HTTP / 3, everything you need to know about the latest version protocol
Security researchers have just digested the HTTP / 2 protocol, but web innovators are already publishing an update: HTTP / 3. This technology offers performance gains and security benefits, but only if we overcome the implementation problems that await us for what appears to be an evolutionary change rather than a real revolution in the way the web works. In…
The threat of DDoS ransomware
Is the threat of a large-scale DDoS attack enough to convince organizations to bow to a ransomware attack? It might be a good time for companies to invest in DDoS protection , as hackers have begun to use the threat of large-scale DDoS attacks to carry out ransomware attacks on organizations . According to a new blog post from Cloudflare,…
Protecting a site in WordPress: security package
Whether it’s WordPress or not, your website is potentially vulnerable to attack. Recent reports have shown that Google blacklists thousands of websites containing malware and phishing attacks every week. Considering how serious the potential security breaches can be for your business, we hope this article informs you why you should always protect your WordPress site. Is protecting a WordPress site…
Plesk panel: available applications
On the web there are many open source applications that allow you to manage the most various situations. It is common practice for these applications to be available for installation from your hosting control panel. The Plesk panel makes no exceptions. So let’s see what are the main applications available for installation. How to install applications from the Plesk panel…
PageSpeed Insight: better speed with Google
If the site is slow, you are losing customers. It’s very simple and there are no kinder ways to say the same thing. The speed of a site is directly proportional to the desire of a user to visit it. To measure your portal you can use a tool made available by Google: PageSpeed Insight. You can access this service…
Node.js via SOD hosting panel
If you are interested in hosting Node.js apps on your web space, we have good news! The control panel offered by SOD, based on Plesk, is equipped with a Node.js extension that allows you to easily manage applications. In this article we see how it is possible to integrate Node through the control panel. Host a Node.js application from the…
cPanel and Plesk the best for hosting management
Most hosting environments use an intuitive interface to help users manage their web spaces. Two very famous panels are cPanel and Plesk, widely used and offered in the SaaS formula. Without these graphical interfaces, it would be difficult to manage a hosting space and set up a site. A lot of time is usually spent managing a web space through…
Updating php: why and how
PHP is one of the most popular scripting languages on the web today. According to W3Techs, PHP is used by over 82% of all websites that use a server-side programming language. This means that 8 out of 10 sites use PHP in one form or another. Being a scripting language, it is essential to update PHP to the latest version…
Manage WordPress from the hosting panel
With Secure Online Desktop hosting plans, you have access to a convenient control panel. In addition to the collection of all information on the status of the server, the management of mailboxes and files, it is also possible to access a dedicated panel to manage WordPress in all its aspects. The section of the panel is called WordPress Toolkit and…
Server hosting for SOD website
Based on what the actual need is, choosing hosting for a website is essential. The resources needed to host a fast and secure portal must be the basis on which to decide which plan to choose. Choosing the right provider for the server hosting plan can be complicated, and it’s easy to get lost in the alternatives that the network…
Online hosting for websites
Online hosting is the process of using space on a remote server to host a website. The content of the pages (HTML, CSS, images, etc.) must be loaded into the server space to be reached online. Website hosting service providers have servers, connectivity and associated services for hosting online pages. By offering a variety of plans for online hosting, they…
CloudFlare free Plesk extension for Webhosting users
ClouCloudFlare protects your websites from online threats and DDoS attacks, while making them twice as fast around the world. CloudFlare runs a globally distributed network. Once you enable CloudFlare on your website via Plesk Admin Panel, the traffic routes through the CloudFlare network before it reaches your server. CloudFlare stops malicious web traffic, fights DDoS attacks and automatically caches and…
Let’s Encrypt Free Certificates for all Webhosting users
Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated and open Certification Authority. The objective of Let’s Encrypt and the ACME protocol is to make it possible to set up an HTTPS server and have it automatically obtain a browser-trusted certificate, without any human intervention. This is accomplished by running a certificate management agent on the web server. With our Webhosting service based on Plesk technology you…
Now available the new WEB HOSTING service and domain registrations by Secure Online Desktop. The web hosting service with the 3 packages Starter, Business and Ultimate enable you to create professional websites, get Databases and create e-mail accounts, starting from € 29.99. For the most demanding companies are always at your disposal VPS services and Cloud Server solutions. Learn more……
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Acronis Cloud Backup (11)
- Veeam Cloud Connect (4)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (170)
- Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) (6)
- Ethical Phishing (8)
- Penetration Test (5)
- SOCaaS (55)
- Vulnerabilities (84)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Twitter's Source Code Leak on GitHub a Potential Cyber Nightmare March 27, 2023Indicators point to Twitter's source code being publicly available for around 3 months, offering a developer security object lesson for businesses.
- 7 Women Leading the Charge in Cybersecurity Research & Analysis March 27, 2023From rising stars to veterans heading up research teams, check out our profiles of women making a big impact in cyber defense as the threat landscape expands.
- Drive to Pervasive Encryption Boosts Key Management March 27, 2023Key vaults, aka key-management-as-a-service (KMaaS), promise to allow companies to encrypt sensitive data across cloud and third parties with granular control.
- Cybersecurity vs. Everyone: From Conflict to Collaboration March 27, 2023Don't assume stakeholders outside security understand your goals and priorities, but consider how you'll communicate with them to gain their support.
- CyberSecure Announces Strategic Alliance March 24, 2023The joint partnership represents expanded market opportunities.
- Tesla Model 3 Hacked in Less Than 2 Minutes at Pwn2Own Contest March 24, 2023In two days, ethical researchers from 10 countries have unearthed more than 22 zero-day bugs in a wide range of technologies at the annual hacking contest.
- GitHub's Private RSA SSH Key Mistakenly Exposed in Public Repository March 24, 2023GitHub hastens to replace its RSA SSH host key after an exposure mishap threatens users with man-in-the-middle attacks and organization impersonation.
- Zoom Zoom: 'Dark Power' Ransomware Extorts 10 Targets in Less Than a Month March 24, 2023A new threat actor is racking up victims and showing unusual agility. Part of its success could spring from the use of the Nim programming language.
- Malicious ChatGPT Extensions Add to Google Chrome Woes March 24, 2023The second malicious ChatGPT extension for Chrome has been discovered, giving malicious actors access to users' Facebook accounts through stolen cookies.
- Red Teaming at Scale to Uncover Your Big Unknowns March 24, 2023A contrarian mindset with applied imagination allows security professionals to assess problems in their organizations, prevent failures, and mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Defense in depth -- the Microsoft way (part 84): (no) fun with %COMSPEC% March 24, 2023Posted by Stefan Kanthak on Mar 24Hi @ll, the documentation of the builtin START command of Windows NT's command processor CMD.EXE states: | When you run a command that contains the string "CMD" as the first | token without an extension or path qualifier, "CMD" is replaced | with the value of the COMSPEC variable. […]
- Invitation to the World Cryptologic Competition 2023 March 22, 2023Posted by Competition Administrator on Mar 21The WCC 2023 is a fully-online and open competition using GitHub. The language of the competition is English. The WCC 2023 has a total duration of 295 days, from Sunday January 1st 2023 to Monday October 23rd 2023. Teams and Judges must complete registration before Wednesday June 1st. The […]
- Insecure python cgi documentation and tutorials are vulnerable to XSS. March 22, 2023Posted by Georgi Guninski on Mar 21Is there low hanging fruit for the following observation? The documentation of the python cgi module is vulnerable to XSS (cross site scripting) https://docs.python.org/3/library/cgi.html ``` form = cgi.FieldStorage() print("name:", form["name"].value) print("addr:", form["addr"].value) ``` First result on google for "tutorial python cgi" is...
- Re: Microsoft PlayReady security research March 22, 2023Posted by Adam Gowdiak on Mar 21Hello, I feel obliged to provide additional comments to this paragraph as I start to believe that CANAL+ might not deserve sole blame here... While Microsoft claims there is absolutely no bug at its end, I personally start to perceive the company as the one that should be also […]
- Re: Defense in depth -- the Microsoft way (part 83): instead to fix even their most stupid mistaskes, they spill barrels of snakeoil to cover them (or just leave them as-is) March 22, 2023Posted by Arik Seils on Mar 21Hi there, One can use the Metasploit Framework Module post/windows/local/bypassua _fodhelper to achieve this. Greetings from Germany, A.Seils 17.03.2023 06:26:56 Stefan Kanthak :
- Re: Microsoft PlayReady security research March 21, 2023Posted by Security Explorations on Mar 21Hello, I feel obliged to provide additional comments to this paragraph as I start to believe that CANAL+ might not deserve sole blame here... While Microsoft claims there is absolutely no bug at its end, I personally start to perceive the company as the one that should be also […]
- Defense in depth -- the Microsoft way (part 83): instead to fix even their most stupid mistaskes, they spill barrels of snakeoil to cover them (or just leave them as-is) March 17, 2023Posted by Stefan Kanthak on Mar 16Hi @ll, with Windows 2000, Microsoft virtualised the [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT] registry branch: what was just an alias for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes] before became the overlay of [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes] and [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes] with the latter having precedence: Note: while [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes] is writable only by...
- [CFP] Security BSides Ljubljana 0x7E7 | June 16, 2023 March 17, 2023Posted by Andraz Sraka on Mar 16MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNmddmNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMN..-..--+MMNy:...-.-/yNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMy..ymd-.:Mm::-:osyo-..-mMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MM:..---.:dM/..+NNyyMN/..:MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Mm../dds.-oy.-.dMh--mMds++MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM My:::::/ydMmo..-hMMMmo//omMs/+Mm+++++shNMN+//+//+oMNy+///ohM MMMs//yMNo+hMh---m:-:hy+sMN..+Mo..os+.-:Ny--ossssdN-.:yyo+mM...
- Full Disclosure - Fastly March 12, 2023Posted by Andrey Stoykov on Mar 11Correspondence from Fastly declined to comment regarding new discovered vulnerabilities within their website. Poor practices regarding password changes. 1. Reset user password 2. Access link sent 3. Temporary password sent plaintext // HTTP POST request POST /user/mwebsec%40gmail.com/password/request_reset HTTP/2 Host: api.fastly.com User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:108.0) Gecko/20100101 […]
- Full Disclosure - Shopify Application March 12, 2023Posted by Andrey Stoykov on Mar 11Correspondence from Shopify declined to comment regarding new discovered vulnerabilities within their website. Although 'frontend' vulnerabilities are considered out of scope, person/tester foundhimself a beefy bugbounty from the same page that has been listed below, including similar functionality that has not been tested yet. Two emails and several reports, […]
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF
Copyright © 2011 Secure Online Desktop s.r.l. All Rights Reserved.