Plesk panel: available applications
On the web there are many open source applications that allow you to manage the most various situations. It is common practice for these applications to be available for installation from your hosting control panel. The Plesk panel makes no exceptions. So let’s see what are the main applications available for installation.
How to install applications from the Plesk panel
Installing the apps from the Plesk panel is very simple. First of all it is necessary to click on the Applications menu, then select the All Available Applications tab, and finally choose the sector of the application you want to use.
The choice can be complicated, especially due to the large amount of applications available. Let’s see the most important ones together.
WordPress is a cutting-edge semantic platform for personal publishing, with particular attention to aesthetics, web standards and usability.
WordPress is free and invaluable at the same time. More simply: it is what you use when you want to collaborate with a blogging software and not fight for any changes to be made. With WordPress you can create any type of website: a blog or personal website, a company portal, a professional portfolio, a government website, a magazine or an online newspaper.
WordPress allows you to make the site beautiful and captivating with themes and also extend its functionality with plugins. Being open source, it is also possible to integrate your own themes and plugins. Among the applications available in the Plesk panel, this is probably the most famous.
Joomla! is a powerful open source content management system. It is used for the management of simple websites or complex business applications. The well-known competitor of WordPress could not miss in the Plesk panel.
It is easy to install, simple to manage and reliable. Once Joomla! is up and running, even non-technical users can easily add or edit content, update images and manage critical data. Anyone with basic word processing skills can easily learn how to manage a Joomla!
SugarCRM allows companies to efficiently organize, populate and maintain information on all aspects of customer relationships.
It provides integrated management of corporate information on customer accounts and contacts, sales leads and opportunities, as well as activities such as calls, meetings and assigned tasks. The system seamlessly merges all the features needed to manage information on many aspects of your business in an intuitive and easy-to-use graphical interface.
BBclone is a web counter written in PHP. It looks similar to Webstats, but it’s not just a counter. BBClone provides a detailed view of website visitors. It does this by showing specific visitor data, such as IP, browser and so on, not just showing a total visitor count.
This is very useful for webmasters of low to medium traffic websites who want to see who visits their sites, which browsers they use, where they come from, etc.
Please note that BBclone is not useful for high traffic websites where you only need agreed data.
In the Plesk panel, the Open-Source software n. 1 in Europe for e-commerce. More than 275,000 members of the community are already experimenting with the ease of use and management of this innovative solution, for a profitable e-commerce business.
Prestashop has had numerous outstanding achievements and developments over the years. The application provides modules, themes and services that will allow you to customize and implement the e-commerce site according to specific needs.
The products offered on PrestaShop Addons are developed by PrestaShop and its community of developers.
The Plesk panel also satisfies those who want to open a community. Through applications such as MediaWiki, it is possible to create virtual places for interaction and dissemination of notions.
MediaWiki is used by companies as an internal solution for knowledge management and as a content management system. It is written in PHP and can use both the MySQL and PostgreSQL relational database management systems. MediaWiki supports more than 70 languages; it is scalable and customizable.
With this application it is really possible to create repositories for the knowledge of a specific niche, for example, or for the customers of your company. Wouldn’t it be great to have a place where customers can find all the documentation of the products on sale?
Buying a hosting service, such as that offered by SOD, is only the first step in designing and offering quality content to the public. The next steps are the choice of the type of application and the implementation of the contents themselves. As we have seen in this article, the choice offered by the Plesk panel of our hosting is truly remarkable, and I have listed only the most famous. You can also find applications for customer support and online forum management.
All great opportunities for development, they are simple to install and easy to manage thanks to the Plesk control panel.
- Prevent shoulder surfing and theft of corporate credentials
- HTTP / 3, everything you need to know about the latest version protocol
- Machine learning and cybersecurity: UEBA applications and security
- Logic Bomb: what they are and how to prevent them
- Pass the hash: how to gain access without password
- Ransomware and NAS: a risk that is not considered
- SIEM monitoring: best practices
- Cyber Threat Hunting: on the hunt for security threats
- Backup as a Service (2)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (20)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (4)
- Log Management (2)
- News (17)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (6)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (9)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Clear & Present Danger: Data Hoarding Undermines Better Security April 13, 2021Facebook and Google can identify patterns of attack within their own data, but smaller businesses rarely see enough traffic to successfully identify an attack or warn users.
- Biden Nominates Former NSA Officials for Top Cybersecurity Roles April 12, 2021President Biden has nominated Jen Easterly as the new director of CISA and is expected to nominate Chris Inglis as the first national cyber director.
- Microsoft Warns of Malware Delivery via Google URLs April 12, 2021A new campaign abuses legitimate website contact forms to send URLs that ultimately deliver the IcedID banking Trojan.
- Federal Reserve Chairman Says Cyber-Risk a Top Threat to National Economy April 12, 2021Jerome Powell tells 60 Minutes that cyberattacks have the potential to do major damage to US financial system.
- Microsoft Uses Machine Learning to Predict Attackers' Next Steps April 12, 2021Researchers build a model to attribute attacks to specific groups based on tactics, techniques, and procedures, and then figure out their next move.
- New Malware Downloader Spotted in Targeted Campaigns April 12, 2021Saint Bot is being used to drop stealers on compromised systems but could be used to deliver any malware.
- Omdia Research Spotlight: XDR April 12, 2021Few emerging cybersecurity market segments are garnering more attention than XDR. Here, Omdia highlights its recent research on XDR.
- CISA Launches New Threat Detection Dashboard April 9, 2021Aviary is a new dashboard that works with CISA's Sparrow threat detection tool.
- Unofficial Android App Store APKPure Infected With Malware April 9, 2021The APKPure app store was infected with malware that can download Trojans to other Android devices, researchers report.
- CFP ZeroNights 2021 April 10, 2021Posted by CFP ZeroNights on Apr 09ZeroNights 2021 CFP is OPEN: Offensive and defensive research (15/30/45min). Submit your talk! # About conference Place: Saint-Petersburg, Russia Date: 30 June Timeslots: 15/30/45 min Site: https://zeronights.org # CFP Timeline CFP start: 1 March CFP end: 15 May CFP page: https://01x.cfp.zeronights.ru/zn2021/ # Conditions: A speaker may deliver either a […]
- Backdoor.Win32.Small.n / Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution (SYSTEM) April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/fb24c3509180f463c9deaf2ee6705062.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Small.n Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution (SYSTEM) Description: The backdoor malware listens on TCP Port 1337, upon successful connection we get handed a remote shell from the infected host with SYSTEM...
- [SYSS-2020-032] Open Redirect in Tableau Server (CVE-2021-1629) April 8, 2021Posted by Vladimir Bostanov on Apr 08Advisory ID: SYSS-2020-032 Product: Tableau Server Manufacturer: Tableau Software, LLC, a Salesforce Company Affected Version(s): 2019.4-2019.4.17, 2020.1-2020.1.13, 2020.2-2020.2.10, 2020.3-2020.3.6, 2020.4-2020.4.2 Tested Version(s): 2020.2.1 (20202.20.0525.1210) 64-bit Windows Vulnerability Type: URL Redirection to Untrusted Site (CWE-601) Risk Level: Medium Solution Status: Fixed Manufacturer Notification: 2020-07-29 Solution Date:...
- Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.das / Unauthenticated Open Proxy April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/7afe56286039faf56d4184c476683340.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.das Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Open Proxy Description: The malware drops an hidden executable named "winserv.com" under Windows dir, which accepts TCP connections on port 8080. Afterwards, it connects to a...
- Trojan.Win32.Hotkeychick.d / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/aff493ed1f98ed05c360b462192d2853.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan.Win32.Hotkeychick.d Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: creates an insecure dir named "Sniperscan" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can rename the...
- Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.qiw / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/5cddc4647fb1c59f5dc7f414ada7fad4.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.qiw Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: Genome.qiw creates an insecure dir named "tmp" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can...
- Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.omht / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/01055838361f534ab596b56a19c70fef.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.omht Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: Genome.omht creates an insecure dir named "wjmd97" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can...
- Trojan.Win32.Hosts2.yqf / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/274a6e846c5a4a2b3281198556e5568b.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan.Win32.Hosts2.yqf Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: Hosts2.yqf creates an insecure dir named "mlekaocYUmaae" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can...
- usd20210005: Privileged File Write in Check Point Identity Agent < R81.018.0000 April 8, 2021Posted by Responsible Disclosure via Fulldisclosure on Apr 08### Advisory: Privileged File Write Description =========== The Check Point Identity Agent allows low privileged users to write files to protected locations of the file system. Details ======= Advisory ID: usd-2021-0005 Product: Check Point Identity Agent Affected Version: < R81.018.0000 Vulnerability Type: Symlink Vulnerability Security Risk: High […]
- CVE-2021-26709 - Multiple Pre-Auth Stack Buffer Overflow in D-Link DSL-320B-D1 ADSL Modem April 8, 2021Posted by Gabriele Gristina on Apr 08Multiple Pre-Auth Stack Buffer Overflow in D-Link DSL-320B-D1 ADSL Modem ======== < Table of Contents > ========================================= 0. Overview 1. Details 2. Solution 3. Disclosure Timeline 4. Thanks & Acknowledgements 5. References 6. Credits 7. Legal Notices ======== < 0. Overview > =============================================== Release Date: 7 March 2021 Revision: […]
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Is the threat of a large-scale DDoS attack enough to convince organizations to… https://t.co/sqrHurgPdr
ICON_PLACEHOLDEREstimated reading time: 6 minutes Out of nowhere, someone replies to an email conversation dated… https://t.co/kXIx3FPWfm
L'hacking etico e la salvaguardia del patrimonio aziendale https://t.co/SLncmaZ1ci
ICON_PLACEHOLDERTempo di lettura: 5 minutes Le ransomware gang hanno preso di mira le aziende negli ultimi tempi,… https://t.co/3hF62deo6S
ICON_PLACEHOLDEREstimated reading time: 10 minutes Ingegneria sociale è il termine usato per una vasta gamma di a… https://t.co/gj1hMDdfjn