Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
The technology we use to deliver our SOCaaS has been awarded a quality certificate . Today we want to talk about this, explaining again what a SOC is and why a SOCaaS is an ideal solution for companies.
Of course, we will also explain what it is about when we talk about the quality certificate and how this ensures excellent service for our customers.
Differences between SOC and SOCaaS
A SOC, acronym for Security Operation Center , is a central command hub that acquires data from an IT infrastructure and analyzes it. Ideally, all devices that are part of the infrastructure are part of the data collection. This means, in the business environment, that every device connected to the network or that connects to the network by accrediting itself, should be included in the data collection.
A SOC is a physical place, with hardware tools, where a team of IT technicians manage the data flow and analyze it using the available tools. This means maintenance, installation and employee maintenance costs.
A more flexible variant is represented by SOCaaS, ie Security Operation Center as a Service . It is a model based on services provided by an external supplier that delocalizes the tasks of a SOC. With the increasingly important evolution and diffusion of the cloud, we have come to a situation in which SOCaaS is the main driver. Thanks to cloud technologies, in fact, data collection and network information, as well as logs, can be reached via the network.
To simplify: a SOCaaS is a SOC, which however is provided as a service; in practice, the brain of the SOC is connected to the infrastructure to be monitored and not internal to the company. The costs of implementation, maintenance and management are greatly reduced.
Thanks to SOCaaS and automation and analysis tools, the environment you want to control is constantly monitored and threats and anomalies are detected in real time.
SOD and quality certificate
Threats on the net have evolved over time to become extremely sophisticated. They target targets that fail to recognize them in a timely manner , resulting in damage that can be data loss or even the ransom note .
SOCaaS, as mentioned, simply allows you to save time and resources by replacing the staff to be employed in the search for the various malware that are always lurking.
We are pleased to say that the technologies we adopt in SOCaaS have been awarded a quality certificate and are positioned in the magic quadrant of Gartner. Among the resources available in our SOCaaS, we mention SDL , SIEM and UEBA .
SIEM collects all events and information to be managed, enriching the data in the SDL so that they are easily analyzed. UEBA’s user behavior analysis is invaluable when a social engineering attack arises.
Artificial intelligence offers an important help to our SOCaaS as it analyzes threats and possible risks. Furthermore, the constant presence of an available team ensures security against all ransomware attacks.
The quality certificate that our technology has received occupies a place of Leader in the Gartner’s Magic Quadrant . Gartner is an institution that has established who the most important IT vendors on the market since 1979.
Quality certificate equals excellence
It is essential these days to have a good valuation when you are in a certain market sector. For example, on eCommerce sites it is common to find user reviews before making a purchase. However, no one really guarantees that the reviews are genuine. Similarly, technologies available on the net are not always as beneficial as they appear. The Gartner Magic Quadrant takes care of that.
Gartner analyzes the players in the market for a service using qualitative analysis . Check the maturity, the participants and the market trends. The competition focuses on four aspects displayed in a graphical table, the so-called magic quadrant .
The quadrant is divided into categories: Visionaries, Challengers, Niche Players and Leaders. Most interest is directed towards the Leader position which represents the top for execution and completeness. Our technology is found right in the Leaders quadrant.
The Magic Quadrant offers almost immediate understanding of the most trusted providers on the market .
Obviously, there are various strategies to rely on when choosing a service or technology, and relying on Leaders is not always the best idea. What is good today may not be suitable in the future.
The alternatives could materialize in the market Challengers who move with speed or in the niche players who can guarantee a more precise and accurate service than a Leader.
Business objectives, in general, are the guide to follow and depend on your company but to be almost foolproof it is always better to ask for help from specialized companies able to provide advice and suggestions.
The magic quadrant of Gartner
As mentioned earlier, the Magic Quadrant is read using four parameters that need careful viewing. Below is a generic magic dial, while by clicking here you can see the list of all the magic dials divided by topic.
The supplier in the leading position has the credibility, market share and sales skills necessary for the distribution and acceptance of new technologies. Is able to understand the customer needs and always keeps an eye on innovation.
Sometimes he designs elaborate plans that he makes available to clients. In this way the infrastructures and strategies are efficient and feasible. From a financial point of view, it enjoys the stability and support of the platform, also thanks to the geographical coverage. This watch face can be defined as the real certificate of quality by looking at the magic dials.
The greatest threat to the Leader is undoubtedly represented by the Opponent or Challenger. It works well and has a credible market position. The extreme faith in projects that can continually grow over time makes him capable of developing strong products.
While they are not as well established as the Leaders financially, they still remain stable and solid.
The Visionary is perfect for all the novelties that could revolutionize the market. Such a supplier guarantees product innovation and is able to address operational and financial problems on a large scale.
One of the big flaws, however, is the instability due to unsustainable profitability and the ability to acquire market shares . Over time an investment can prove to be profitable or not but it basically depends on some signals that need to be interpreted.
The Visionary is often a private company or acquisition objectives by the more consolidated or large company because the possible risk probability of installing on their systems is lower in the event of an acquisition.
Niche operators or actors
The verticalization of the market or the focus on specific areas concerns all niche players. This supplier can be a large company but it is struggling to achieve the goal it has set or it is the one that adapts its product in order to enter a particular market.
Following your vision and establishing yourself online is never easy because it is not uncommon to encounter problems of various kinds, from a lack of resources to the difficulty of standing out on the market.
The technology we use for our SOCaaS has revolutionized the market and earned a place alongside the leaders in the Gartner Magic Quadrant. We are very happy with this milestone, which means better service for our customers, greater safety and in general the excellence we have always aimed for.
If you want to know how our services can help your business, do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to answer any questions.
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (170)
- Web Hosting (15)
- What CISOs Can Do About Brand Impersonation Scam Sites February 3, 2023Apply these nine tips to proactively fight fraudulent websites that use your brand to rip people off.
- Iran-Backed Actor Behind 'Holy Souls' Cyberattack on Charlie Hebdo, Microsoft Says February 3, 2023The January attack was in retaliation for the satirical French magazine's decision to launch a cartoon contest to lampoon Iran's Supreme Leader.
- Scores of Redis Servers Infested by Sophisticated Custom-Built Malware February 3, 2023At least 1,200 Redis servers worldwide have been infected with "HeadCrab" cryptominers since 2021.
- How the Cloud Is Shifting CISO Priorities February 3, 2023The greatly expanding attack surface created by the cloud needs to be protected.
- MITRE Releases Tool to Design Cyber-Resilient Systems February 3, 2023Engineers can use the Cyber Resiliency Engineering Framework Navigator to visuzalize their cyber-resiliency capabilities.
- Hornetsecurity Combats QR Code Phishing With Launch of New Technology February 2, 2023
- Korelock Launches IOT Smart Lock Technology Company February 2, 2023Denver-based business secures Series A Funding through partnerships with Iron Gate Capital and Kozo Keikaku Engineering.
- Cyberattack on Fintech Firm Disrupts Derivatives Trading Globally February 2, 2023The Russia-linked LockBit ransomware group claims to be behind the attack that fouled automated transactions for dozens of clients of financial technology firm ION Group.
- 6 Examples of the Evolution of a Scam Site February 2, 2023Examining some key examples of recently found fraud sites that target the lucrative retail shoe industry helps us understand how brand impersonation sites evolve.
- Rising 'Firebrick Ostrich' BEC Group Launches Industrial-Scale Cyberattacks February 2, 2023The group's wanton attacks demonstrate that business email compromise is everything a hacker can want in one package: low risk, high reward, quick, easy, and low effort.
- Trovent Security Advisory 2203-01 / Micro Focus GroupWise transmits session ID in URL January 31, 2023Posted by Stefan Pietsch on Jan 30# Trovent Security Advisory 2203-01 # ##################################### Micro Focus GroupWise transmits session ID in URL ################################################# Overview ######## Advisory ID: TRSA-2203-01 Advisory version: 1.0 Advisory status: Public Advisory URL: https://trovent.io/security-advisory-2203-01 Affected product: Micro Focus GroupWise Affected version: prior to 18.4.2 Vendor: Micro Focus, https://www.microfocus.com...
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-24-1 tvOS 16.3 January 27, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 26APPLE-SA-2023-01-24-1 tvOS 16.3 tvOS 16.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213601. AppleMobileFileIntegrity Available for: Apple TV 4K (all models) and Apple TV HD Impact: An app may be able to access user-sensitive data Description: This issue was addressed […]
- [SYSS-2022-047] Razer Synapse - Local Privilege Escalation January 27, 2023Posted by Oliver Schwarz via Fulldisclosure on Jan 26Advisory ID: SYSS-2022-047 Product: Razer Synapse Manufacturer: Razer Inc. Affected Version(s): Versions before 3.7.0830.081906 Tested Version(s): 3.7.0731.072516 Vulnerability Type: Improper Certificate Validation (CWE-295) Risk Level: High Solution Status: Open Manufacturer Notification: 2022-08-02 Solution Date: 2022-09-06 Public Disclosure:...
- t2'23: Call For Papers 2023 (Helsinki, Finland) January 24, 2023Posted by Tomi Tuominen via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23Call For Papers 2023 Tired of your bosses suspecting conference trips to exotic locations being just a ploy to partake in Security Vacation Club? Prove them wrong by coming to Helsinki, Finland on May 4-5 2023! Guaranteed lack of sunburn, good potential for rain or slush. In […]
- Re: HNS-2022-01 - HN Security Advisory - Multiple vulnerabilities in Solaris dtprintinfo and libXm/libXpm January 24, 2023Posted by Marco Ivaldi on Jan 23Hello again, Just a quick update. Mitre has assigned the following additional CVE IDs: * CVE-2023-24039 - Stack-based buffer overflow in libXm ParseColors * CVE-2023-24040 - Printer name injection and heap memory disclosure We have updated the advisory accordingly: https://github.com/hnsecurity/vulns/blob/main/HNS-2022-01-dtprintinfo.txt Regards, Marco
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-8 Safari 16.3 January 24, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-8 Safari 16.3 Safari 16.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213600. WebKit Available for: macOS Big Sur and macOS Monterey Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution Description: The issue was addressed with […]
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-7 watchOS 9.3 January 24, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-7 watchOS 9.3 watchOS 9.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213599. AppleMobileFileIntegrity Available for: Apple Watch Series 4 and later Impact: An app may be able to access user-sensitive data Description: This issue was addressed by enabling hardened […]
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-6 macOS Big Sur 11.7.3 January 24, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-6 macOS Big Sur 11.7.3 macOS Big Sur 11.7.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213603. AppleMobileFileIntegrity Available for: macOS Big Sur Impact: An app may be able to access user-sensitive data Description: This issue was addressed by enabling […]
- APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-5 macOS Monterey 12.6.3 January 24, 2023Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on Jan 23APPLE-SA-2023-01-23-5 macOS Monterey 12.6.3 macOS Monterey 12.6.3 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213604. AppleMobileFileIntegrity Available for: macOS Monterey Impact: An app may be able to access user-sensitive data Description: This issue was addressed by enabling hardened runtime. CVE-2023-23499: […]
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF