Secure Online Desktop achieves ISO 27001: the security certification for managed services
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Secure Online Desktop recently achieved ISO 27001 certification for its information security management system (ISMS). Let’s explore what this important milestone means for customers who rely on the company to protect their data and critical IT systems.
What is ISO 27001 certification?
ISO 27001 is a certification issued by an accredited third party which attests to the compliance of a company’s information security management system (ISMS) with the requirements defined by the ISO 27001 standard.
It is an international standard that specifies the requirements necessary to set up, implement, monitor and improve an effective ISMS within an organisation.
ISO 27001 covers all aspects of IT security management such as:
- Security policies and procedures
- Risk management
- Technical and physical checks
- Personnel Management
- Physical and environmental safety
- Access control
- Incident management
- Operational continuity
- Legal and regulatory compliance
Obtaining this certification demonstrates a company’s commitment to implementing and maintaining a comprehensive safety management system that complies with the most rigorous standards.
The acronym ISO/IEC 27001:2013
The reference standard for the ISO 27001 certification obtained by Secure Online Desktop is specifically ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
Let’s analyze what the various elements of this acronym mean:
- ISO – Acronym for International Organization for Standardization, the international body that develops and publishes standards.
- IEC – Acronym for International Electrotechnical Commission, an organization that deals with standardization for electronics and related technologies.
- 27001 – Classification number that identifies the ISO standard relating to Information Security Management Systems (ISMS).
- 2013 – Year of publication of the current version of the ISO 27001 standard, which replaced the previous 2005 version.
Therefore the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification obtained by Secure Online Desktop demonstrates compliance with the requirements defined in the 2013 edition of the ISO 27001 standard published jointly by ISO and IEC.
It is the most updated and complete international reference standard for setting up, implementing and managing an effective ISMS.
Why ISO 27001 is important for Secure Online Desktop
For Secure Online Desktop, a company specializing in managed IT security services, obtaining ISO 27001 represents a crucial milestone and perfectly in line with the company mission.
This certification reflects Secure Online Desktop’s focus on adopting and maintaining high security standards in the provision of its services, including:
- SOC (Security Operation Center)
- Infrastructure monitoring
- Vulnerability assessment
- Penetration test
- Cyber threat intelligence
- Incident response
- GDPR compliance
- Security training
ISO 27001 provides independent assurance to Secure Online Desktop customers that their sensitive data, confidential information and critical IT systems are managed in line with best practices and the most rigorous security control frameworks.
The benefits of ISO 27001 for Secure Online Desktop customers
Obtaining ISO 27001 by Secure Online Desktop brings important advantages for all companies that rely on its security management services.
Better information protection
The ISO 27001 certified ISMS ensures that effective security controls are implemented to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of customer information managed by Secure Online Desktop.
Structured risk management
The risk assessment and risk treatment process required by ISO 27001 guarantees customers that their IT security risks are managed in a methodical and proactive manner.
Continuous monitoring and improvement
The periodic internal and external audits required by ISO 27001 ensure the monitoring and continuous improvement of the Secure Online Desktop ISMS.
The ISO 27001 certification certifies Secure Online Desktop’s compliance with standards, best practices and mandatory requirements in the field of data and IT system protection.
Competence and experience
Possession of ISO 27001 demonstrates Secure Online Desktop’s competence in managing complex projects to ensure information security.
Quality of services
ISO 27001 reflects Secure Online Desktop’s commitment to maintaining high levels of quality and reliability in the delivery of services to its customers.
ISO 27001 certification positions Secure Online Desktop as a point of reference in the cybersecurity managed services market.
In summary, this certification provides customers with the guarantee of entrusting the management of their IT security to a qualified partner compliant with the highest industry standards.
ISO 27001 together with ISO 9001 for the safety and quality of services
In addition to the recent ISO 27001, Secure Online Desktop has also been certified ISO 9001 for the quality management system (QMS) since 2018.
The presence of both certifications reflects Secure Online Desktop’s commitment to pursuing excellence both in the reliability and quality of services and in information security.
ISO 9001 certification guarantees customers that Secure Online Desktop’s production and management processes follow defined and controlled procedures in line with the most advanced quality standards.
ISO 27001 also extends these guarantees to security management, ensuring that services are provided in accordance with policies and best practices aimed at safeguarding customer data and systems from threats and incidents.
For customers this means being able to count on a qualified, reliable partner that complies with the highest quality and safety standards.
Conclusion: ISO certified safety and quality
Obtaining ISO 27001 certification further strengthens Secure Online Desktop’s position as a point of reference for professional cybersecurity services.
This important milestone provides independent assurance to customers that IT security management is conducted in line with best practices and the most rigorous standards.
Combined with ISO 9001, ISO certifications reflect Secure Online Desktop’s dedication to excellence in both quality and security in the delivery of its managed services.
For all companies looking for a qualified partner to outsource IT security, Secure Online Desktop therefore represents a validated, reliable choice that complies with the most advanced standards.
- What is it for? Hadoop Security Data Lake (SDL)
- Secure Online Desktop achieves ISO 27001: the security certification for managed services
- SOCaaS and Active Defense Deception Webinar – Guide to the next cybersecurity online event
- Auditing IT della sicurezza: guida completa all’analisi proattiva di vulnerabilità e conformità
- CIS Controls and Vulnerability Assessment: practical guide to adopting best practices
- Kerberoasting: a threat to cybersecurity and how to mitigate it with Security Posture analysis
- Protect Your Business: Antivirus vs. SOC Service with EDR and Next Generation Antivirus (NGA)
- CSIRT and SOC: Differences between incident management and security monitoring
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (23)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (191)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Keeper Security Survey Finds 82% of IT Leaders Want to Move Their On-Premises Privileged Access Management (PAM) Solution to the Cloud December 5, 2023
- Foresite Cybersecurity Partners With Crowdstrike December 5, 2023
- Mine Secures $30M in Series B Funding December 5, 2023
- Enveedo Closes $3.15M Seed Round to Help Businesses Build and Maintain Cyber Resiliency December 5, 2023
- Klarytee Raises $900k Pre-Seed Round to Make Data Secure by Default December 5, 2023
- Apple 'Lockdown Mode' Bypass Subverts Key iPhone Security Feature December 5, 2023Even the most severe security protections for mobile phones aren't all-encompassing or foolproof, as a tactic involving a spoof of lockdown mode shows.
- LLMs Open to Manipulation Using Doctored Images, Audio December 5, 2023As LLMs begin to integrate multimodal capabilities, attackers could use hidden instructions in images and audio to get a chatbot to respond the way they want, say researchers at Black Hat Europe 2023.
- Payments Giant Tipalti: No Ransomware Breach, No Threat to Roblox December 5, 2023BlackCat/ALPHV claims it has had access to the payments technology vendor's systems since September, and threatens follow-on attacks on its customer Roblox.
- SpyLoan Malicious App Downloaded 12M+ Times in Google Play December 5, 2023The fake financial app tricks users into signing up for high-interest payments, only to steal their information and blackmail them.
- Hackers Claim to Breach Israeli Defense Force Medical Data December 5, 2023The Malek Team, which previously hit a private college in Israel, claims responsibility for a hack of Israel's Ziv Medical Center.
- SEC Consult SA-20231123 :: Uninstall Key Caching in Fortra Digital Guardian Agent Uninstaller November 27, 2023Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20231123-0 > ======================================================================= title: Uninstall Key Caching product: Fortra Digital Guardian Agent Uninstaller (Data Loss Prevention) vulnerable version: Agent:
- SEC Consult SA-20231122 :: Multiple Vulnerabilities in m-privacy TightGate-Pro November 27, 2023Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20231122-0 > ======================================================================= title: Multiple Vulnerabilities product: m-privacy TightGate-Pro vulnerable version: Rolling Release, servers with the following package versions are vulnerable: tightgatevnc < 4.1.2~1 rsbac-policy-tgpro
- Senec Inverters Home V1, V2, V3 Home & Hybrid Use of Hard-coded Credentials - CVE-2023-39169 November 27, 2023Posted by Phos4Me via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27Sent through the Full Disclosure mailing list https://nmap.org/mailman/listinfo/fulldisclosure Web Archives & RSS: https://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/
- [SYSS-2023-019] SmartNode SN200 - Unauthenticated OS Command Injection November 27, 2023Posted by Maurizio Ruchay via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27Advisory ID: SYSS-2023-019 Product: SmartNode SN200 Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) & VoIP Gateway Manufacturer: Patton LLC Affected Version(s):
- CVE-2023-46307 November 27, 2023Posted by Kevin on Nov 27running on the remote port specified during setup
- CVE-2023-46307 November 27, 2023Posted by Kevin on Nov 27While conducting a penetration test for a client, they were running an application called etc-browser which is a public GitHub project with a Docker container. While fuzzing the web server spun up with etcd-browser (which can run on any arbitrary port), the application had a Directory Traversal vulnerability that is […]
- Survey on usage of security advisories November 27, 2023Posted by Aurich, Janik on Nov 27Dear list members, we are looking for voluntary participants for our survey, which was developed in the context of a master thesis at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. The goal of the survey is to determine potential difficulties that may occur when dealing with security advisories. The focus of the […]
- [CVE-2023-46386, CVE-2023-46387, CVE-2023-46388, CVE-2023-46389] Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec products (3) November 27, 2023Posted by Chizuru Toyama on Nov 27[+] CVE : CVE-2023-46386, CVE-2023-46387, CVE-2023-46388, CVE-2023-46389 [+] Title : Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec L-INX Automation Servers [+] Vendor : LOYTEC electronics GmbH [+] Affected Product(s) : LINX-151, Firmware 7.2.4, LINX-212, firmware 6.2.4 [+] Affected Components : L-INX Automation Servers [+] Discovery Date :...
- [CVE-2023-46383, CVE-2023-46384, CVE-2023-46385] Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec products (2) November 27, 2023Posted by Chizuru Toyama on Nov 27[+] CVE : CVE-2023-46383, CVE-2023-46384, CVE-2023-46385 [+] Title : Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec LINX Configurator [+] Vendor : LOYTEC electronics GmbH [+] Affected Product(s) : LINX Configurator 7.4.10 [+] Affected Components : LINX Configurator [+] Discovery Date : 01-Sep-2021 [+] Publication date : 03-Nov-2023 [+]...
- Senec Inverters Home V1, V2, V3 Home & Hybrid Exposure of the Username to an Unauthorized Actor - CVE-2023-39168 November 12, 2023Posted by Phos4Me via Fulldisclosure on Nov 12Sent through the Full Disclosure mailing list https://nmap.org/mailman/listinfo/fulldisclosure Web Archives & RSS: https://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF