Zabbix: Web console for monitoring
An indispensable tool for keeping complex infrastructure controlled is a monitoring system. Secure Online Desktop (SOD) Web Console does just that: it offers the tools to control a network of machines and devices to verify its efficiency. Web Console is based on Zabbix, a scalable Open Source platform with huge capabilities.
Among the advantages of the SOD Web Console, there are the possibility of using agent less under some circumstances the great possibility of customization. The platform offered allows scripting in various languages, including Python, Perl or directly in the shell, just to give examples.
Monitoring with Web Console and Zabbix
To collect data from the infrastructure, it is necessary to install so-called software agents for the machines to be monitored. These software use native processes and free from the need to have dedicated environments such as Java or .Net.
The data collected by the agents are sent to a server that collects all the metrics and provides them to the console. From here it is then possible to analyze them, manipulate them and set triggers of notifications or automations useful for management.
When communicating between the components of the Zabbix monitoring system, only authorized IPs are accepted. Since the other connections are not accepted, security is guaranteed during data transfers between the software.
Web Console functionality
Every aspect of the infrastructure can be monitored through the Web Console offered by SOD. Even if it is not possible to install additional software, there is a limited control action without agents installed. This solution allows you to collect metrics on the responsiveness and availability of standard services, such as mail or web servers.
Scalability of data collection
The Zabbix system offered by the SOD Web Console is able to recover data and metrics from any device or software. Through the use of different control protocols, the available software agents are able to collect any type of data.
Through the Zabbix agents used, the data collected is complete and includes both hardware and software metrics.
For example, metrics from infrastructure network hardware are collected by SNMP agents. An optimal solution for network capacity management and planning. The measurements include the use of memory, CPU, RAM and the status of the logical ports of the controlled peripherals.
The controls include more levels of system complexity. Agents can collect information from:
– Hardware (CPU, fans, storage media, etc.)
– Network (ports used, memory usage, etc.)
– Operating systems (Unix, Windows, MacOs, etc.)
– Middleware software (Oracle, MySql, Apache, etc.)
– Web applications
– Cloud resources
Monitoring web services
The built-in system for monitoring web services is worthy of specific mention.
Through the use of this function, it is possible to define the sequential steps to be performed for the analysis of a website. It is possible to monitor the site response speed and downloads, for example. But also availability, as well as data relating to e-commerce portals and other web based applications.
SOD Web Console is scalable and adaptable to the size of the infrastructure. From the small corporate IT network, to even very complex solutions from thousands of machines and devices. A single installation can support up to 3,000,000 checks per minute, collecting gigabytes of data per day.
Furthermore, through the use of proxy software components, it is possible to distribute the data collection and decentralize the calculation operations. In this way the control of ports and connections is more easily managed.
You can organize your network into sections where metrics are collected and calculated independently. The proxy in charge of the calculation will be the only connection outgoing from the subsystem.
Notifications and triggers
An efficient monitoring strategy provides not only the collection of data, but also a system for which any anomaly is reported in order to be able to intervene promptly.
The SOD Web Console implements a customizable system of triggers and notifications to be always informed in case something is not going as it should.
Ideally, once the first data is collected, the thresholds of values considered “normal” are established. On the basis of these, a notification system is customized which immediately communicates the exceeding of a safety threshold of certain parameters.
The management of metrics is thus very lightened by an automatic verification of their values. When a parameter presents an anomalous value, one would be immediately informed.
The notification methods supported are: email, SMS, Jabber or through other methods customizable through scripting.
How to request and install Web Console
It is possible to request SOD Web Console after a first initial meeting with our network architect. On that occasion, the computer perimeters of the network to be monitored and what the alarm notification modes are defined.
After this first step, our team will take care of installing all the software needed to collect metrics on the systems involved. Once these operations are completed, the system will be ready and accessible from a console in the cloud. The access data are provided only after the installation of the entire control system.
From the Web Console you will be able to check all monitored metrics, check performance and manage notifications.
- Hadoop Open Data Model: “open” data collection
- Pass the Ticket: how to mitigate it with a SOCaaS
- Use cases of a SOCaaS for companies part 2
- Use cases of a SOCaaS for companies part 1
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- “Left of boom” and “right of boom”: having a winning strategy
- Smishing: a fraud similar to phishing
- Network Traffic Analyzer: an extra gear for the Next Gen SIEM
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (20)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (4)
- Log Management (2)
- News (18)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (148)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Russia Takes Down REvil Ransomware Operation, Arrests Key Members January 14, 2022Timing of the move has evoked at least some skepticism from security experts about the country's true motives.
- The Cybersecurity Measures CTOs Are Actually Implementing January 14, 2022Companies look to multifactor authentication and identity and access management to block attacks, but hedge their bets with disaster recovery.
- Maryland Dept. of Health Responds to Ransomware Attack January 14, 2022An attack discovered on Dec. 4, 2021 forced the Maryland Department of Health to take some of its systems offline.
- White House Meets With Software Firms and Open Source Orgs on Security January 14, 2022The Log4j vulnerability is only the latest security flaw to have global impact, prompting the Biden administration and software developers to pledge to produce more secure software.
- What's Next for Patch Management: Automation January 14, 2022The next five years will bring the widespread use of hyperautomation in patch management. Part 3 of 3.
- BlueNoroff Threat Group Targets Cryptocurrency Startups January 13, 2022A series of attacks against small and medium-sized businesses has led to major cryptocurrency losses for the victims.
- Fighting Back Against Pegasus, Other Advanced Mobile Malware January 13, 2022Detecting infection traces from Pegasus and other APTs can be tricky, complicated by iOS and Android security features.
- How to Protect Your Phone from Pegasus and Other APTs January 13, 2022The good news is that you can take steps to avoid advanced persistent threats. The bad news is that it might cost you iMessage. And FaceTime.
- New Vulnerabilities Highlight Risks of Trust in Public Cloud January 13, 2022Major cloud providers are vulnerable to exploitation because a single flaw can be turned into a global attack using trusted core services.
- How Cybercriminals Are Cashing in on the Culture of 'Yes' January 13, 2022The reward is always front of mind, while the potential harm of giving out a phone number doesn't immediately reveal itself.
- Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel / Unauthenticated Remote Data Deletion January 16, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 16Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/8abb41f6e7010d70c90f65fd9a740faa_C.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Data Deletion Description: The Mars-Stealer web interface has a "Grab Rules" component area that lets a user specify which type of files to collect from […]
- Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel / Unauthenticated Remote Persistent XSS January 16, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 16Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/8abb41f6e7010d70c90f65fd9a740faa_B.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Persistent XSS Description: The Mars-Stealer web interface has a "Marker Rules" component area. Third-party attackers who can reach the Mars-Stealer server can send HTTP...
- Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel / Unauthenticated Remote Information Disclosure January 16, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 16Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/8abb41f6e7010d70c90f65fd9a740faa.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Information Disclosure Description: The malware web interface stores screen captures named "screenshot.jpg" in the panel directory, ZIP archived. Third-party attackers who...
- Ab Stealer Web Panel / Unauthenticated Remote Persistent XSS January 16, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 16Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/9e44c10307aa8194753896ecf8102167.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Ab Stealer Web Panel Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Persistent XSS Description: The "Ab Stealer" web Panel By KingDomSc for "AbBuild v.1.0.exe" is used to browse victim information "Get All Victims Passwords, With...
- SEC Consult SA-20220113-0 :: Cleartext Storage of Phone Password in Cisco IP Phones January 14, 2022Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research on Jan 14SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20220113-0 > ======================================================================= title: Cleartext Storage of Phone Password product: Cisco IP Phone Series 78x1, 88x5, 88x1, 7832, 8832, 8821 and 3905 vulnerable version: Firmware
- 🐞 Call for Papers for Hardwear.io USA 2022 is OPEN! January 14, 2022Posted by Andrea Simonca on Jan 14Hello, We are happy to announce that the CFP for Hardwear.io USA 2022 is OPEN! If you have a groundbreaking embedded research or an awesome open-source tool you’d like to showcase before the global hardware security community, this is your chance. Send in your ideas on various hardware subjects, […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-01-12-1 iOS 15.2.1 and iPadOS 15.2.1 January 12, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 12APPLE-SA-2022-01-12-1 iOS 15.2.1 and iPadOS 15.2.1 iOS 15.2.1 and iPadOS 15.2.1 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213043. HomeKit Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, […]
- Reprise License Manager 14.2 - Reflected Cross-Site Scripting January 12, 2022Posted by Gionathan Reale via Fulldisclosure on Jan 12# Product: RLM 14.2 # Vendor: Reprise Software # CVE ID: CVE-2021-45422 # Vulnerability Title: Reflected Cross-Site Scripting # Severity: Medium # Author(s): Giulia Melotti Garibaldi # Date: 2022-01-11 # ############################################################# Introduction: An issue was discovered in Reprise License Manager 14.2, Reprise License Manager 14.2 is affected […]
- [RT-SA-2021-009] Credential Disclosure in Web Interface of Crestron Device January 12, 2022Posted by RedTeam Pentesting GmbH on Jan 12Advisory: Credential Disclosure in Web Interface of Crestron Device When the administrative web interface of the Crestron HDMI switcher is accessed unauthenticated, user credentials are disclosed which are valid to authenticate to the web interface. Details ======= Product: Crestron HD-MD4X2-4K-E Affected Versions: 18.104.22.1689 Fixed Versions: - Vulnerability Type: […]
- Backdoor.Win32.Controlit.10 / Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution January 11, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 11Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/859aab793a42868343346163bd42f485.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Controlit.10 Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution Description: The malware listens on TCP port 3347. Third-party attackers who can reach an infected system can run any OS commands made available by the […]
Tempo di lettura: 5 minUtilizzo del Machine Learning per proteggere i dati Introdotto nel gennaio 2017, Acronis Act… https://t.co/mhqalBxm8D
Gli attacchi informatici sono numerosi e non fanno distinzione tra aziende e singoli individui quando prendono di m… https://t.co/uOucUWZf7W
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes SNYPR è uno strumento di analisi della sicurezza in grado di trasformare i Big… https://t.co/oies7e0nYY
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes Con l’avvento delle piattaforme di big data, le aziende che si occupano di sicu… https://t.co/MSvA0dPgiE