Plesk panel: available applications
On the web there are many open source applications that allow you to manage the most various situations. It is common practice for these applications to be available for installation from your hosting control panel. The Plesk panel makes no exceptions. So let’s see what are the main applications available for installation.
How to install applications from the Plesk panel
Installing the apps from the Plesk panel is very simple. First of all it is necessary to click on the Applications menu, then select the All Available Applications tab, and finally choose the sector of the application you want to use.
The choice can be complicated, especially due to the large amount of applications available. Let’s see the most important ones together.
WordPress is a cutting-edge semantic platform for personal publishing, with particular attention to aesthetics, web standards and usability.
WordPress is free and invaluable at the same time. More simply: it is what you use when you want to collaborate with a blogging software and not fight for any changes to be made. With WordPress you can create any type of website: a blog or personal website, a company portal, a professional portfolio, a government website, a magazine or an online newspaper.
WordPress allows you to make the site beautiful and captivating with themes and also extend its functionality with plugins. Being open source, it is also possible to integrate your own themes and plugins. Among the applications available in the Plesk panel, this is probably the most famous.
Joomla! is a powerful open source content management system. It is used for the management of simple websites or complex business applications. The well-known competitor of WordPress could not miss in the Plesk panel.
It is easy to install, simple to manage and reliable. Once Joomla! is up and running, even non-technical users can easily add or edit content, update images and manage critical data. Anyone with basic word processing skills can easily learn how to manage a Joomla!
SugarCRM allows companies to efficiently organize, populate and maintain information on all aspects of customer relationships.
It provides integrated management of corporate information on customer accounts and contacts, sales leads and opportunities, as well as activities such as calls, meetings and assigned tasks. The system seamlessly merges all the features needed to manage information on many aspects of your business in an intuitive and easy-to-use graphical interface.
BBclone is a web counter written in PHP. It looks similar to Webstats, but it’s not just a counter. BBClone provides a detailed view of website visitors. It does this by showing specific visitor data, such as IP, browser and so on, not just showing a total visitor count.
This is very useful for webmasters of low to medium traffic websites who want to see who visits their sites, which browsers they use, where they come from, etc.
Please note that BBclone is not useful for high traffic websites where you only need agreed data.
In the Plesk panel, the Open-Source software n. 1 in Europe for e-commerce. More than 275,000 members of the community are already experimenting with the ease of use and management of this innovative solution, for a profitable e-commerce business.
Prestashop has had numerous outstanding achievements and developments over the years. The application provides modules, themes and services that will allow you to customize and implement the e-commerce site according to specific needs.
The products offered on PrestaShop Addons are developed by PrestaShop and its community of developers.
The Plesk panel also satisfies those who want to open a community. Through applications such as MediaWiki, it is possible to create virtual places for interaction and dissemination of notions.
MediaWiki is used by companies as an internal solution for knowledge management and as a content management system. It is written in PHP and can use both the MySQL and PostgreSQL relational database management systems. MediaWiki supports more than 70 languages; it is scalable and customizable.
With this application it is really possible to create repositories for the knowledge of a specific niche, for example, or for the customers of your company. Wouldn’t it be great to have a place where customers can find all the documentation of the products on sale?
Buying a hosting service, such as that offered by SOD, is only the first step in designing and offering quality content to the public. The next steps are the choice of the type of application and the implementation of the contents themselves. As we have seen in this article, the choice offered by the Plesk panel of our hosting is truly remarkable, and I have listed only the most famous. You can also find applications for customer support and online forum management.
All great opportunities for development, they are simple to install and easy to manage thanks to the Plesk control panel.
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (15)
- Security (170)
- Web Hosting (15)
- CyberDanube Security Research 20221124-0 | Authenticated Command Injection Hirschmann BAT-C2 November 29, 2022Posted by Thomas Weber on Nov 29CyberDanube Security Research 20221124-0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- title| Authenticated Command Injection product| Hirschmann (Belden) BAT-C2 vulnerable version| 220.127.116.11R8 fixed version| 09.13.01.00R04 CVE number| CVE-2022-40282 impact| High ...
- Exploiting an N-day vBulletin PHP Object Injection Vulnerability November 29, 2022Posted by Egidio Romano on Nov 29Hello list, Just wanted to share with you my latest blog post: http://karmainsecurity.com/exploiting-an-nday-vbulletin-php-object-injection Best regards, /EgiX
- Win32.Ransom.Conti / Crypto Logic Flaw November 29, 2022Posted by malvuln on Nov 29Discovery / credits: Malvuln (John Page aka hyp3rlinx) (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/99e55ce93392068c970384ab24a0e13d.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Backup media: infosec.exchange/@malvuln Threat: Win32.Ransom.Conti Vulnerability: Crypto Logic Flaw Description: Conti ransomware FAILS to encrypt non PE files that have a ".exe" in the filename. Creating specially crafted file names...
- Ransomware Deception Tactics Part 1 November 29, 2022Posted by malvuln on Nov 29Did you know? some Ransomware like CONTI and others will FAIL to encrypt non PE files that have a ".exe" in the filename. Test.exe.docx Test.exe.pdf Conti MD5: 9eb9197cd58f4417a27621c4e1b25a71 ATOMSILO MD5: 5559e9f5e1645f8554ea020a29a5a3ee
- Trojan.Win32.DarkNeuron.gen / Named Pipe Null DACL November 29, 2022Posted by malvuln on Nov 29Discovery / credits: Malvuln (John Page aka hyp3rlinx) (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/d891c9374ccb2a4cae2274170e8644d8.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Backup media: infosec.exchange/@malvuln Threat: Trojan.Win32.DarkNeuron.gen Vulnerability: Named Pipe Null DACL Family: DarkNeuron (Turla Group) Type: PE32 MD5: d891c9374ccb2a4cae2274170e8644d8 Vuln ID: MVID-2022-0661 Disclosure: 11/24/2022...
- Backdoor.Win32.Autocrat.b / Weak Hardcoded Credentials November 29, 2022Posted by malvuln on Nov 29Discovery / credits: Malvuln (John Page aka hyp3rlinx) (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/4262a8b52b902aa2e6bf02a156d1b8d4.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Backup media: infosec.exchange/@malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Autocrat.b Vulnerability: Weak Hardcoded Credentials Description: The malware is packed with PeCompact, listens on TCP port 8536 and requires authentication. However, the password...
- Backdoor.Win32.Serman.a / Unauthenticated Open Proxy November 29, 2022Posted by malvuln on Nov 29Discovery / credits: Malvuln (John Page aka hyp3rlinx) (c) 2022 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/f312e3a436995b86b205a1a37b1bf10f.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Backup media: infosec.exchange/@malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Serman.a Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Open Proxy Family: Serman Type: PE32 MD5: f312e3a436995b86b205a1a37b1bf10f Vuln ID: MVID-2022-0659 Disclosure: 11/22/2022 Description: The...
- Open-Xchange Security Advisory 2022-11-24 November 29, 2022Posted by Martin Heiland via Fulldisclosure on Nov 29Dear subscribers, we're sharing our latest advisory with you and like to thank everyone who contributed in finding and solving those vulnerabilities. Feel free to join our bug bounty programs for OX AppSuite, Dovecot and PowerDNS at HackerOne and soon at YesWeHack. Yours sincerely, Martin Heiland, Open-Xchange […]
- [CVE-2022-33942] Intel Data Center Manager Console <= 18.104.22.168749 ”UserMgmtHandler" Authentication Logic Error Leading to Authentication Bypass November 29, 2022Posted by Julien Ahrens (RCE Security) on Nov 29RCE Security Advisory https://www.rcesecurity.com 1. ADVISORY INFORMATION ======================= Product: Intel Data Center Manager Vendor URL: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/data-center-manager-console/overview.html Type: Authentication Bypass by Spoofing [CWE-290] Date found: 2022-06-01 Date published: 2022-11-23 CVSSv3 Score: 10.0 (CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H) CVE:...
- crashing potplayer again November 29, 2022Posted by houjingyi on Nov 29I disclosured a crash in potplayer last year : https://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2021/Mar/76 And I found a new one this year, this time is a mid file. Again I contacted Korea Internet & Security Agency(first-team () krcert or kr), they shared report to the onwer of the potplayer, Kakao Corp as they said. […]
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF