Virtual data center and its advantages
One of the biggest advantages of using cloud technology is that it allows relatively small businesses to access an IT infrastructure at low cost. In the form of a virtual data center, the expected expenditure is clearly lower than the capital needed to build a real one.
As a guarantee of flexibility and scalability, the cost remains limited to the actual resources used.
Definition of Virtual Data Center
A Virtual Data Center (VDC) is a collection or collection of cloud resources specially designed for business needs. The basic resources that can be assigned to the individual VPS, as for any real or virtual machine, are the processor (CPU), memory (RAM), storage (disk space) and the network (bandwidth).
A VDC is a virtual representation of a physical data center, complete with servers and storage clusters. These components reside, however, in a virtual space hosted by one or more real data centers.
Providers generally guarantee the continuity of the service thanks to redundant architectures capable of automatically replacing a machine that should be inaccessible.
The purpose of a virtual data center is to offer organizations the opportunity to expand their IT infrastructure. The big advantage is that it can be done without the need to purchase or install expensive hardware, which would require additional manpower, space and power.
The entire infrastructure of the data center is provided via the cloud, and therefore fully operable remotely.
Your flexible cloud infrastructure
Usually in the cloud we start with the virtualization of a VPS server. Continuing the experience it happens that the needs become more complex and structured. Therefore, virtual data centers come into play: entire architectures of data centers completely virtualized and defined through software.
The many services that VDC offer, such as SOD’s SuperCloud, facilitate network virtualization, storage and management security. Creating flexible and dynamic virtual data centers is really easy.
Simplify the allocation of IT resources and applications and make them available for use in minutes. Complete your VDC by automating resource management for optimal performance and good use of the calculation capacity of the individual VPS.
Advantages of a data center
– Autonomy and total management of the infrastructure
– Network dedicated to your data center
– Transparency and isolation of VPS, according to needs
– Hardware and dedicated resources
– Flexibility and scalability of the machines involved
– Upgrade / Downgrade in real time
– Payment on consumption
Virtual data center overview
Through virtualization, it is possible to provide the IT infrastructure resources necessary to support a corporate business by exploiting cloud technology. Therefore, there is no need to purchase, manage and maintain a physical IT infrastructure.
A virtual data center offers CPU, RAM, storage and applications directly to the end user. Above all, it allows you to create and manage complex virtual machines, architectures and complex virtual networks independently according to the needs of the company.
A fundamental aspect of the VDC is linked to the autonomous management of the infrastructure. The end user who purchases a virtual data center can create the infrastructure he wants according to the specific needs of his business.
It is the ideal service for those who need very high performance and guaranteed resources. In addition, the most complete freedom and the possibility of expanding the virtual infrastructure without limits is guaranteed.
Who is the service for?
Abbiamo visto una panoramica delle principali funzionalita’ di virtual data center. Ma chi sono generalmente i principali fruitori di questa soluzione tecnologica?
Normalmente i destinatari delle soluzioni VDC sono, professionisti del settore come web agency, e-commerce, aziende IT e rivenditori di hosting, solo per citarne alcuni. E’ abbastanza chiaro che siano necessarie competenze specifiche per la gestione autonoma di un data center.
Il mercato offre comunque anche soluzioni piu’ complete per chi volesse affidare la gestione del VDC a dei professionisti. Nel caso ci sia necessita’ di un’infrastruttura potente ad elevate prestazioni, e’ possibile appoggiarsi a soluzioni che offrano la gestione tecnica dell’infrastruttura.
Il servizio SuperCloud offerto da SOD offre tutti i vantaggi di un virtual data center ed è inoltre gestibile da ogni dispositivo.
We have seen an overview of the main virtual data center features. But who are generally the main users of this technological solution?
Normally the recipients of VDC solutions are, professionals of the sector such as web agency, e-commerce, IT companies and hosting resellers, just to name a few. It is quite clear that specific skills are needed for the autonomous management of a data center.
However, the market also offers more complete solutions for those wishing to entrust the management of the VDC to professionals. If there is a need for a powerful, high-performance infrastructure, it is possible to rely on solutions that offer technical infrastructure management.
The SuperCloud service offered by SOD offers all the advantages of a virtual data center and is also manageable from any device.
- Hadoop Open Data Model: “open” data collection
- Pass the Ticket: how to mitigate it with a SOCaaS
- Use cases of a SOCaaS for companies part 2
- Use cases of a SOCaaS for companies part 1
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- “Left of boom” and “right of boom”: having a winning strategy
- Smishing: a fraud similar to phishing
- Network Traffic Analyzer: an extra gear for the Next Gen SIEM
- Backup as a Service (2)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (20)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (4)
- Log Management (2)
- News (18)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (14)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Armis Now Valued at $3.4B November 29, 2021One Equity Partners led the $300 million round, increasing the valuation of Armis from the $2 billion valuation it achieved less than 8 months ago.
- Stellar Cyber Raises $38M Series B to Address Need to Provide 360-Degree Visibility Across Entire Attack Surface November 29, 2021Oversubscribed round, including Samsung, rewards technical innovations and rapid market adoption, positions company for continued leadership.
- 9 out of 10 Healthcare Organizations Provide Telehealth Services, Yet Almost Half Face Patients' Mistrust Toward Privacy November 29, 2021Kaspersky surveyed healthcare decision-makers to learn how the digital transformation of the industry is going and which problems they believe should be solved to create a world in which everyone can gain access to quality care.
- IKEA Email Systems Targeted in Cyberattack November 29, 2021Attackers are reportedly targeting IKEA employees in a phishing campaign that leverages stolen reply-chain emails.
- Google Analyzes Methods Behind GCP Workload Attacks November 29, 2021The vast majority of cloud workload compromises stem from poor security configurations or compromised passwords, while cryptojacking is the common payload, research shows.
- Phishing Remains the Most Common Cause of Data Breaches, Survey Says November 29, 2021Despite heightened concerns over ransomware, fewer organizations in a Dark Reading survey reported being an actual victim of a ransomware attack over the past year.
- Over 1,000 Individuals Arrested in Global Cybercrime-Fighting Operation November 29, 2021HAECHI-II initiative represents Interpol's stepped-up efforts to tackle the operators of financially motivated online scams and other cyberattacks.
- Panasonic Hit in Data Breach November 29, 2021Tech firm reveals that data on one of its file servers was accessed by attackers.
- NanoLock Security and Waterfall Security Partner to Deliver OT Security for Industrial and Energy Applications November 29, 2021The solution combines NanoLock’s device-level, zero-trust protection with Waterfall’s hardware-enforced IT/OT perimeter protection to provide a powerful OT security solution that mitigates cyber events from both IT and OT networks.
- Paving the Road to Zero Trust With Adaptive Authentication November 29, 2021A gradual transition to a world beyond passwords predisposes zero-trust projects to success.
- Re: Responsible Full disclosure for LiquidFiles 3.5.13 November 23, 2021Posted by Riccardo Spampinato on Nov 23Dear Full Disclosure Team, This is to ask you to kindly update our responsible disclosure. Following the updated advisory. =============================================================================== title: LiquidFiles Privilege Escalation product: LiquidFiles v3.5.13 vulnerability type: Privilege Escalation severity: High CVSSv3 score: 8.8 CVSSv3 vector:...
- Backdoor.Win32.BlueAdept.02.a / Remote Buffer Overflow November 21, 2021Posted by malvuln on Nov 21Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/694d21679cc212c59515584d1b65dc84.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.BlueAdept.02.a Vulnerability: Remote Buffer Overflow Description: The malware listens on TCP port 6969, after connecting to the infected host TCP ports 6970, 6971 are then opened. The newly opened port 6970 […]
- Backdoor.Win32.BNLite / Remote Heap Based Buffer Overflow November 21, 2021Posted by malvuln on Nov 21Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/a8818da39c7d36d9b5497d1a875798b8.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.BNLite Vulnerability: Remote Heap Based Buffer Overflow Description: The malware listens on TCP port 5000. Third party attackers who can reach the system can send a specially crafted payload to trigger […]
- Backdoor.Win32.Agent.ad / Insecure Credential Storage November 21, 2021Posted by malvuln on Nov 21Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/d2b933ebadd5c808ca4c68ae173e2d62.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Agent.ad Vulnerability: Insecure Credential Storage Description: The malware listens on TCP port 87, its default password "hoanggia" is stored in the Windows registry in cleartext under "clrprv.oo" in...
- Backdoor.Win32.Wollf.h / Hardcoded Cleartext Password November 21, 2021Posted by malvuln on Nov 21Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/5494b78dcfaf16aa43b5dbd563dc5582.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Wollf.h Vulnerability: Hardcoded Cleartext Password Description: The malware listens on TCP port 7300 and runs with SYSTEM integrity. Authentication is required for remote user access. However, the password "grish5800" is...
- Backdoor.Win32.Wollf.a / Weak Hardcoded Password November 21, 2021Posted by malvuln on Nov 21Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/52d1341f73c34ba2638581469120b68a.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Wollf.a Vulnerability: Weak Hardcoded Password Description: The malware listens on TCP port 1698 and runs with SYSTEM integrity. Authentication is required for remote user access. However, the password "23706373" is weak...
- Backdoor.Win32.Antilam.11 / Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution November 21, 2021Posted by malvuln on Nov 21Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/290477c9707f64a316888493ae67b1ef.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Antilam.11 Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution Description: The malware listens on TCP ports 29559, 47891. Third party attackers who can reach infected systems can execute commands made available by the backdoor....
- Backdoor.Win32.Curioso.zp / Insecure Permissions November 21, 2021Posted by malvuln on Nov 21Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/1ae08493913b2a0c8cbcb0541da5a8bc.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Curioso.zp Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: The malware creates a dir with insecure permissions under c:\ drive granting change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can rename the...
- Backdoor.Win32.Acropolis.10 / Insecure Permissions November 21, 2021Posted by malvuln on Nov 21Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/e865fc7225c84165d7aa0c7d8a1bcb77.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Acropolis.10 Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: The malware writes an .EXE with insecure permissions under c:\ drive granting change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can rename the...
- Open-Xchange Security Advisory 2021-11-19 November 21, 2021Posted by Open-Xchange GmbH via Fulldisclosure on Nov 21Dear subscribers, we're sharing our latest advisory with you and like to thank everyone who contributed in finding and solving those vulnerabilities. Feel free to join our bug bounty programs for OX AppSuite, Dovecot and PowerDNS at HackerOne. Yours sincerely, Martin Heiland, Open-Xchange GmbH Product: OX App […]
Tempo di lettura: 5 minUtilizzo del Machine Learning per proteggere i dati Introdotto nel gennaio 2017, Acronis Act… https://t.co/mhqalBxm8D
Gli attacchi informatici sono numerosi e non fanno distinzione tra aziende e singoli individui quando prendono di m… https://t.co/uOucUWZf7W
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes SNYPR è uno strumento di analisi della sicurezza in grado di trasformare i Big… https://t.co/oies7e0nYY
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes Con l’avvento delle piattaforme di big data, le aziende che si occupano di sicu… https://t.co/MSvA0dPgiE
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes With the advent of big data platforms, IT security companies can now make guid… https://t.co/aTv41eq2Ir