Online hosting for websites
Online hosting is the process of using space on a remote server to host a website. The content of the pages (HTML, CSS, images, etc.) must be loaded into the server space to be reached online.
Website hosting service providers have servers, connectivity and associated services for hosting online pages. By offering a variety of plans for online hosting, they cover a wide range of needs: from small blogs to large organizations.
Choosing the online hosting plan means selecting the right resource allocation to keep the portal fast and reliable for visitors. If there is a problem while browsing a site, for example it takes too long to load, potential customers will probably leave.
Online hosting and site domain
The first thing to do to open a web space is to buy a domain. Often providers also offer the sale and management of domains, as well as online hosting. The service provider ensures that when users search for the domain on the network, they are directed to the server hosting the linked site.
Choose hosting for a website
Selecting the appropriate online hosting plan is an important step for online presence, especially if you are launching a corporate website. Providers also offer server management services, but also software, support, bandwidth and speed.
Always keep in mind when choosing an online hosting plan: nothing is free. What seems free often has a non-economic cost.
Website Hosting – The Importance of Bandwidth
Bandwidth (sometimes referred to as “traffic” or “data transfer”) is the number of bytes needed to transfer the site to visitors. A rough example of a site’s typical traffic requirements: most portals that don’t provide video or music use less than 3 gigabytes of bandwidth per month.
If you are expecting a rapid expansion or need to use audio and video on the site, you should consider purchasing a plan that offers extra space. Free hosting for the website is not recommended, because daily or monthly limits are usually imposed on the amount of usable traffic.
Evaluate expansion options
Most new sites start with shared online hosting spaces, which are quite powerful nowadays. However, if the site is expected to grow over the years, it will be necessary to consider the use of greater resources, or even a more powerful server, a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or VDS (Virtual Dedicated Server), for example .
Providing plans that offer more resources from the provider will save time and money by avoiding a migration to other suppliers.
Reliability is extremely important for this type of service. Real reliability is present only with a paid online hosting plan. A website should work 24/7, and the guarantee that this will only happen with reliable providers and stable network connections.
A site that is difficult to reach or that is often out of order, loses visitors and customers. This negatively affects the authority of the domain. Furthermore, an unavailable site prompts you to visit that of the competition. Bandwidth is also very frustrating and similarly affects users.
Website Hosting – The Control Panel (Plesk)
The purpose of a panel is to allow the management of the various aspects of the account for hosting the website. It is normally offered by each commercial host to carry out normal maintenance operations without having to request technical intervention. A Plesk also provides a simple dashboard to manage email addresses, account passwords and basic server configurations.
If you also want to host e-mail accounts together with the website, you must check that the online hosting plan provides for the setting of e-mail addresses linked to the domain. it is unprofessional to have an unassociated email address. Does an address like [email protected] or [email protected] seem more authoritative?
Choosing the right provider and the right online hosting plan for your site is not easy, many factors come into the day. It is certainly important to think about it before starting a project and take the right time to evaluate the options available. This will save time and money in the future.
SOD offers several quality web hosting plans, suitable for various situations and needs. The service is hosted on the Linux platform, which is by far the most adopted and secure server solution in the world. Check the rating on Google for further quality assurance of the service offered!
- Secure Online Desktop 10 years later: our corporate anniversary
- Air-Fi: attacking computers that are disconnected and without network hardware is possible
- Examples of phishing: the latest campaigns mentioned by the CSIRT
- Event Overload? Our SOCaaS can help!
- Business email compromise (BEC) schemes
- XDR as an approach to security
- What is threat intelligence?
- Data Loss Prevention: definition and uses
- Backup as a Service (2)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (20)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (4)
- Log Management (2)
- News (18)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (6)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (11)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Mission Critical: What Really Matters in a Cybersecurity Incident June 17, 2021The things you do before and during a cybersecurity incident can make or break the success of your response.
- Ukraine Police Disrupt Cl0p Ransomware Operation June 16, 2021Growing list of similar actions in recent months may finally be scaring some operators into quitting, but threat is far from over, security experts say.
- Ransomware Operators' Strategies Evolve as Attacks Rise June 16, 2021Security researchers find ransomware operators rely less on email and more on criminal groups for initial access into target networks.
- Biden Tells Putin Critical Infrastructure Sectors 'Off Limits' to Russian Hacking June 16, 2021President Joe Biden said he and Russian President Vladimir Putin agreed to discuss boundaries in cyber activity.
- Security Flaw Discovered In Peloton Equipment June 16, 2021The vulnerability could give attackers remote root access to the bike's tablet, researchers report.
- Cars, Medicine, Electric Grids: Future Hackers Will Hit Much More Than Networks in an IT/OT Integrated World June 16, 2021Intelligent systems must include the right cybersecurity protections to prevent physical threats to operational technology.
- Russian National Convicted on Charges Related to Kelihos Botnet June 16, 2021Oleg Koshkin was arrested in 2019 and faces a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison, the DoJ reports.
- Is an Attacker Living Off Your Land? June 16, 2021Living-off-the-land attacks pose significant risks to organizations and, on top of that, are difficult to detect. Learn the basics about how these attacks operate and ways to limit their damage.
- Keeping Your Organization Secure When Dealing With the Unexpected June 16, 2021There's no way to anticipate every possible scenario, but the right approach to business continuity can help you respond effectively in any situation.
- Don't Get Stymied by Security Indecision June 16, 2021You might be increasing cyber-risk by not actively working to reduce it.
- Backdoor.Win32.Zombam.gen / Information Disclosure June 15, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jun 15Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/ff6516c881dee555b0cd253408b64404_D.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Zombam.gen Vulnerability: Information Disclosure Description: Zombam malware listens on TCP port 80 and deploys an unsecured HTML Web UI for basic remote administration capability. Third-party attackers who can reach an infected...
- Backdoor.Win32.VB.pld / Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution June 15, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jun 15Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/6ff35087d789f7aca6c0e3396984894e_B.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.VB.pld Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution Description: The malware listens on TCP port 4000. Third-party attackers who can reach infected systems can connect to port 4000 and run commands made available […]
- Backdoor.Win32.VB.pld / Insecure Transit June 15, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jun 15Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/6ff35087d789f7aca6c0e3396984894e.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.VB.pld Vulnerability: Insecure Transit Description: The malware listens on TCP port 4000 and has a chat feature "Hnadle-X Pro V1.0 Text Chat". Messages are passed in unencrypted plaintext across the network. […]
- popo2, kernel/tun driver bufferoverflow. June 15, 2021Posted by KJ Jung on Jun 15Linux kernel 5.4 version. latest. __tun_chr_ioctl function of ~/drivers/net/tun.c has a stack buffer overflow vulnerability. it get's arg, ifreq_len, and copy the arg(argp) to ifr(ifreq struct) and this steps are no bounds-checking. if cmd == TUNSETIFF or TUNSETQUEUE or and so on condition then it's enter copy_from_user function area.
- Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0014: Missing authorization check in SAP Solution Manager LM-SERVICE Component SP 11 PL 2 June 14, 2021Posted by Onapsis Research via Fulldisclosure on Jun 14# Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0014: Missing authorization check in SAP Solution Manager LM-SERVICE Component SP 11 PL 2 ## Impact on Business Due to a missing authorization check in SAP Solution Manager LM-SERVICE component a remote authenticated attacker could be able to execute privileged actions in the […]
- Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0013: [CVE-2020-26829] - Missing Authentication Check In SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA P2P Cluster communication June 14, 2021Posted by Onapsis Research via Fulldisclosure on Jun 14# Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0013: [CVE-2020-26829] - Missing Authentication Check In SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA P2P Cluster communication ## Impact on Business A malicious unauthenticated user could abuse the lack of authentication check on SAP Java P2P cluster communication, in order to connect to the respective TCP […]
- Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0012: SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence lack of server side validations leads to RCE June 14, 2021Posted by Onapsis Research via Fulldisclosure on Jun 14# Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0012: SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence lack of server side validations leads to RCE ## Impact on Business By abusing a Code Injection in SAP MII, an authenticated user with SAP XMII Developer privileges could execute code (including OS commands) on the server. […]
- Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0011 Missing authorization check in SolMan End-User Experience Monitoring June 14, 2021Posted by Onapsis Research via Fulldisclosure on Jun 14# Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0011: Missing authorization check in SolMan End-User Experience Monitoring ## Impact on Business Any authenticated user of the Solution Manager is able to craft/upload and execute EEM scripts on the SMDAgents affecting its Integrity, Confidentiality and Availability. ## Advisory Information - Public Release […]
- Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0010: File exfiltration and DoS in SolMan End-User Experience Monitoring June 14, 2021Posted by Onapsis Research via Fulldisclosure on Jun 14# Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0010: File exfiltration and DoS in SolMan End-User Experience Monitoring ## Impact on Business The End-User Experience Monitoring (EEM) application, part of the SAP Solution Manager, is vulnerable to path traversal. As a consequence, an unauthorized attacker would be able to read sensitive […]
- Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0009: Hard-coded Credentials in CA Introscope Enterprise Manager June 14, 2021Posted by Onapsis Research via Fulldisclosure on Jun 14# Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0009: Hard-coded Credentials in CA Introscope Enterprise Manager ## Impact on Business Unauthenticated attackers can bypass the authentication if the default passwords for Admin and Guest have not been changed by the administrator. This may impact the confidentiality of the service. ## Advisory […]
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes Il termine shoulder surfing potrebbe evocare immagini di un piccolo surfista su… https://t.co/PKEpO1Mvzn
Ten years ago, on June 16, 2011, Secure Online Desktop was born. Many things have changed in ten years and we have… https://t.co/DN23n6BK7q
Dieci anni fa, il 16 giugno del 2011, nasceva Secure Online Desktop. Sono cambiate moltissime cose in dieci anni e… https://t.co/H7TPlWJ5Pk
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes The term shoulder surfing might conjure up images of a little surfer on his… https://t.co/3poUTq9MUc
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes I ricercatori della sicurezza hanno appena digerito il protocollo HTTP/2, ma gl… https://t.co/XsFsgBTpia