Plesk panel: available applications
On the web there are many open source applications that allow you to manage the most various situations. It is common practice for these applications to be available for installation from your hosting control panel. The Plesk panel makes no exceptions. So let’s see what are the main applications available for installation.
How to install applications from the Plesk panel
Installing the apps from the Plesk panel is very simple. First of all it is necessary to click on the Applications menu, then select the All Available Applications tab, and finally choose the sector of the application you want to use.
The choice can be complicated, especially due to the large amount of applications available. Let’s see the most important ones together.
WordPress is a cutting-edge semantic platform for personal publishing, with particular attention to aesthetics, web standards and usability.
WordPress is free and invaluable at the same time. More simply: it is what you use when you want to collaborate with a blogging software and not fight for any changes to be made. With WordPress you can create any type of website: a blog or personal website, a company portal, a professional portfolio, a government website, a magazine or an online newspaper.
WordPress allows you to make the site beautiful and captivating with themes and also extend its functionality with plugins. Being open source, it is also possible to integrate your own themes and plugins. Among the applications available in the Plesk panel, this is probably the most famous.
Joomla! is a powerful open source content management system. It is used for the management of simple websites or complex business applications. The well-known competitor of WordPress could not miss in the Plesk panel.
It is easy to install, simple to manage and reliable. Once Joomla! is up and running, even non-technical users can easily add or edit content, update images and manage critical data. Anyone with basic word processing skills can easily learn how to manage a Joomla!
SugarCRM allows companies to efficiently organize, populate and maintain information on all aspects of customer relationships.
It provides integrated management of corporate information on customer accounts and contacts, sales leads and opportunities, as well as activities such as calls, meetings and assigned tasks. The system seamlessly merges all the features needed to manage information on many aspects of your business in an intuitive and easy-to-use graphical interface.
BBclone is a web counter written in PHP. It looks similar to Webstats, but it’s not just a counter. BBClone provides a detailed view of website visitors. It does this by showing specific visitor data, such as IP, browser and so on, not just showing a total visitor count.
This is very useful for webmasters of low to medium traffic websites who want to see who visits their sites, which browsers they use, where they come from, etc.
Please note that BBclone is not useful for high traffic websites where you only need agreed data.
In the Plesk panel, the Open-Source software n. 1 in Europe for e-commerce. More than 275,000 members of the community are already experimenting with the ease of use and management of this innovative solution, for a profitable e-commerce business.
Prestashop has had numerous outstanding achievements and developments over the years. The application provides modules, themes and services that will allow you to customize and implement the e-commerce site according to specific needs.
The products offered on PrestaShop Addons are developed by PrestaShop and its community of developers.
The Plesk panel also satisfies those who want to open a community. Through applications such as MediaWiki, it is possible to create virtual places for interaction and dissemination of notions.
MediaWiki is used by companies as an internal solution for knowledge management and as a content management system. It is written in PHP and can use both the MySQL and PostgreSQL relational database management systems. MediaWiki supports more than 70 languages; it is scalable and customizable.
With this application it is really possible to create repositories for the knowledge of a specific niche, for example, or for the customers of your company. Wouldn’t it be great to have a place where customers can find all the documentation of the products on sale?
Buying a hosting service, such as that offered by SOD, is only the first step in designing and offering quality content to the public. The next steps are the choice of the type of application and the implementation of the contents themselves. As we have seen in this article, the choice offered by the Plesk panel of our hosting is truly remarkable, and I have listed only the most famous. You can also find applications for customer support and online forum management.
All great opportunities for development, they are simple to install and easy to manage thanks to the Plesk control panel.
- Hadoop Open Data Model: “open” data collection
- Pass the Ticket: how to mitigate it with a SOCaaS
- Use cases of a SOCaaS for companies part 2
- Use cases of a SOCaaS for companies part 1
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- “Left of boom” and “right of boom”: having a winning strategy
- Smishing: a fraud similar to phishing
- Network Traffic Analyzer: an extra gear for the Next Gen SIEM
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (20)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (4)
- Log Management (2)
- News (18)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (148)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Russia Takes Down REvil Ransomware Operation, Arrests Key Members January 14, 2022Timing of the move has evoked at least some skepticism from security experts about the country's true motives.
- The Cybersecurity Measures CTOs Are Actually Implementing January 14, 2022Companies look to multifactor authentication and identity and access management to block attacks, but hedge their bets with disaster recovery.
- Maryland Dept. of Health Responds to Ransomware Attack January 14, 2022An attack discovered on Dec. 4, 2021 forced the Maryland Department of Health to take some of its systems offline.
- White House Meets With Software Firms and Open Source Orgs on Security January 14, 2022The Log4j vulnerability is only the latest security flaw to have global impact, prompting the Biden administration and software developers to pledge to produce more secure software.
- What's Next for Patch Management: Automation January 14, 2022The next five years will bring the widespread use of hyperautomation in patch management. Part 3 of 3.
- BlueNoroff Threat Group Targets Cryptocurrency Startups January 13, 2022A series of attacks against small and medium-sized businesses has led to major cryptocurrency losses for the victims.
- Fighting Back Against Pegasus, Other Advanced Mobile Malware January 13, 2022Detecting infection traces from Pegasus and other APTs can be tricky, complicated by iOS and Android security features.
- How to Protect Your Phone from Pegasus and Other APTs January 13, 2022The good news is that you can take steps to avoid advanced persistent threats. The bad news is that it might cost you iMessage. And FaceTime.
- New Vulnerabilities Highlight Risks of Trust in Public Cloud January 13, 2022Major cloud providers are vulnerable to exploitation because a single flaw can be turned into a global attack using trusted core services.
- How Cybercriminals Are Cashing in on the Culture of 'Yes' January 13, 2022The reward is always front of mind, while the potential harm of giving out a phone number doesn't immediately reveal itself.
- Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel / Unauthenticated Remote Data Deletion January 16, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 16Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/8abb41f6e7010d70c90f65fd9a740faa_C.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Data Deletion Description: The Mars-Stealer web interface has a "Grab Rules" component area that lets a user specify which type of files to collect from […]
- Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel / Unauthenticated Remote Persistent XSS January 16, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 16Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/8abb41f6e7010d70c90f65fd9a740faa_B.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Persistent XSS Description: The Mars-Stealer web interface has a "Marker Rules" component area. Third-party attackers who can reach the Mars-Stealer server can send HTTP...
- Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel / Unauthenticated Remote Information Disclosure January 16, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 16Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/8abb41f6e7010d70c90f65fd9a740faa.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Win32.MarsStealer Web Panel Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Information Disclosure Description: The malware web interface stores screen captures named "screenshot.jpg" in the panel directory, ZIP archived. Third-party attackers who...
- Ab Stealer Web Panel / Unauthenticated Remote Persistent XSS January 16, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 16Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/9e44c10307aa8194753896ecf8102167.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Ab Stealer Web Panel Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Persistent XSS Description: The "Ab Stealer" web Panel By KingDomSc for "AbBuild v.1.0.exe" is used to browse victim information "Get All Victims Passwords, With...
- SEC Consult SA-20220113-0 :: Cleartext Storage of Phone Password in Cisco IP Phones January 14, 2022Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research on Jan 14SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20220113-0 > ======================================================================= title: Cleartext Storage of Phone Password product: Cisco IP Phone Series 78x1, 88x5, 88x1, 7832, 8832, 8821 and 3905 vulnerable version: Firmware
- 🐞 Call for Papers for Hardwear.io USA 2022 is OPEN! January 14, 2022Posted by Andrea Simonca on Jan 14Hello, We are happy to announce that the CFP for Hardwear.io USA 2022 is OPEN! If you have a groundbreaking embedded research or an awesome open-source tool you’d like to showcase before the global hardware security community, this is your chance. Send in your ideas on various hardware subjects, […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-01-12-1 iOS 15.2.1 and iPadOS 15.2.1 January 12, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 12APPLE-SA-2022-01-12-1 iOS 15.2.1 and iPadOS 15.2.1 iOS 15.2.1 and iPadOS 15.2.1 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213043. HomeKit Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, […]
- Reprise License Manager 14.2 - Reflected Cross-Site Scripting January 12, 2022Posted by Gionathan Reale via Fulldisclosure on Jan 12# Product: RLM 14.2 # Vendor: Reprise Software # CVE ID: CVE-2021-45422 # Vulnerability Title: Reflected Cross-Site Scripting # Severity: Medium # Author(s): Giulia Melotti Garibaldi # Date: 2022-01-11 # ############################################################# Introduction: An issue was discovered in Reprise License Manager 14.2, Reprise License Manager 14.2 is affected […]
- [RT-SA-2021-009] Credential Disclosure in Web Interface of Crestron Device January 12, 2022Posted by RedTeam Pentesting GmbH on Jan 12Advisory: Credential Disclosure in Web Interface of Crestron Device When the administrative web interface of the Crestron HDMI switcher is accessed unauthenticated, user credentials are disclosed which are valid to authenticate to the web interface. Details ======= Product: Crestron HD-MD4X2-4K-E Affected Versions: 188.8.131.529 Fixed Versions: - Vulnerability Type: […]
- Backdoor.Win32.Controlit.10 / Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution January 11, 2022Posted by malvuln on Jan 11Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/859aab793a42868343346163bd42f485.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Controlit.10 Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution Description: The malware listens on TCP port 3347. Third-party attackers who can reach an infected system can run any OS commands made available by the […]
Tempo di lettura: 5 minUtilizzo del Machine Learning per proteggere i dati Introdotto nel gennaio 2017, Acronis Act… https://t.co/mhqalBxm8D
Gli attacchi informatici sono numerosi e non fanno distinzione tra aziende e singoli individui quando prendono di m… https://t.co/uOucUWZf7W
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes SNYPR è uno strumento di analisi della sicurezza in grado di trasformare i Big… https://t.co/oies7e0nYY
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes Con l’avvento delle piattaforme di big data, le aziende che si occupano di sicu… https://t.co/MSvA0dPgiE