fundamental functions for a teacher to involve his students in learning. Through the same characteristics, collaboration between colleagues is possible and, indeed, facilitated by such a complete videoconference platform.
- SIEM software: what it is and how it works
- Updating php: why and how
- What is a Network Lateral Movement and how to defend yourself
- Mitre Att&ck ™: an overview
- Is SOCaaS useful for your business?
- Computer network security: PT vs. VA
- Cloud services for small local businesses
- Cloud computing services in Reggio Emilia
- Backup as a Service (2)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (17)
- Conferenza Cloud (2)
- ICT Monitoring (3)
- Log Management (1)
- News (15)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (6)
- Secure Online Desktop (13)
- Security (5)
- Web Hosting (7)
- Microsoft: Ransomware & Nation-State Attacks Rise, Get More Sophisticated
- DDoS Attacks Soar in First Half of 2020
- Re: Navy Federal Reflective Cross Site Scripting (XSS)
- CVE-2020-24721: Corona Exposure Notifications API: risk of coercion/data leakage [vs]
- New Campaign by China-Linked Group Targets US Orgs for First Time
- Securing Slack: 5 Tips for Safer Messaging, Collaboration
- Vulnerability in Wireless Router Chipsets Prompts Advisory
- Shifting Left of Left: Why Secure Code Isn't Always Quality Code
- Cybersecurity: l’Europa testa la sua sicurezza cibernetica con l’esercitazione Blue OLEx
- Critical Information Disclosure on WP Courses plugin <= 2.0.29 exposes private course videos and materials
- [SYSS-2020-025] DOMOS 5.8 - OS Command Injection
- [SYSS-2020-024] Qiata FTA - Persistent Cross-Site Scripting
- [SYSS-2019-049] Insufficient Session Expiration (CWE-613) in REDDOXX MailDepot (CVE-2019-19199)
- Regarding the semi-recent OnBase vulnerabilities
- State-Sponsored Hacking Groups Increasingly Use Cloud & Open Source Infrastructure
Nuovo servizio SOCaaS (Security Operation Center as a Service) powered by Secure Online Desktop… https://t.co/dp5bvA94VQ
In today's article, we'll explain what a Security Operations Center (SOC) is and help determine if a SOC-as-a-Servi… https://t.co/z7mOAe6nh0
Nell'articolo di oggi, spiegheremo cos'e' un Security Operations Center (SOC) e aiuteremo a determinare se una solu… https://t.co/l2NT6hzQc5
The security of computer networks is of vital importance for a company. With technologies increasingly relying on r… https://t.co/Zbaf4mL1D5
La sicurezza delle reti informatiche e' di vitale importanza per un'azienda. Con le tecnologie che fanno sempre piu… https://t.co/NJWcr9rpnz