Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period characterized by digitization. To protect themselves, businesses and individuals can use a variety of tools that can prevent an attack, but also help manage it. In this article we talk about Automated Response Integration and the automations in the SOCaaS offered by SOD .
Although the systems used are almost always based on efficient technologies, in recent years the implementation of SOCaaS services equipped with SNYPR for the analysis of Big Data is making a difference. The dedicated SOCaaS services facilitate end users in the use of security systems, basing their operation on automatic processes that protect company devices.
What is Automated Response Integration
The term Automated Response Integration identifies a specific approach to data analysis and consequent response in a cyber defense scenario. We see it today, in particular, related to our SOCaaS on which the SNYPR tool is applied, which we have already talked about in the past.
SNYPR and Automated Response Integration
In order to understand the potential of a SOCaaS service, with the implementation of SNYPR, it is appropriate to understand first what is meant by this term. When the word SNYPR is used, it identifies that examination tool capable of analyzing Big Data and simplifying its actions . A system equipped with SNYPR can examine a huge amount of data and identify the behaviors of everyone who interacts with the platform.
There is the combination of SIEM and UEBA logs, as well as an analysis dedicated to security in real time, very useful for automating the daily operations carried out in the infrastructure.
The operation of a SNYPR tool for corporate IT is based on the analysis of thousands of information collected, thanks to artificial intelligence. These analyzes are then used to prevent and intervene on cyber threats. The fact that most of these operations are automatic brings us to the field of Automated Response Integration.
Technically it differs from other platforms in the use of threat detection algorithms that have the ability to scan systems and logins performed by other devices in real time . A traditional system simply collects data, while a SOCaaS with SNYPR implementation can also detect much more harmful threats and adapt accordingly.
The strengths of Automated Response Integration with SNYPR / SOCaaS
One of the strengths of this tool is its Security Data Lake (SDL) based security system. This condition allows companies to keep a copy of the data in the SDL and submit the scan request at any time. There is no data lock, as in traditional systems, but an open system capable of sharing information with the different devices.
As it is easy to guess, it is precisely this availability of data and the possibility of in-depth analysis, which allows us to implement an Automated Response Integration strategy with our SOCaaS.
There are various system functions in the field that are noteworthy. These include: data enrichment, distributed behavioral analysis, historical investigation, scalability and data redundancy.
This coordination of services allows to have a concrete impact for IT security , a condition evident in three areas of SNYPR competence: internal threats, persistent threats and professional use.
The professional use of SNYPR: in recent years, the most important companies have equipped themselves with a SNYPR platform to protect their data storage and analysis infrastructures. The system constantly monitors the flow of information and adapts to the best conditions in the event of cyber attacks.
Automated Response Integration for automation in SOCaaS
From a technical point of view, a SNYPR system itself guarantees excellent potential, but it is with the SOCaaS implementation that it finds its maximum protection expression in IT systems.
The analysis of threats in a company system, although it is carried out in real time, requires the intervention of specialized technicians to identify the problem. With SOCaaS, identification is linked to automated actions to deal with possible threats, without the need for third-party intervention.
There is a real integration with automated response useful to prevent and eradicate possible threats . This process is essential not only to prevent business systems from being compromised, but also to protect companies and their IT departments, which can focus on other tasks.
Automated Response Integration functionality
Playbook: the tool can launch a playbook when SNYPR threats are detected. The transcript of the events is important to understand the origin of the threat.
Query: automation can manage actions or queries on end points directly from SNYPR, in order to face the cyber attack. This feature avoids the blocking of production in the most excited moments.
UEBA: As mentioned in the previous lines, an NSYPR-based tool can import UEBA alerts. The reference formats are usually CEF, which report warnings from any type of device, significantly affecting safety.
IP control : one of the strengths of this technology is the control of domains, IPs, files and URLs, ensuring maximum versatility for any type of work activity.
DNS and Whols data : The automated response is particularly useful in storing DNS and Whols data, as it is possible to check the validity of certificates and monitor unwanted access.
Vulnerability: You can schedule a network vulnerability scan. This analysis process is especially suitable for companies that send and receive a large flow of information outside the company context.
Relying on professionals
Not all SOCaaS-based services that implement SNYPR are identical to each other, some of them offer the same technology but different intervention methods. Among the most interesting solutions is our SOCaaS. For years we have been dealing with offering IT security solutions internationally and this is a guarantee of excellence, alongside our certifications and partnerships.
Our IT security service, based on Automated Response Integration, guarantees complete monitoring of corporate infrastructures, helping the company to avoid additional costs for ordinary or extraordinary maintenance of the devices.
The implementation of SOCaaS automated systems is now essential for companies that want to protect themselves from IT docking. Real-time analysis and notification of potential threats ensure essential peace of mind in an age increasingly exposed to digital dangers.
To find out how SOD and its services can help your company, do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to answer any questions.
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (15)
- Security (170)
- Web Hosting (15)
- ChromeLoader Malware Hijacks Browsers With ISO Files May 27, 2022The malware’s abuse of PowerShell makes it more dangerous, allowing for more advanced attacks such as ransomware, fileless malware, and malicious code memory injections.
- Physical Security Teams' Impact Is Far-Reaching May 27, 2022Here's how physical security teams can integrate with the business to identify better solutions to security problems.
- Taking the Danger Out of IT/OT Convergence May 27, 2022The Colonial Pipeline attack highlighted the risks of convergence. Unified security provides a safer way to proceed.
- Microsoft Unveils Dev Box, a Workstation-as-a-Service May 26, 2022Microsoft Dev Box will make it easier for developers and hybrid teams to get up and running with workstations already preconfigured with required applications and tools.
- Broadcom Snaps Up VMware in $61B Deal May 26, 2022Massive merger will put Broadcom's Symantec and VMware's Carbon Black under one roof.
- Lacework Announces Layoffs, Restructuring May 26, 2022The cloud-security company blames "seismic" market shifts for shakeup.
- Twitter Fined $150M for Security Data Misuse May 26, 2022Twitter is charged with using emails and phone numbers ostensibly collected for account security to sell targeted ads.
- The FDA's New Cybersecurity Guidance for Medical Devices Reminds Us That Safety & Security Go Hand in Hand May 26, 2022The new draft guidance on premarket submissions incorporates quality system regulations and doubles down on a life-cycle approach to product security.
- VMware, Airline Targeted as Ransomware Chaos Reigns May 26, 2022Global ransomware incidents target everything from enterprise servers to grounding an airline, with one India-based group even taking a Robin Hood approach to extortion with the "GoodWill" strain.
- Disclosing Vulnerability of CLink Office 2.0 May 23, 2022Posted by chan chan on May 23Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to submit a vulnerability found on CLink Office 2.0. I had contacted the vendor 60 days before but in vain. # Exploit Title: Multiple blind SQL injection vulnerabilities in in CLink Office 2.0 Anti-Spam management console # Date: 30 Mar 2022 # Exploit Author: […]
- [tool] tplink backup decryptor. May 23, 2022Posted by retset on May 23Yet another "tool" to decrypt a backup configs for some tplink wifi routers. Only tested on latest fw for "Archer C7". I hope that it will be useful for someone. https://github.com/ret5et/tplink_backup_decrypt_2022.bin
- SEC Consult SA-20220518-0 :: Multiple Critical Vulnerabilities in SAP® Application Server, ABAP and ABAP® Platform (Different Software Components) May 18, 2022Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on May 18SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20220518-0 > ======================================================================= title: Multiple Critical Vulnerabilities product: SAP® Application Server ABAP and ABAP® Platform (Different Software Components) vulnerable version: see section "Vulnerable / tested versions" fixed version: see SAP security notes...
- PHPIPAM 1.4.4 - CVE-2021-46426 May 18, 2022Posted by Rodolfo Augusto do Nascimento Tavares via Fulldisclosure on May 18=====[ Tempest Security Intelligence - ADV-03/2022 ]========================== PHPIPAM - Version 1.4.4 Author: Rodolfo Tavares Tempest Security Intelligence - Recife, Pernambuco - Brazil =====[ Table of Contents ]================================================== * Overview * Detailed description * Timeline of disclosure * Thanks & Acknowledgements * References =====[ Vulnerability […]
- LiquidFiles - 3.4.15 - Stored XSS - CVE-2021-30140 May 18, 2022Posted by Rodolfo Augusto do Nascimento Tavares via Fulldisclosure on May 18=====[ Tempest Security Intelligence - ADV-12/2021 ]========================== LiquidFiles - 3.4.15 Author: Rodolfo Tavares Tempest Security Intelligence - Recife, Pernambuco - Brazil =====[ Table of Contents]================================================== * Overview * Detailed description * Timeline of disclosure * Thanks & Acknowledgements * References =====[ Vulnerability...
- Watch multiple LockBit Ransom get DESTROYED Mass PWNAGE at scale! May 18, 2022Posted by malvuln on May 18Watch multiple LockBit Ransom get DESTROYED Mass PWNAGE at scale! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3l8a_HSSU
- github.com/malvuln/RansomDLLs / Catalog of current DLLs affecting vulnerable Ransomware strains. May 18, 2022Posted by malvuln on May 18Reference list for my Ransomware exploitation research. Lists current DLLs I have seen to date that some ransomware search for, which I have used successfully to hijack and intercept vulnerable strains executing arbitrary code pre-encryption. https://github.com/malvuln/RansomDLLs
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-2 macOS Monterey 12.4 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-2 macOS Monterey 12.4 macOS Monterey 12.4 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213257. AMD Available for: macOS Monterey Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-6 tvOS 15.5 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-6 tvOS 15.5 tvOS 15.5 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213254. AppleAVD Available for: Apple TV 4K, Apple TV 4K (2nd generation), and Apple TV HD Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-5 watchOS 8.6 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-5 watchOS 8.6 watchOS 8.6 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213253. AppleAVD Available for: Apple Watch Series 3 and later Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A use after free […]
Security Awareness, la sicurezza aziendale parte dai dipendenti. L'ingegneria sociale fa spesso leva sull'ignoranza… https://t.co/nGAs70Ofn5
Torna all'inizio Scopri i nostri servizi di Cyber SecurityTroverai sicuramente quello che fa al caso tuo Se vuoi m… https://t.co/Emm5kUfFc4
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Today we see one of the latest additions to our SOCaaS, the Autonomous Threat… https://t.co/QNvHnKbEqq
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The Security Code Review (SCR) service is increasingly used by companies l… https://t.co/rJmYXr1oCj
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il servizio di Security Code Review (SCR) è sempre più utilizzato dalle aziende… https://t.co/g2ho2C8FYh