New Cloud Server: redundant internet
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
One of the biggest fears an IT team can have is data loss caused by a sudden lack of server connection. To meet the needs of our customers, present and future, we have decided to offer free the redundant internet functionality for our service Cloud Server . Today we want to explain what redundant internet means and how this functionality will give greater stability and infrastructure resilience.
As we know, corporate cybersecurity follows a priority path. It is unwise to postpone updates or use outdated tools. We know this well, and we are always looking for new features that improve our customers’ IT experience by increasing their security.
What does redundant internet mean?
The term redundancy means the duplication of functions and / or essential components of the server system with the aim of increasing its reliability, a bit like what happens with backups. The new feature offered is to apply the concept of redundancy to the network, so as to no longer suffer any downtime. For many companies, by now, being disconnected means losing customers and therefore making money.
Every hour without an internet connection, a small or medium-sized business could lose $ 8,580 to $ 74,000.
With the redundant internet functionality of the Cloud Servers, the core switches and related connections are replicated remotely, so that, in the event of a malfunction, the internet connection for the servers can be guaranteed. Switching to the “spare” core switch is immediate and servers are always available. There is no risk of any kind of service interruption.
The Single Point of Failure (SPF) between the server machines and the network is effectively eliminated.
This feature is not exclusive to SOD, but an option provided by several datacenters. Unlike the latter, however, with SOD it is provided totally free with Cloud Server services. With redundant internet, you can guarantee practically constant uptime.
What is a Single Point of Failure (SPF)?
The Single Point of Failure (SPF) are hardware and software components whose malfunction can generate anomalies or even the termination of service.
In system design, of course, we try to avoid the formation of SPF points. Especially when it comes to systems that are made to be constantly in production. The SPFs, in fact, are replaced by redundant components which, in case of failure, can still guarantee the correct functioning of the information systems.
It is therefore important that, in systems considered at risk, SPFs are avoided through specific strategies, such as, for example, the provision of a redundant internet. An analogy to better understand: for applications o Websites can be placed on different vendor nodes. In this way, the user has the one deemed most reliable at the time of connection, both in terms of geographic location and speed.
Should a failure occur, the user’s client, without even realizing it, connects to another node, which will keep the service always active, preventing it from being interrupted.
Similarly, if one of the core switches fails, another one will take over and replace the damaged one. This avoids downtime which can be a significant cost to the business.
4 reasons to adopt a redundant internet system
Sometimes redundancy planning can seem laborious for what appear to be abstract contingencies. However, it can mean the difference between thousands of dollars and customer trust. Let’s now take a look at five of the benefits your business will have once it starts adopting redundancy in your network strategy.
This is certainly the most obvious advantage of opting for redundant networks. The network is always up and running. This is especially important for organizations that need to provide round-the-clock services to customers, patients or clients .
If a hospital goes down, it spells disaster for staff and patients. If a bank has ATMs that cannot be accessed at any time of day or night, it will likely lose customers who favor the versatility of institutions that offer 24-hour access.
If you don’t think downtime is a big deal, think again. As we saw earlier, downtime means thousands of dollars in losses . This is enough to give priority to the redundant internet function, especially since with our Cloud Servers it is free.
Cybersecurity relies on redundancy for maximum effectiveness. Redundant networks give your business the opportunity to have effective security measures. With redundant networks, downtime does not expose data to breaches or losses while trying to resolve the original issue. If there is an opportunity to switch to another network, the business can continue to move forward without interruption, letting the IT staff continue their security and analysis work, for example via the SOCaaS .
Redundant Internet is a simple key solution that allows a company to recover from a cyber attack. For example: If a company’s network is attacked, having a solid redundancy strategy helps to prevent problems associated with losing users.
A recent example were ransomware attacks targeting US hospitals . The attackers blocked the network, rendering it unusable and demanding exorbitant sums of money to restore access. These events have been linked to at least one patient death . In today’s world, this is a risk that healthcare professionals cannot afford to take. By opting for redundant networks, you reduce the power of ransomware attacks that target networks.
Another advantage is the distribution of the workload. If the business feels the need for speed, redundant networks are the way to go , as they prevent the network from being overloaded. Since everything has become remote, it is possible that the company is experiencing slower speeds or even crashes due to the high volumes of traffic. Some factors can be: greater number of remote workers, greater number of online customers, decentralization of services.
Having multiple routes to access “the same places” means you are less likely to see slowed speeds due to high traffic volumes.
4. Business continuity
Ultimately, keeping your business up and running is the primary goal of choosing redundant networks. In the midst of any disaster or minor inconvenience, you need to be able to keep moving towards quarterly benchmarks and annual goals. The company and its employees need the ability to keep working no matter what problems arise.
When the network collapses, don’t waste valuable productive hours waiting for it to get up and running or for a technician. Redundant Internet will save you the loss of productivity, allowing you to treat that failure as just a small hitch.
What is the news introduced by SOD in its Cloud Servers?
The novelty introduced by SOD is to offer its customers the redundant internet functionality for free , therefore without paying a subscription fee, as happens with other competitors. Having a redundant network available is not just a matter of corporate security, but a convenience to guarantee stability.
Redundant Internet offers the security of always having access to your data, even in the event of a problem. The convenience is evident, especially when we think that many companies need constant access to their infrastructure. Think of a corporate VPN, remote working in general and remote data access.
Security, comfort and dynamism, these are the keywords that lead back to this functionality for the SOD Cloud Server service. You can also test the Cloud Server service, by clicking here .
To find out how this or other SOD services can be useful for your company, do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to answer any questions.
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (15)
- Security (170)
- Web Hosting (15)
- ChromeLoader Malware Hijacks Browsers With ISO Files May 27, 2022The malware’s abuse of PowerShell makes it more dangerous, allowing for more advanced attacks such as ransomware, fileless malware, and malicious code memory injections.
- Physical Security Teams' Impact Is Far-Reaching May 27, 2022Here's how physical security teams can integrate with the business to identify better solutions to security problems.
- Taking the Danger Out of IT/OT Convergence May 27, 2022The Colonial Pipeline attack highlighted the risks of convergence. Unified security provides a safer way to proceed.
- Microsoft Unveils Dev Box, a Workstation-as-a-Service May 26, 2022Microsoft Dev Box will make it easier for developers and hybrid teams to get up and running with workstations already preconfigured with required applications and tools.
- Broadcom Snaps Up VMware in $61B Deal May 26, 2022Massive merger will put Broadcom's Symantec and VMware's Carbon Black under one roof.
- Lacework Announces Layoffs, Restructuring May 26, 2022The cloud-security company blames "seismic" market shifts for shakeup.
- Twitter Fined $150M for Security Data Misuse May 26, 2022Twitter is charged with using emails and phone numbers ostensibly collected for account security to sell targeted ads.
- The FDA's New Cybersecurity Guidance for Medical Devices Reminds Us That Safety & Security Go Hand in Hand May 26, 2022The new draft guidance on premarket submissions incorporates quality system regulations and doubles down on a life-cycle approach to product security.
- VMware, Airline Targeted as Ransomware Chaos Reigns May 26, 2022Global ransomware incidents target everything from enterprise servers to grounding an airline, with one India-based group even taking a Robin Hood approach to extortion with the "GoodWill" strain.
- Disclosing Vulnerability of CLink Office 2.0 May 23, 2022Posted by chan chan on May 23Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to submit a vulnerability found on CLink Office 2.0. I had contacted the vendor 60 days before but in vain. # Exploit Title: Multiple blind SQL injection vulnerabilities in in CLink Office 2.0 Anti-Spam management console # Date: 30 Mar 2022 # Exploit Author: […]
- [tool] tplink backup decryptor. May 23, 2022Posted by retset on May 23Yet another "tool" to decrypt a backup configs for some tplink wifi routers. Only tested on latest fw for "Archer C7". I hope that it will be useful for someone. https://github.com/ret5et/tplink_backup_decrypt_2022.bin
- SEC Consult SA-20220518-0 :: Multiple Critical Vulnerabilities in SAP® Application Server, ABAP and ABAP® Platform (Different Software Components) May 18, 2022Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on May 18SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20220518-0 > ======================================================================= title: Multiple Critical Vulnerabilities product: SAP® Application Server ABAP and ABAP® Platform (Different Software Components) vulnerable version: see section "Vulnerable / tested versions" fixed version: see SAP security notes...
- PHPIPAM 1.4.4 - CVE-2021-46426 May 18, 2022Posted by Rodolfo Augusto do Nascimento Tavares via Fulldisclosure on May 18=====[ Tempest Security Intelligence - ADV-03/2022 ]========================== PHPIPAM - Version 1.4.4 Author: Rodolfo Tavares Tempest Security Intelligence - Recife, Pernambuco - Brazil =====[ Table of Contents ]================================================== * Overview * Detailed description * Timeline of disclosure * Thanks & Acknowledgements * References =====[ Vulnerability […]
- LiquidFiles - 3.4.15 - Stored XSS - CVE-2021-30140 May 18, 2022Posted by Rodolfo Augusto do Nascimento Tavares via Fulldisclosure on May 18=====[ Tempest Security Intelligence - ADV-12/2021 ]========================== LiquidFiles - 3.4.15 Author: Rodolfo Tavares Tempest Security Intelligence - Recife, Pernambuco - Brazil =====[ Table of Contents]================================================== * Overview * Detailed description * Timeline of disclosure * Thanks & Acknowledgements * References =====[ Vulnerability...
- Watch multiple LockBit Ransom get DESTROYED Mass PWNAGE at scale! May 18, 2022Posted by malvuln on May 18Watch multiple LockBit Ransom get DESTROYED Mass PWNAGE at scale! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3l8a_HSSU
- github.com/malvuln/RansomDLLs / Catalog of current DLLs affecting vulnerable Ransomware strains. May 18, 2022Posted by malvuln on May 18Reference list for my Ransomware exploitation research. Lists current DLLs I have seen to date that some ransomware search for, which I have used successfully to hijack and intercept vulnerable strains executing arbitrary code pre-encryption. https://github.com/malvuln/RansomDLLs
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-2 macOS Monterey 12.4 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-2 macOS Monterey 12.4 macOS Monterey 12.4 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213257. AMD Available for: macOS Monterey Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-6 tvOS 15.5 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-6 tvOS 15.5 tvOS 15.5 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213254. AppleAVD Available for: Apple TV 4K, Apple TV 4K (2nd generation), and Apple TV HD Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-5 watchOS 8.6 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-5 watchOS 8.6 watchOS 8.6 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213253. AppleAVD Available for: Apple Watch Series 3 and later Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A use after free […]
Security Awareness, la sicurezza aziendale parte dai dipendenti. L'ingegneria sociale fa spesso leva sull'ignoranza… https://t.co/nGAs70Ofn5
Torna all'inizio Scopri i nostri servizi di Cyber SecurityTroverai sicuramente quello che fa al caso tuo Se vuoi m… https://t.co/Emm5kUfFc4
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Today we see one of the latest additions to our SOCaaS, the Autonomous Threat… https://t.co/QNvHnKbEqq
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The Security Code Review (SCR) service is increasingly used by companies l… https://t.co/rJmYXr1oCj
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il servizio di Security Code Review (SCR) è sempre più utilizzato dalle aziende… https://t.co/g2ho2C8FYh