Virtual data center and its advantages
One of the biggest advantages of using cloud technology is that it allows relatively small businesses to access an IT infrastructure at low cost. In the form of a virtual data center, the expected expenditure is clearly lower than the capital needed to build a real one.
As a guarantee of flexibility and scalability, the cost remains limited to the actual resources used.
Definition of Virtual Data Center
A Virtual Data Center (VDC) is a collection or collection of cloud resources specially designed for business needs. The basic resources that can be assigned to the individual VPS, as for any real or virtual machine, are the processor (CPU), memory (RAM), storage (disk space) and the network (bandwidth).
A VDC is a virtual representation of a physical data center, complete with servers and storage clusters. These components reside, however, in a virtual space hosted by one or more real data centers.
Providers generally guarantee the continuity of the service thanks to redundant architectures capable of automatically replacing a machine that should be inaccessible.
The purpose of a virtual data center is to offer organizations the opportunity to expand their IT infrastructure. The big advantage is that it can be done without the need to purchase or install expensive hardware, which would require additional manpower, space and power.
The entire infrastructure of the data center is provided via the cloud, and therefore fully operable remotely.
Your flexible cloud infrastructure
Usually in the cloud we start with the virtualization of a VPS server. Continuing the experience it happens that the needs become more complex and structured. Therefore, virtual data centers come into play: entire architectures of data centers completely virtualized and defined through software.
The many services that VDC offer, such as SOD’s SuperCloud, facilitate network virtualization, storage and management security. Creating flexible and dynamic virtual data centers is really easy.
Simplify the allocation of IT resources and applications and make them available for use in minutes. Complete your VDC by automating resource management for optimal performance and good use of the calculation capacity of the individual VPS.
Advantages of a data center
– Autonomy and total management of the infrastructure
– Network dedicated to your data center
– Transparency and isolation of VPS, according to needs
– Hardware and dedicated resources
– Flexibility and scalability of the machines involved
– Upgrade / Downgrade in real time
– Payment on consumption
Virtual data center overview
Through virtualization, it is possible to provide the IT infrastructure resources necessary to support a corporate business by exploiting cloud technology. Therefore, there is no need to purchase, manage and maintain a physical IT infrastructure.
A virtual data center offers CPU, RAM, storage and applications directly to the end user. Above all, it allows you to create and manage complex virtual machines, architectures and complex virtual networks independently according to the needs of the company.
A fundamental aspect of the VDC is linked to the autonomous management of the infrastructure. The end user who purchases a virtual data center can create the infrastructure he wants according to the specific needs of his business.
It is the ideal service for those who need very high performance and guaranteed resources. In addition, the most complete freedom and the possibility of expanding the virtual infrastructure without limits is guaranteed.
Who is the service for?
Abbiamo visto una panoramica delle principali funzionalita’ di virtual data center. Ma chi sono generalmente i principali fruitori di questa soluzione tecnologica?
Normalmente i destinatari delle soluzioni VDC sono, professionisti del settore come web agency, e-commerce, aziende IT e rivenditori di hosting, solo per citarne alcuni. E’ abbastanza chiaro che siano necessarie competenze specifiche per la gestione autonoma di un data center.
Il mercato offre comunque anche soluzioni piu’ complete per chi volesse affidare la gestione del VDC a dei professionisti. Nel caso ci sia necessita’ di un’infrastruttura potente ad elevate prestazioni, e’ possibile appoggiarsi a soluzioni che offrano la gestione tecnica dell’infrastruttura.
Il servizio SuperCloud offerto da SOD offre tutti i vantaggi di un virtual data center ed è inoltre gestibile da ogni dispositivo.
We have seen an overview of the main virtual data center features. But who are generally the main users of this technological solution?
Normally the recipients of VDC solutions are, professionals of the sector such as web agency, e-commerce, IT companies and hosting resellers, just to name a few. It is quite clear that specific skills are needed for the autonomous management of a data center.
However, the market also offers more complete solutions for those wishing to entrust the management of the VDC to professionals. If there is a need for a powerful, high-performance infrastructure, it is possible to rely on solutions that offer technical infrastructure management.
The SuperCloud service offered by SOD offers all the advantages of a virtual data center and is also manageable from any device.
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (170)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Enterprises Don't Know What to Buy for Responsible AI January 27, 2023Organizations are struggling to procure appropriate technical tools to address responsible AI, such as consistent bias detection in AI applications.
- Enterprises Need to Do More to Assure Consumers About Privacy January 27, 2023Organizations care about data privacy, but their priorities appear to be different from what their customers think are important.
- Why Most Companies Still Don’t Know What’s on Their Network January 27, 2023Chris Kirsch, CEO of runZero, sits down with Dark Reading’sTerry Sweeney for a Fast Chat on the importance of asset discovery.
- On Data Privacy Day, Organizations Fail Data Privacy Expectations January 27, 2023Data Privacy Day rolls around year after year, and data privacy breaches likewise. Two-thirds of data breaches result in data exposure.
- Critical RCE Lexmark Printer Bug Has Public Exploit January 27, 2023A nasty SSRF bug in Web Services plagues a laundry list of enterprise printers.
- Google: Influence Operator Dragonbridge Floods Social Media in Sprawling Cyber Campaign January 27, 2023Google has mounted a massive takedown, but Dragonbridge's extensive capabilities for generating and distributing vast amounts of largely spammy content calls into question the motivation behind the group.
- How Noob Website Hackers Can Become Persistent Threats January 27, 2023An academic analysis of website defacement behavior by 241 new hackers shows there are four clear trajectories they can take in future, researchers say.
- 3 Ways ChatGPT Will Change Infosec in 2023 January 27, 2023OpenAI's chatbot has the promise to revolutionize how security practitioners work.
- Riot Games Latest Video-Game Maker to Suffer Breach January 26, 2023Highlighting continued attacks on game developers, attackers stole source code from and issued a ransom demand to the maker of League of Legends.
- A Child's Garden of Cybersecurity January 26, 2023Whether you dream of your child growing into a CISO or just want them to improve their security hygiene, consider this roundup of literary geekery.
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-24-1 tvOS 16.3 January 27, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 26APPLE-SA-2023-01-24-1 tvOS 16.3 tvOS 16.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213601. AppleMobileFileIntegrity Available for: Apple TV 4K (all models) and Apple TV HD Impact: An app may be able to access user-sensitive data Description: This issue was addressed […]
- [SYSS-2022-047] Razer Synapse - Local Privilege Escalation January 27, 2023Posted by Oliver Schwarz via Fulldisclosure on Jan 26Advisory ID: SYSS-2022-047 Product: Razer Synapse Manufacturer: Razer Inc. Affected Version(s): Versions before 3.7.0830.081906 Tested Version(s): 3.7.0731.072516 Vulnerability Type: Improper Certificate Validation (CWE-295) Risk Level: High Solution Status: Open Manufacturer Notification: 2022-08-02 Solution Date: 2022-09-06 Public Disclosure:...
- t2'23: Call For Papers 2023 (Helsinki, Finland) January 24, 2023Posted by Tomi Tuominen via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23Call For Papers 2023 Tired of your bosses suspecting conference trips to exotic locations being just a ploy to partake in Security Vacation Club? Prove them wrong by coming to Helsinki, Finland on May 4-5 2023! Guaranteed lack of sunburn, good potential for rain or slush. In […]
- Re: HNS-2022-01 - HN Security Advisory - Multiple vulnerabilities in Solaris dtprintinfo and libXm/libXpm January 24, 2023Posted by Marco Ivaldi on Jan 23Hello again, Just a quick update. Mitre has assigned the following additional CVE IDs: * CVE-2023-24039 - Stack-based buffer overflow in libXm ParseColors * CVE-2023-24040 - Printer name injection and heap memory disclosure We have updated the advisory accordingly: https://github.com/hnsecurity/vulns/blob/main/HNS-2022-01-dtprintinfo.txt Regards, Marco
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-8 Safari 16.3 January 24, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-8 Safari 16.3 Safari 16.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213600. WebKit Available for: macOS Big Sur and macOS Monterey Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution Description: The issue was addressed with […]
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-7 watchOS 9.3 January 24, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-7 watchOS 9.3 watchOS 9.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213599. AppleMobileFileIntegrity Available for: Apple Watch Series 4 and later Impact: An app may be able to access user-sensitive data Description: This issue was addressed by enabling hardened […]
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-6 macOS Big Sur 11.7.3 January 24, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-6 macOS Big Sur 11.7.3 macOS Big Sur 11.7.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213603. AppleMobileFileIntegrity Available for: macOS Big Sur Impact: An app may be able to access user-sensitive data Description: This issue was addressed by enabling […]
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-5 macOS Monterey 12.6.3 January 24, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-5 macOS Monterey 12.6.3 macOS Monterey 12.6.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213604. AppleMobileFileIntegrity Available for: macOS Monterey Impact: An app may be able to access user-sensitive data Description: This issue was addressed by enabling hardened runtime. CVE-2023-23499: […]
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-4 macOS Ventura 13.2 January 24, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-4 macOS Ventura 13.2 macOS Ventura 13.2 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213605. AppleMobileFileIntegrity Available for: macOS Ventura Impact: An app may be able to access user-sensitive data Description: This issue was addressed by enabling hardened runtime. CVE-2023-23499: […]
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF