The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems, leads more and more users to use third-party applications to protect work information. Fortunately, the implementation of new technologies improves this condition. Among the most interesting solutions, aimed at protecting corporate systems, is the SOAR technology with its benefits. What are the potential and the advantages that a…
Security Code Review: How the service works
The Security Code Review (SCR) service is increasingly used by companies looking for effective solutions for cyber security . The large number of programming languages require well-defined security parameters to benefit from thorough control. Thanks to our dedicated service for Security Code Review it is possible to identify critical defects and serious data breaches without necessarily investing a significant budget….
Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period characterized by digitization. To protect themselves, businesses and individuals can use a variety of tools that can prevent an attack, but also help manage it. In this article we talk about Automated Response Integration and the automations in the SOCaaS offered by SOD . Although the systems used…
Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
The Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) and a Security Operations Center (SOC) are two important parts in a company’s security process. They help identify and mitigate the risks involved in the digital world. CTI is a proactive measure that helps identify potential threats, while SOC is a reactive measure that helps detect and mitigate an attack. Together, CTI and SOC are…
New Cloud Server: redundant internet
One of the biggest fears an IT team can have is data loss caused by a sudden lack of server connection. To meet the needs of our customers, present and future, we have decided to offer free the redundant internet functionality for our service Cloud Server . Today we want to explain what redundant internet means and how this functionality…
Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
The technology we use to deliver our SOCaaS has been awarded a quality certificate . Today we want to talk about this, explaining again what a SOC is and why a SOCaaS is an ideal solution for companies. Of course, we will also explain what it is about when we talk about the quality certificate and how this ensures excellent…
Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
The constant use of communications over the network in a corporate context makes it essential to take precautions for computer security. As we have seen on other occasions, the dangers can come from different fronts: phishing , ransomware , data breach , etc. The implementation of new strategies such as Managed Detection and Response allows to mitigate risks and identify…
CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
Cyber security is an important point for all companies that use the network as a communication tool. This is why we have decided to carry out a fundamental operation that allows us to offer a better service to our customers . We have partnered with CLUSIT to make our services even more professional. A fundamental-collaboration to improve and improve The…
The use of artificial intelligence in monitoring
When we refer to artificial intelligence, we often refer to the great technologies that could control the world, with an obvious streak of science fiction. The reality is very different and is characterized by a technology with great potential, which is able to ensure countless advantages . Today we talk about how artificial intelligence can be implemented in monitoring. The…
The certifications of the SOD Red Team
In order to keep the eye on your IT infrastructure, hire a Red Team with certifications it is the ideal choice . The analyzes carried out by a certified Red Team are aimed at the protection and prevention of attacks and data losses. Obviously, an in house Red Team would require hefty hiring costs and a constant financial effort to…
The benefits of good log management
When we talk about log management we refer to a precise process which consists of the centralized collection of data that comes from different operating environments such as: devices, databases, applications and much more. Logs are produced by various system events , many of which are particularly important in the business environment. So let’s see some important details regarding log…
Ransomware: recent news 2020/21
As we know, a ransomware is a malware that aims to extort money from victims . The means it uses is encryption to encrypt victim data, both local and in the cloud, and make it inaccessible. The ransomware is therefore a real cyber blackmail : if the victim refuses to pay the requested sum, not only would he be denied…
CTI (Cyber Threat Intelligence): how does it work?
Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is an aspect that must always be taken into consideration to prevent data from being stolen in any way. Network problems When you have a presence connected to the network, especially if it contains sensitive data, the potential threats to which you are exposed are manifold. The…
Autonomous Threat Sweeper: the news of SOCaaS
Today we see one of the latest additions to our SOCaaS, the Autonomous Threat Sweeper (ATS) . A system able to support SOC in an innovative way and protect against the most innovative threats. The Privacy Guarantor, through the provision dated May 27, 2021, has introduced some changes regarding the violation of sensitive and personal data. A particular reference was…
Hadoop Open Data Model: “open” data collection
With the advent of big data platforms, IT security companies can now make guided decisions on how to protect their assets. By recording network traffic and network flows, it is possible to get an idea of the channels on which company information flows. To facilitate the integration of data between the various applications and to develop new analytical functionalities, we…
Pass the Ticket: how to mitigate it with a SOCaaS
Every year the number of attacks that threaten the security of devices, computer systems, servers and network infrastructures is growing steadily. This is done by taking advantage of the vulnerabilities present in these systems. Among the many types of attacks, particular attention must be paid to the pass the ticket (PTT) attack. With a pass the ticket attack it is…
Use cases of a SOCaaS for companies part 2
In the previous article we have seen the most common use cases of a SOCaaS , explaining how it can be useful for companies to use this tool to prevent cyber attacks and also explaining which are the most common Threat Models . In this article, however, we will take a closer look at some of the more common indicators…
Use cases of a SOCaaS for companies part 1
Cyber Threat Analytics applications monitor security logs and the network to promptly detect any malware infections (for example, attacks zero day ei ransomware ), the compromise of the system, the activities of “ lateral movement ”, pass-the-hash , pass-the-ticket and other advanced intrusion techniques. The use of a SOCaaS allows to extrapolate data from sources such as firewalls, proxies, VPN,…
NIST Cybersecurity Framework
The NIST Cybersecurity Framework is a set of guidelines developed to reduce cybersecurity risks. Lists specific activities associated with IT security risk management based on existing standards and guidelines. It is one of the most popular frameworks dedicated to cybersecurity and d is widely used because it helps in the aspect of risk management. Written by the National Institute of…
“Left of boom” and “right of boom”: having a winning strategy
When we talk about “left of boom” or “right of boom” we are referring to a concept that may appear superficial. Instead, it is a powerful tool that offers the ability to analyze security conflicts from both a offensive and a defensive perspective. In a hypothetical timeline of an attack, what is left of boom refers to what happens first….
Smishing: a fraud similar to phishing
Cybercrime is increasingly targeting mobile devices and is constantly evolving. On social networks and through our personal contacts we increasingly receive scam attempts disguised as simple invitations. From the reports and press releases of the postal police we can see how in recent years the cases of Smishing have been increasing , which every year cause substantial economic damage to…
Network Traffic Analyzer: an extra gear for the Next Gen SIEM
Businesses today have a hard time detecting hackers’ sophisticated intrusion techniques. To stem security problems, you need to use the combination of several elements. These elements are: accurate monitoring of network traffic, user actions and system behavior. The Network Traffic Analyzer tools can analyze and monitor traffic in order to detect anomalies, even the most difficult to identify. At SOD,…
The importance of Cyber Threat Intelligence
L’importanza della cyber threat intelligence è evidente quando si capisce che cosa sia e quali rischi un’azienda corre se la trascura.
Red Team, Blue Team and Purple Team: what are the differences?
When it comes to cyber security and is on the side of the attackers, we often just think in terms of defense, protection and containment of threats. However, the best approach is one in which you put yourself in the shoes of the attackers and see your infrastructure as the target of your actions. Only in this way is it…
Magecart attack: what it is and how to protect yourself
Every day we hear about some new technology threats or vulnerabilities. Lately we talk about the data collection attack known as “Magecart”. Let’s try to understand what it is and how we can do to defend ourselves. Magecart is a large group of hackers as well as a typical attack that mainly targets online shopping carts. This type of attack…
9 reasons why you should consider using a VPN
Agile working and smart working are now a daily reality for many workers. Whether it is a practice within your company or an occasional event, almost everyone has to use public networks to work or surf the net. In this social situation, you cannot take the protection of your data on the net lightly. This is why the ‘ use…
The latest PDF phishing trends of 2020
There was a dramatic 1160% increase in malicious PDF files in 2019-2020. It went from 411,800 malicious files to 5,224,056. PDF files are an enticing vector of phishing as they are cross-platform and allow attackers to engage more users, making their scam schemes more credible than a text email with a simple link. To lure users to click on links…
Predictive cybersecurity with our SOCaaS
Today, facing an attack in a corporate SOC is very similar to being under attack without knowing which direction the blow is coming from. The threat intelligence can keep you informed of security issues. However, in many cases, this information is only provided when you are already under attack, and is rarely very useful except in retrospect. It would take…
Secure Online Desktop 10 years later: our corporate anniversary
Ten years ago, on June 16, 2011, Secure Online Desktop was born. Many things have changed in ten years and we have always done our best to keep up with the times and offer cutting-edge solutions to our customers. We want to celebrate our company anniversary by retracing the key milestones of these years by sharing them with you. The…
Air-Fi: attacking computers that are disconnected and without network hardware is possible
To keep secret information out of reach of attackers, organizations place it on devices that are not connected to any network. This is to avoid any possibility of communication with the Internet. These machines are called air-gapped . As safe as it may seem, infecting such a machine or network segment isn’t actually that difficult. Extracting the information obtained is…
Examples of phishing: the latest campaigns mentioned by the CSIRT
Successful phishing attacks are increasing rapidly and so is the variety of forms they come in. Today I want to bring a couple of examples of phishing reported in the last period on the Italian territory by the CSIRT ( Computer Security Incident Response Team ). Millions of users around the world are put at risk every day, statistically, one…
Event Overload? Our SOCaaS can help!
The data that a corporate IT infrastructure generates every day has always been a lot, but never as in recent years has there been an event overload (event overload) of such vast proportions. This is due to the increasing number of applications used by companies and employees for routine operations. Each of the applications used, in fact, generates a certain…
Business email compromise (BEC) schemes
Over the years, scammers have stolen millions of dollars from businesses by compromising their official email accounts and using them to request fraudulent wire transfers . Technically these schemes, which are in effect scams, are called Business Email Compromise . There has been an increase in cyber intrusions related to Business Email Compromise schemes, involving scammers posing as executives ….
XDR as an approach to security
Just like any other IT field, the cybersecurity market is driven by hype . Currently hype towards XDR, ie eXtended Detection and Response . XDR is the latest in threat detection and response, a key element of a company’s infrastructure and data defense . What exactly is XDR? XDR is an alternative to traditional responsive approaches that only provide layer…
What is threat intelligence?
threat intelligence data provides companies with relevant and timely insights they need to understand, predict, detect and respond to cybersecurity threats . Threat intelligence solutions collect, filter and analyze large volumes of raw data related to existing or emerging sources of threats. The result is threat intelligence feeds and management reports. Data scientists and security teams use these feeds and…
Data Loss Prevention: definition and uses
data loss prevention (DLP) is a set of tools and processes used to ensure that sensitive data is not lost, misused or accessed by unauthorized users . DLP software classifies regulated, confidential and business critical data and identifies policy violations defined by organizations or within a predefined policy package. Default policies are typically dictated by regulatory compliance such as HIPAA,…
Prevent shoulder surfing and theft of corporate credentials
The term shoulder surfing might conjure up images of a little surfer on his shirt collar, but the reality is much more mundane. shoulder surfing is a criminal practice in which thieves steal your personal data by spying on you while using a laptop, ATM, public terminal or other electronic device among other people . This social engineering technique is…
HTTP / 3, everything you need to know about the latest version protocol
Security researchers have just digested the HTTP / 2 protocol, but web innovators are already publishing an update: HTTP / 3. This technology offers performance gains and security benefits, but only if we overcome the implementation problems that await us for what appears to be an evolutionary change rather than a real revolution in the way the web works. In…
Machine learning and cybersecurity: UEBA applications and security
The cost of cybercrime has now outstripped the ability to keep up. Gartner, a multinational security and analytics company in the field of technology, predicted that world spending on cybersecurity will be 16 times lower than damage caused. To address this challenge, organizations are now turning to machine learning and artificial intelligence for cybersecurity, trying to fill in the gaps….
Logic Bomb: what they are and how to prevent them
A logic bomb, also called slug code , is a piece of code inserted into an application, virus or malware that implements a malicious function after a certain time limit or under conditions specifications. These “bombs” are often used via viruses, worms and Trojans to better manage your time and do maximum damage before you are noticed . They perform…
Pass the hash: how to gain access without password
Since the Internet has become widespread, tremendous progress has been made in awareness of the use of passwords. By now everyone knows what best practices are for setting a password (avoid standard passwords, use letters and numbers, avoid dates of birth, etc.). However, there is not much to rest assured, because hackers have another trick that could put your accounts…
Ransomware and NAS: a risk that is not considered
Despite some seasonal declines, ransomware is still a serious security threat, especially for those who underestimate it . It is often thought that to protect yourself from ransomware it is enough to have a backup copy of your data. This point of view does not take into consideration various aspects. One of them is the relationship between ransomware and NAS…
SIEM monitoring: best practices
As the cybersecurity threat landscape becomes increasingly sophisticated, service providers, such as SOD, need to take additional precautions to protect their customers’ networks. An information management system and monitoring SIEM is an excellent choice in this respect. This system, in fact, helps mitigate cybersecurity threats from two different angles, all from a single interface . The SIEM monitoring system collects…
Cyber Threat Hunting: on the hunt for security threats
Cyber Threat Hunting is a proactive security search across networks, endpoints and datasets to hunt down malicious, suspicious or risky activities that have escaped detection by existing tools. Definition There is a distinction between malware detection and cyber threat hunting . Threat detection is a passive approach to monitoring data and systems to identify potential security problems. However, it is…
Ethical hacking: defending knowing how to attack
Ethical hacking means the application for good of hacking techniques. The term “hacker” was coined in the 1960s at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) to describe experts who used their skills to re-develop mainframe systems, increasing their efficiency and allowing them to perform more tasks. Nowadays, the term normally describes experienced programmers who gain unauthorized access to computer systems…
What is Cyber Security? Definition and proposals
Cyber Security is the practice of defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks and data from malicious attacks. It is also known as Information Technology Security and Electronic Information Security . The term applies in a wide variety of contexts, from business to mobile computing and can be divided into a few common categories. We can divide cyber security…
Spammer techniques: how do they exploit e-mail?
Spam seems to reach every single email account we use , no matter how careful we are or what the address provider is. How do spammers get all of our email addresses? Can we do something to hide our email address from common spammer techniques? Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do to stop spammers from bombarding you with emails….
The threat of DDoS ransomware
Is the threat of a large-scale DDoS attack enough to convince organizations to bow to a ransomware attack? It might be a good time for companies to invest in DDoS protection , as hackers have begun to use the threat of large-scale DDoS attacks to carry out ransomware attacks on organizations . According to a new blog post from Cloudflare,…
Procedural Security Analysis – Thank you for contacting us!
Here is some useful information FAQ Knowledge-base Document Support
Zombie phishing: beware of emails, it could be zombies
Out of nowhere, someone replies to an email conversation dated months ago. This is a real conversation that actually happened. Maybe it’s about a meeting, a job opportunity. This email seems very relevant, but beware, it could be zombie phishing . Indeed, something is wrong, the topic discussed has been over for months and now there is a strange error…
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Acronis Cloud Backup (11)
- Veeam Cloud Connect (4)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (170)
- Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) (6)
- Ethical Phishing (8)
- Penetration Test (5)
- SOCaaS (55)
- Vulnerabilities (84)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Bundestag Bungle: Political Microtargeting of Facebook Users Draws Ire March 23, 2023With shades of the Cambridge Analytica scandal, German political parties skirted consumer data privacy regulations during the country's last parliamentary election, a privacy watchdog warns.
- Epidemic of Insecure Storage, Backup Devices Is a Windfall for Cybercriminals March 23, 2023Enterprise storage devices have 14 security weaknesses on average, putting them at risk of compromise by cyberattackers and especially ransomware attacks.
- The Board of Directors Will See You Now March 23, 2023Help the board understand where the business is vulnerable, where controls end, and where exposure begins.
- MITRE Rolls Out Supply Chain Security Prototype March 23, 2023Cloud-based System of Trust application now available for test-driving quantitative risk assessment of suppliers of hardware, software, services.
- Human Detection and Response: A New Approach to Building a Strong Security Culture March 23, 2023Jelle Wieringa analyzes the differences between HDR and security awareness training and how HDR addresses the security layer of human risk management.
- Okta Post-Exploitation Method Exposes User Passwords March 23, 2023Accidentally typing a password in the username field of the platform saves them to audit logs, to which threat actors can gain access and use to compromise enterprise services.
- Just 1% of Nonprofit Domains Have Basic DMARC Email Security Protections March 23, 2023DMARC blocks spam and phishing emails sent from spoofed domains, and it's vastly underutilized, a new report says.
- Are You Talking to a Carbon, Silicon, or Artificial Identity? March 23, 2023In the triumvirate of identity types, protecting the identity, privacy, and data of carbon-based forms — humans — is key. Safeguards must be in place as AI becomes more interactive.
- Lightspin Launches Remediation Hub to Identify and Fix Cloud Security Threats March 22, 2023
- CISA Warns on Unpatched ICS Vulnerabilities Lurking in Critical Infrastructure March 22, 2023The advisory comes the same week as a warning from the EU's ENISA about potential for ransomware attacks on OT systems in the transportation sector.
- Invitation to the World Cryptologic Competition 2023 March 22, 2023Posted by Competition Administrator on Mar 21The WCC 2023 is a fully-online and open competition using GitHub. The language of the competition is English. The WCC 2023 has a total duration of 295 days, from Sunday January 1st 2023 to Monday October 23rd 2023. Teams and Judges must complete registration before Wednesday June 1st. The […]
- Insecure python cgi documentation and tutorials are vulnerable to XSS. March 22, 2023Posted by Georgi Guninski on Mar 21Is there low hanging fruit for the following observation? The documentation of the python cgi module is vulnerable to XSS (cross site scripting) https://docs.python.org/3/library/cgi.html ``` form = cgi.FieldStorage() print("name:", form["name"].value) print("addr:", form["addr"].value) ``` First result on google for "tutorial python cgi" is...
- Re: Microsoft PlayReady security research March 22, 2023Posted by Adam Gowdiak on Mar 21Hello, I feel obliged to provide additional comments to this paragraph as I start to believe that CANAL+ might not deserve sole blame here... While Microsoft claims there is absolutely no bug at its end, I personally start to perceive the company as the one that should be also […]
- Re: Defense in depth -- the Microsoft way (part 83): instead to fix even their most stupid mistaskes, they spill barrels of snakeoil to cover them (or just leave them as-is) March 22, 2023Posted by Arik Seils on Mar 21Hi there, One can use the Metasploit Framework Module post/windows/local/bypassua _fodhelper to achieve this. Greetings from Germany, A.Seils 17.03.2023 06:26:56 Stefan Kanthak :
- Re: Microsoft PlayReady security research March 21, 2023Posted by Security Explorations on Mar 21Hello, I feel obliged to provide additional comments to this paragraph as I start to believe that CANAL+ might not deserve sole blame here... While Microsoft claims there is absolutely no bug at its end, I personally start to perceive the company as the one that should be also […]
- Defense in depth -- the Microsoft way (part 83): instead to fix even their most stupid mistaskes, they spill barrels of snakeoil to cover them (or just leave them as-is) March 17, 2023Posted by Stefan Kanthak on Mar 16Hi @ll, with Windows 2000, Microsoft virtualised the [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT] registry branch: what was just an alias for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes] before became the overlay of [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes] and [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes] with the latter having precedence: Note: while [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes] is writable only by...
- [CFP] Security BSides Ljubljana 0x7E7 | June 16, 2023 March 17, 2023Posted by Andraz Sraka on Mar 16MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNmddmNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMN..-..--+MMNy:...-.-/yNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMy..ymd-.:Mm::-:osyo-..-mMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MM:..---.:dM/..+NNyyMN/..:MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Mm../dds.-oy.-.dMh--mMds++MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM My:::::/ydMmo..-hMMMmo//omMs/+Mm+++++shNMN+//+//+oMNy+///ohM MMMs//yMNo+hMh---m:-:hy+sMN..+Mo..os+.-:Ny--ossssdN-.:yyo+mM...
- Full Disclosure - Fastly March 12, 2023Posted by Andrey Stoykov on Mar 11Correspondence from Fastly declined to comment regarding new discovered vulnerabilities within their website. Poor practices regarding password changes. 1. Reset user password 2. Access link sent 3. Temporary password sent plaintext // HTTP POST request POST /user/mwebsec%40gmail.com/password/request_reset HTTP/2 Host: api.fastly.com User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:108.0) Gecko/20100101 […]
- Full Disclosure - Shopify Application March 12, 2023Posted by Andrey Stoykov on Mar 11Correspondence from Shopify declined to comment regarding new discovered vulnerabilities within their website. Although 'frontend' vulnerabilities are considered out of scope, person/tester foundhimself a beefy bugbounty from the same page that has been listed below, including similar functionality that has not been tested yet. Two emails and several reports, […]
- [CVE-2023-25355/25356] No fix available - vulnerabilities in CoreDial sipXcom sipXopenfire March 7, 2023Posted by Systems Research Group via Fulldisclosure on Mar 06
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF
Copyright © 2011 Secure Online Desktop s.r.l. All Rights Reserved.