Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
The technology we use to deliver our SOCaaS has been awarded a quality certificate . Today we want to talk about this, explaining again what a SOC is and why a SOCaaS is an ideal solution for companies.
Of course, we will also explain what it is about when we talk about the quality certificate and how this ensures excellent service for our customers.
Differences between SOC and SOCaaS
A SOC, acronym for Security Operation Center , is a central command hub that acquires data from an IT infrastructure and analyzes it. Ideally, all devices that are part of the infrastructure are part of the data collection. This means, in the business environment, that every device connected to the network or that connects to the network by accrediting itself, should be included in the data collection.
A SOC is a physical place, with hardware tools, where a team of IT technicians manage the data flow and analyze it using the available tools. This means maintenance, installation and employee maintenance costs.
A more flexible variant is represented by SOCaaS, ie Security Operation Center as a Service . It is a model based on services provided by an external supplier that delocalizes the tasks of a SOC. With the increasingly important evolution and diffusion of the cloud, we have come to a situation in which SOCaaS is the main driver. Thanks to cloud technologies, in fact, data collection and network information, as well as logs, can be reached via the network.
To simplify: a SOCaaS is a SOC, which however is provided as a service; in practice, the brain of the SOC is connected to the infrastructure to be monitored and not internal to the company. The costs of implementation, maintenance and management are greatly reduced.
Thanks to SOCaaS and automation and analysis tools, the environment you want to control is constantly monitored and threats and anomalies are detected in real time.
SOD and quality certificate
Threats on the net have evolved over time to become extremely sophisticated. They target targets that fail to recognize them in a timely manner , resulting in damage that can be data loss or even the ransom note .
SOCaaS, as mentioned, simply allows you to save time and resources by replacing the staff to be employed in the search for the various malware that are always lurking.
We are pleased to say that the technologies we adopt in SOCaaS have been awarded a quality certificate and are positioned in the magic quadrant of Gartner. Among the resources available in our SOCaaS, we mention SDL , SIEM and UEBA .
SIEM collects all events and information to be managed, enriching the data in the SDL so that they are easily analyzed. UEBA’s user behavior analysis is invaluable when a social engineering attack arises.
Artificial intelligence offers an important help to our SOCaaS as it analyzes threats and possible risks. Furthermore, the constant presence of an available team ensures security against all ransomware attacks.
The quality certificate that our technology has received occupies a place of Leader in the Gartner’s Magic Quadrant . Gartner is an institution that has established who the most important IT vendors on the market since 1979.
Quality certificate equals excellence
It is essential these days to have a good valuation when you are in a certain market sector. For example, on eCommerce sites it is common to find user reviews before making a purchase. However, no one really guarantees that the reviews are genuine. Similarly, technologies available on the net are not always as beneficial as they appear. The Gartner Magic Quadrant takes care of that.
Gartner analyzes the players in the market for a service using qualitative analysis . Check the maturity, the participants and the market trends. The competition focuses on four aspects displayed in a graphical table, the so-called magic quadrant .
The quadrant is divided into categories: Visionaries, Challengers, Niche Players and Leaders. Most interest is directed towards the Leader position which represents the top for execution and completeness. Our technology is found right in the Leaders quadrant.
The Magic Quadrant offers almost immediate understanding of the most trusted providers on the market .
Obviously, there are various strategies to rely on when choosing a service or technology, and relying on Leaders is not always the best idea. What is good today may not be suitable in the future.
The alternatives could materialize in the market Challengers who move with speed or in the niche players who can guarantee a more precise and accurate service than a Leader.
Business objectives, in general, are the guide to follow and depend on your company but to be almost foolproof it is always better to ask for help from specialized companies able to provide advice and suggestions.
The magic quadrant of Gartner
As mentioned earlier, the Magic Quadrant is read using four parameters that need careful viewing. Below is a generic magic dial, while by clicking here you can see the list of all the magic dials divided by topic.
The supplier in the leading position has the credibility, market share and sales skills necessary for the distribution and acceptance of new technologies. Is able to understand the customer needs and always keeps an eye on innovation.
Sometimes he designs elaborate plans that he makes available to clients. In this way the infrastructures and strategies are efficient and feasible. From a financial point of view, it enjoys the stability and support of the platform, also thanks to the geographical coverage. This watch face can be defined as the real certificate of quality by looking at the magic dials.
The greatest threat to the Leader is undoubtedly represented by the Opponent or Challenger. It works well and has a credible market position. The extreme faith in projects that can continually grow over time makes him capable of developing strong products.
While they are not as well established as the Leaders financially, they still remain stable and solid.
The Visionary is perfect for all the novelties that could revolutionize the market. Such a supplier guarantees product innovation and is able to address operational and financial problems on a large scale.
One of the big flaws, however, is the instability due to unsustainable profitability and the ability to acquire market shares . Over time an investment can prove to be profitable or not but it basically depends on some signals that need to be interpreted.
The Visionary is often a private company or acquisition objectives by the more consolidated or large company because the possible risk probability of installing on their systems is lower in the event of an acquisition.
Niche operators or actors
The verticalization of the market or the focus on specific areas concerns all niche players. This supplier can be a large company but it is struggling to achieve the goal it has set or it is the one that adapts its product in order to enter a particular market.
Following your vision and establishing yourself online is never easy because it is not uncommon to encounter problems of various kinds, from a lack of resources to the difficulty of standing out on the market.
The technology we use for our SOCaaS has revolutionized the market and earned a place alongside the leaders in the Gartner Magic Quadrant. We are very happy with this milestone, which means better service for our customers, greater safety and in general the excellence we have always aimed for.
If you want to know how our services can help your business, do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to answer any questions.
- What is it for? Hadoop Security Data Lake (SDL)
- Secure Online Desktop achieves ISO 27001: the security certification for managed services
- SOCaaS and Active Defense Deception Webinar – Guide to the next cybersecurity online event
- Auditing IT della sicurezza: guida completa all’analisi proattiva di vulnerabilità e conformità
- CIS Controls and Vulnerability Assessment: practical guide to adopting best practices
- Kerberoasting: a threat to cybersecurity and how to mitigate it with Security Posture analysis
- Protect Your Business: Antivirus vs. SOC Service with EDR and Next Generation Antivirus (NGA)
- CSIRT and SOC: Differences between incident management and security monitoring
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (23)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (191)
- Web Hosting (15)
- ALPHV/BlackCat Takedown Appears to Be Law Enforcement Related December 9, 2023Threat intel sources confirm the ransomware group's site has been shuttered by law enforcement.
- Apple: 2.5B Records Exposed, Marking Staggering Surge in Data Breaches December 8, 2023Data breaches are rapidly accelerating, according to a number-crunching report from Apple this week — heightening the need to finally implement end-to-end data encryption.
- Making Cyber Insurance Available for Small Biz, Contractors December 8, 2023Cyber insurance companies are moving down-market to offer policies to help protect remote employees, independent contractors, and small businesses from the cost of cyberattacks.
- Increased Cyber Regulation in the Offing as Attacks Mount December 8, 2023Cybersecurity could be heading for a Sarbanes Oxley-type of regulation in light of escalating attacks, but the devil is in the details.
- Russian Espionage Group Hammers Zero-Click Microsoft Outlook Bug December 8, 2023State-sponsored actors continue to exploit CVE-2023-23397, a dangerous no-interaction vulnerability in Microsoft's Outlook email client that was patched in March, in a widespread global campaign.
- Municipalities Face a Constant Battle as Ransomware Snowballs December 8, 2023As record-breaking volumes of ransomware hit cities, towns, and counties this year, municipalities remain easy targets that pay, and there's no end of the attacks in sight.
- Kenyan Digital Identity System Shelved Over Data Protection Concerns December 8, 2023Privacy concerns see the proposed digital identity system paused until February.
- The 3 Most Prevalent Cyber Threats of the Holidays December 8, 2023Chaos and volume of holiday season sales make a perfect storm of threat opportunity. Companies need to prepare — and practice! — action plans, identify key stakeholders, and consider cyber insurance.
- Human-Centric Security Model Meets People Where They Are December 7, 2023Instead of fighting workarounds that compromise security, a human-centered system fixes the process issues that prompt people to work dangerously.
- CISOs See Software Supply Chain Security As Bigger Blind Spot Than GenAI: Cycode December 7, 2023
- SEC Consult SA-20231123 :: Uninstall Key Caching in Fortra Digital Guardian Agent Uninstaller November 27, 2023Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20231123-0 > ======================================================================= title: Uninstall Key Caching product: Fortra Digital Guardian Agent Uninstaller (Data Loss Prevention) vulnerable version: Agent:
- SEC Consult SA-20231122 :: Multiple Vulnerabilities in m-privacy TightGate-Pro November 27, 2023Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20231122-0 > ======================================================================= title: Multiple Vulnerabilities product: m-privacy TightGate-Pro vulnerable version: Rolling Release, servers with the following package versions are vulnerable: tightgatevnc < 4.1.2~1 rsbac-policy-tgpro
- Senec Inverters Home V1, V2, V3 Home & Hybrid Use of Hard-coded Credentials - CVE-2023-39169 November 27, 2023Posted by Phos4Me via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27Sent through the Full Disclosure mailing list https://nmap.org/mailman/listinfo/fulldisclosure Web Archives & RSS: https://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/
- [SYSS-2023-019] SmartNode SN200 - Unauthenticated OS Command Injection November 27, 2023Posted by Maurizio Ruchay via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27Advisory ID: SYSS-2023-019 Product: SmartNode SN200 Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) & VoIP Gateway Manufacturer: Patton LLC Affected Version(s):
- CVE-2023-46307 November 27, 2023Posted by Kevin on Nov 27running on the remote port specified during setup
- CVE-2023-46307 November 27, 2023Posted by Kevin on Nov 27While conducting a penetration test for a client, they were running an application called etc-browser which is a public GitHub project with a Docker container. While fuzzing the web server spun up with etcd-browser (which can run on any arbitrary port), the application had a Directory Traversal vulnerability that is […]
- Survey on usage of security advisories November 27, 2023Posted by Aurich, Janik on Nov 27Dear list members, we are looking for voluntary participants for our survey, which was developed in the context of a master thesis at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. The goal of the survey is to determine potential difficulties that may occur when dealing with security advisories. The focus of the […]
- [CVE-2023-46386, CVE-2023-46387, CVE-2023-46388, CVE-2023-46389] Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec products (3) November 27, 2023Posted by Chizuru Toyama on Nov 27[+] CVE : CVE-2023-46386, CVE-2023-46387, CVE-2023-46388, CVE-2023-46389 [+] Title : Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec L-INX Automation Servers [+] Vendor : LOYTEC electronics GmbH [+] Affected Product(s) : LINX-151, Firmware 7.2.4, LINX-212, firmware 6.2.4 [+] Affected Components : L-INX Automation Servers [+] Discovery Date :...
- [CVE-2023-46383, CVE-2023-46384, CVE-2023-46385] Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec products (2) November 27, 2023Posted by Chizuru Toyama on Nov 27[+] CVE : CVE-2023-46383, CVE-2023-46384, CVE-2023-46385 [+] Title : Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec LINX Configurator [+] Vendor : LOYTEC electronics GmbH [+] Affected Product(s) : LINX Configurator 7.4.10 [+] Affected Components : LINX Configurator [+] Discovery Date : 01-Sep-2021 [+] Publication date : 03-Nov-2023 [+]...
- Senec Inverters Home V1, V2, V3 Home & Hybrid Exposure of the Username to an Unauthorized Actor - CVE-2023-39168 November 12, 2023Posted by Phos4Me via Fulldisclosure on Nov 12Sent through the Full Disclosure mailing list https://nmap.org/mailman/listinfo/fulldisclosure Web Archives & RSS: https://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF