Zabbix: Web console for monitoring
An indispensable tool for keeping complex infrastructure controlled is a monitoring system. Secure Online Desktop (SOD) Web Console does just that: it offers the tools to control a network of machines and devices to verify its efficiency. Web Console is based on Zabbix, a scalable Open Source platform with huge capabilities.
Among the advantages of the SOD Web Console, there are the possibility of using agent less under some circumstances the great possibility of customization. The platform offered allows scripting in various languages, including Python, Perl or directly in the shell, just to give examples.
Monitoring with Web Console and Zabbix
To collect data from the infrastructure, it is necessary to install so-called software agents for the machines to be monitored. These software use native processes and free from the need to have dedicated environments such as Java or .Net.
The data collected by the agents are sent to a server that collects all the metrics and provides them to the console. From here it is then possible to analyze them, manipulate them and set triggers of notifications or automations useful for management.
When communicating between the components of the Zabbix monitoring system, only authorized IPs are accepted. Since the other connections are not accepted, security is guaranteed during data transfers between the software.
Web Console functionality
Every aspect of the infrastructure can be monitored through the Web Console offered by SOD. Even if it is not possible to install additional software, there is a limited control action without agents installed. This solution allows you to collect metrics on the responsiveness and availability of standard services, such as mail or web servers.
Scalability of data collection
The Zabbix system offered by the SOD Web Console is able to recover data and metrics from any device or software. Through the use of different control protocols, the available software agents are able to collect any type of data.
Through the Zabbix agents used, the data collected is complete and includes both hardware and software metrics.
For example, metrics from infrastructure network hardware are collected by SNMP agents. An optimal solution for network capacity management and planning. The measurements include the use of memory, CPU, RAM and the status of the logical ports of the controlled peripherals.
The controls include more levels of system complexity. Agents can collect information from:
– Hardware (CPU, fans, storage media, etc.)
– Network (ports used, memory usage, etc.)
– Operating systems (Unix, Windows, MacOs, etc.)
– Middleware software (Oracle, MySql, Apache, etc.)
– Web applications
– Cloud resources
Monitoring web services
The built-in system for monitoring web services is worthy of specific mention.
Through the use of this function, it is possible to define the sequential steps to be performed for the analysis of a website. It is possible to monitor the site response speed and downloads, for example. But also availability, as well as data relating to e-commerce portals and other web based applications.
SOD Web Console is scalable and adaptable to the size of the infrastructure. From the small corporate IT network, to even very complex solutions from thousands of machines and devices. A single installation can support up to 3,000,000 checks per minute, collecting gigabytes of data per day.
Furthermore, through the use of proxy software components, it is possible to distribute the data collection and decentralize the calculation operations. In this way the control of ports and connections is more easily managed.
You can organize your network into sections where metrics are collected and calculated independently. The proxy in charge of the calculation will be the only connection outgoing from the subsystem.
Notifications and triggers
An efficient monitoring strategy provides not only the collection of data, but also a system for which any anomaly is reported in order to be able to intervene promptly.
The SOD Web Console implements a customizable system of triggers and notifications to be always informed in case something is not going as it should.
Ideally, once the first data is collected, the thresholds of values considered “normal” are established. On the basis of these, a notification system is customized which immediately communicates the exceeding of a safety threshold of certain parameters.
The management of metrics is thus very lightened by an automatic verification of their values. When a parameter presents an anomalous value, one would be immediately informed.
The notification methods supported are: email, SMS, Jabber or through other methods customizable through scripting.
How to request and install Web Console
It is possible to request SOD Web Console after a first initial meeting with our network architect. On that occasion, the computer perimeters of the network to be monitored and what the alarm notification modes are defined.
After this first step, our team will take care of installing all the software needed to collect metrics on the systems involved. Once these operations are completed, the system will be ready and accessible from a console in the cloud. The access data are provided only after the installation of the entire control system.
From the Web Console you will be able to check all monitored metrics, check performance and manage notifications.
Download the brochure or try a demo of the Web Console.
How to have your computer network under control
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Acronis Cloud Backup (11)
- Veeam Cloud Connect (4)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (170)
- Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) (6)
- Ethical Phishing (8)
- Penetration Test (5)
- SOCaaS (55)
- Vulnerabilities (84)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Twitter's Source Code Leak on GitHub a Potential Cyber Nightmare March 27, 2023Indicators point to Twitter's source code being publicly available for around 3 months, offering a developer security object lesson for businesses.
- 7 Women Leading the Charge in Cybersecurity Research & Analysis March 27, 2023From rising stars to veterans heading up research teams, check out our profiles of women making a big impact in cyber defense as the threat landscape expands.
- Drive to Pervasive Encryption Boosts Key Management March 27, 2023Key vaults, aka key-management-as-a-service (KMaaS), promise to allow companies to encrypt sensitive data across cloud and third parties with granular control.
- Cybersecurity vs. Everyone: From Conflict to Collaboration March 27, 2023Don't assume stakeholders outside security understand your goals and priorities, but consider how you'll communicate with them to gain their support.
- CyberSecure Announces Strategic Alliance March 24, 2023The joint partnership represents expanded market opportunities.
- Tesla Model 3 Hacked in Less Than 2 Minutes at Pwn2Own Contest March 24, 2023In two days, ethical researchers from 10 countries have unearthed more than 22 zero-day bugs in a wide range of technologies at the annual hacking contest.
- GitHub's Private RSA SSH Key Mistakenly Exposed in Public Repository March 24, 2023GitHub hastens to replace its RSA SSH host key after an exposure mishap threatens users with man-in-the-middle attacks and organization impersonation.
- Zoom Zoom: 'Dark Power' Ransomware Extorts 10 Targets in Less Than a Month March 24, 2023A new threat actor is racking up victims and showing unusual agility. Part of its success could spring from the use of the Nim programming language.
- Malicious ChatGPT Extensions Add to Google Chrome Woes March 24, 2023The second malicious ChatGPT extension for Chrome has been discovered, giving malicious actors access to users' Facebook accounts through stolen cookies.
- Red Teaming at Scale to Uncover Your Big Unknowns March 24, 2023A contrarian mindset with applied imagination allows security professionals to assess problems in their organizations, prevent failures, and mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Defense in depth -- the Microsoft way (part 84): (no) fun with %COMSPEC% March 24, 2023Posted by Stefan Kanthak on Mar 24Hi @ll, the documentation of the builtin START command of Windows NT's command processor CMD.EXE states: | When you run a command that contains the string "CMD" as the first | token without an extension or path qualifier, "CMD" is replaced | with the value of the COMSPEC variable. […]
- Invitation to the World Cryptologic Competition 2023 March 22, 2023Posted by Competition Administrator on Mar 21The WCC 2023 is a fully-online and open competition using GitHub. The language of the competition is English. The WCC 2023 has a total duration of 295 days, from Sunday January 1st 2023 to Monday October 23rd 2023. Teams and Judges must complete registration before Wednesday June 1st. The […]
- Insecure python cgi documentation and tutorials are vulnerable to XSS. March 22, 2023Posted by Georgi Guninski on Mar 21Is there low hanging fruit for the following observation? The documentation of the python cgi module is vulnerable to XSS (cross site scripting) https://docs.python.org/3/library/cgi.html ``` form = cgi.FieldStorage() print("name:", form["name"].value) print("addr:", form["addr"].value) ``` First result on google for "tutorial python cgi" is...
- Re: Microsoft PlayReady security research March 22, 2023Posted by Adam Gowdiak on Mar 21Hello, I feel obliged to provide additional comments to this paragraph as I start to believe that CANAL+ might not deserve sole blame here... While Microsoft claims there is absolutely no bug at its end, I personally start to perceive the company as the one that should be also […]
- Re: Defense in depth -- the Microsoft way (part 83): instead to fix even their most stupid mistaskes, they spill barrels of snakeoil to cover them (or just leave them as-is) March 22, 2023Posted by Arik Seils on Mar 21Hi there, One can use the Metasploit Framework Module post/windows/local/bypassua _fodhelper to achieve this. Greetings from Germany, A.Seils 17.03.2023 06:26:56 Stefan Kanthak :
- Re: Microsoft PlayReady security research March 21, 2023Posted by Security Explorations on Mar 21Hello, I feel obliged to provide additional comments to this paragraph as I start to believe that CANAL+ might not deserve sole blame here... While Microsoft claims there is absolutely no bug at its end, I personally start to perceive the company as the one that should be also […]
- Defense in depth -- the Microsoft way (part 83): instead to fix even their most stupid mistaskes, they spill barrels of snakeoil to cover them (or just leave them as-is) March 17, 2023Posted by Stefan Kanthak on Mar 16Hi @ll, with Windows 2000, Microsoft virtualised the [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT] registry branch: what was just an alias for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes] before became the overlay of [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes] and [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes] with the latter having precedence: Note: while [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes] is writable only by...
- [CFP] Security BSides Ljubljana 0x7E7 | June 16, 2023 March 17, 2023Posted by Andraz Sraka on Mar 16MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNmddmNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMN..-..--+MMNy:...-.-/yNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMy..ymd-.:Mm::-:osyo-..-mMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MM:..---.:dM/..+NNyyMN/..:MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Mm../dds.-oy.-.dMh--mMds++MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM My:::::/ydMmo..-hMMMmo//omMs/+Mm+++++shNMN+//+//+oMNy+///ohM MMMs//yMNo+hMh---m:-:hy+sMN..+Mo..os+.-:Ny--ossssdN-.:yyo+mM...
- Full Disclosure - Fastly March 12, 2023Posted by Andrey Stoykov on Mar 11Correspondence from Fastly declined to comment regarding new discovered vulnerabilities within their website. Poor practices regarding password changes. 1. Reset user password 2. Access link sent 3. Temporary password sent plaintext // HTTP POST request POST /user/mwebsec%40gmail.com/password/request_reset HTTP/2 Host: api.fastly.com User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:108.0) Gecko/20100101 […]
- Full Disclosure - Shopify Application March 12, 2023Posted by Andrey Stoykov on Mar 11Correspondence from Shopify declined to comment regarding new discovered vulnerabilities within their website. Although 'frontend' vulnerabilities are considered out of scope, person/tester foundhimself a beefy bugbounty from the same page that has been listed below, including similar functionality that has not been tested yet. Two emails and several reports, […]
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF
Copyright © 2011 Secure Online Desktop s.r.l. All Rights Reserved.