Introducing a set of new GDPR tools
GDPR, the European Union regulation aimed at strengthening and unifying data protection for all individuals within the European Union comes into force on 25th May. The regulation brings a huge change to European data security, but it also impacts many non-EU based business as well. If you’d like to find out more about GDPR you can read our previous blog post.
We have introduced numerous changes within our portal to ensure that data protection complies with the GDPR
Get consent with GDPR-friendly forms
The GDPR sets a high standard for consent for gathering and processing personal data. Consent requires a positive opt-in, which means you can’t use pre-ticked boxes or any other method of default consent. Explicit consent requires a very clear and specific statement of consent and the consent requests must be separate from other terms and conditions.
In addition to what we did for the order we add explicit check box in our registration form as well.
Highest professional standards of data handling.
Secure Online Desktop now offers a set of features that are aimed at providing your customers with the best standards for data processing.
♦ Data retention
◊ Automatically remove empty client profiles after 6 months since sign-up. [bg_collapse view=”button-blue” color=”#ffffff” expand_text=”Show More” collapse_text=”Show Less” ]Client profiles that does not have any of the following:
1) Paid invoices
2) Active hosting account
3) Registration domain
4) Unclosed support ticket[/bg_collapse]
◊ Automatically remove inactive client profiles after 120 months since last payment. [bg_collapse view=”button-blue” color=”#ffffff” expand_text=”Show More” collapse_text=”Show Less” ]Client profile the does have paid invoices on file, but does not have any active account/domain or unclosed support tickets.[/bg_collapse]
♦ Deletion Handling: When client request deletion his account status will be changed to Pending removal, it will be removed after Deletion delay period.
♦ Deletion Delay: Permanently remove client data after 30 days (since last login)
♦ Export / report settings:
◊ Accounts / Services
◊ Change log
The right to be informed
Under GDPR individuals have the right to be given information about how their data is being processed and why. We created multiple policy links (for separate terms) that client needs to accept in client portal, by ticking the relevant checkbox. Agreeing on the given terms will be required for the customer to proceed to checkout.
The right to access
Individuals have the right to obtain the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose. In the client portal each registered client has access to the overview of their personal information. Under My Account→ Overview client can view their details along with the purpose for each data that is being collected (billing or non-billing; defines whether or not the data is needed for invoicing and hence it may be required to keep that data for a given period of time).
Secure Online Desktop admin area also provides you with the possibility to generate PDF report with client data, the json file contains other information (such as c
The right to be forgotten
GDPR gives individuals the right to have their personal data erased. With Secure Online Desktop, clients can request to have their account deleted and their data forgotten with just one mouse click. We’ve made sure that the client will be able to start the account removal process only if there are no unpaid invoiced linked to their account and there are no active services that can’t be cancelled. Requesting the account to be deleted will assign the account with the ‘pending removal’ status and deleted after certain period of time (30 days).
If a client requests for their data to be forgotten but are required to keep their data for a given period of time (for legal or tax purposes etc). we have the possibility to remove as much client information as possible, without removing the data required for billing/contract purposes. Secure Online Desktop’s client anonymization feature allows us to close client profile, terminate client services, clear client changes log, emails and tickets and remove ALL non-billing data.
The right to object
Individuals have to right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning them. With Secure Online Desktop our clients can review all of the terms and services they have given their consent to and withdraw that consent at any time. All changes made to client profile are logged, so if needed we can prove that the customer has given us the consent to gather/process their data (and when) and if the customer withdraws the consent we can determine when it happened.
Secure Online Desktop Newsletter module for email and e-commerce marketing also provides quick and easy ‘unsubscribe’ option in each email send to the customer.
The right to data portability
As per GDPR individuals have the right to receive a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format. Secure Online Desktop enables to easily downloaded to the json file all personal information gathered in client profile with the single click of the mouse from My Account→ Overview section in client area.
- The SOAR benefits: simplifying investigation and response
- Security Code Review: How the service works
- Integration of the automated response: the automations in SOCaaS
- Coordination between CTI and SOC: how to further raise the defenses
- New Cloud Server: redundant internet
- Quality certificate for the SOCaaS of SOD
- Managed Detection and Response: a new preventive approach
- CLUSIT: our collaboration for better services
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (21)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (15)
- Security (169)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Authentication Is Static, Yet Attackers Are Dynamic: Filling the Critical Gap May 20, 2022To succeed against dynamic cybercriminals, organizations must go multiple steps further and build a learning system that evolves over time to keep up with attacker tactics.
- New Open Source Project Brings Consistent Identity Access to Multicloud May 20, 2022Hexa and IDQL allows organizations using cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform to apply consistent access policy across all applications, regardless of environment.
- More Than 1,000 Cybersecurity Career Pursuers Complete the (ISC)² Entry-Level Cybersecurity Certification Pilot Exam May 19, 2022New professional certification program establishes a pathway into the workforce for students and career changers by demonstrating their foundational knowledge, skills and abilities to employers.
- Deadbolt Ransomware Targeting QNAP NAS Devices May 19, 2022QNAP is urging customers of its NAS products to update QTS and avoid exposing the devices to the Internet.
- Pro-Russian Information Operations Escalate in Ukraine War May 19, 2022In the three months since the war started, Russian operatives and those allied with the nation's interests have unleashed a deluge of disinformation and fake news to try and sow fear and confusion in Ukraine, security vendor says.
- DoJ Won't Charge 'Good Faith' Security Researchers May 19, 2022Revised policy means security analysts won't be charged under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
- Majority of Kubernetes API Servers Exposed to the Public Internet May 19, 2022Shadowserver Foundation researchers find 380,000 open Kubernetes API servers.
- Dig Exits Stealth With $11M for Cloud Data Detection and Response Solution May 19, 2022CrowdStrike and CyberArk invest in Dig's seed round, which was led by Team8, alongside Merlin Ventures and chairs of MongoDB and Exabeam.
- 6 Scary Tactics Used in Mobile App Attacks May 19, 2022Mobile attacks have been going on for many years, but the threat is rapidly evolving as more sophisticated malware families with novel features enter the scene.
- Phishing Attacks for Initial Access Surged 54% in Q1 May 19, 2022For the first time in a year, security incidents involving email compromises surpassed ransomware incidents, a new analysis shows.
- SEC Consult SA-20220518-0 :: Multiple Critical Vulnerabilities in SAP® Application Server, ABAP and ABAP® Platform (Different Software Components) May 18, 2022Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on May 18SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20220518-0 > ======================================================================= title: Multiple Critical Vulnerabilities product: SAP® Application Server ABAP and ABAP® Platform (Different Software Components) vulnerable version: see section "Vulnerable / tested versions" fixed version: see SAP security notes...
- PHPIPAM 1.4.4 - CVE-2021-46426 May 18, 2022Posted by Rodolfo Augusto do Nascimento Tavares via Fulldisclosure on May 18=====[ Tempest Security Intelligence - ADV-03/2022 ]========================== PHPIPAM - Version 1.4.4 Author: Rodolfo Tavares Tempest Security Intelligence - Recife, Pernambuco - Brazil =====[ Table of Contents ]================================================== * Overview * Detailed description * Timeline of disclosure * Thanks & Acknowledgements * References =====[ Vulnerability […]
- LiquidFiles - 3.4.15 - Stored XSS - CVE-2021-30140 May 18, 2022Posted by Rodolfo Augusto do Nascimento Tavares via Fulldisclosure on May 18=====[ Tempest Security Intelligence - ADV-12/2021 ]========================== LiquidFiles - 3.4.15 Author: Rodolfo Tavares Tempest Security Intelligence - Recife, Pernambuco - Brazil =====[ Table of Contents]================================================== * Overview * Detailed description * Timeline of disclosure * Thanks & Acknowledgements * References =====[ Vulnerability...
- Watch multiple LockBit Ransom get DESTROYED Mass PWNAGE at scale! May 18, 2022Posted by malvuln on May 18Watch multiple LockBit Ransom get DESTROYED Mass PWNAGE at scale! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3l8a_HSSU
- github.com/malvuln/RansomDLLs / Catalog of current DLLs affecting vulnerable Ransomware strains. May 18, 2022Posted by malvuln on May 18Reference list for my Ransomware exploitation research. Lists current DLLs I have seen to date that some ransomware search for, which I have used successfully to hijack and intercept vulnerable strains executing arbitrary code pre-encryption. https://github.com/malvuln/RansomDLLs
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-2 macOS Monterey 12.4 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-2 macOS Monterey 12.4 macOS Monterey 12.4 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213257. AMD Available for: macOS Monterey Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-6 tvOS 15.5 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-6 tvOS 15.5 tvOS 15.5 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213254. AppleAVD Available for: Apple TV 4K, Apple TV 4K (2nd generation), and Apple TV HD Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-5 watchOS 8.6 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-5 watchOS 8.6 watchOS 8.6 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213253. AppleAVD Available for: Apple Watch Series 3 and later Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges Description: A use after free […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-3 macOS Big Sur 11.6.6 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-3 macOS Big Sur 11.6.6 macOS Big Sur 11.6.6 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213256. apache Available for: macOS Big Sur Impact: Multiple issues in apache Description: Multiple issues were addressed by updating apache to version 2.4.53. CVE-2021-44224 […]
- APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-1 iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 May 17, 2022Posted by Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure on May 16APPLE-SA-2022-05-16-1 iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 addresses the following issues. Information about the security content is also available at https://support.apple.com/HT213258. AppleAVD Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, […]
Security Awareness, la sicurezza aziendale parte dai dipendenti. L'ingegneria sociale fa spesso leva sull'ignoranza… https://t.co/nGAs70Ofn5
Torna all'inizio Scopri i nostri servizi di Cyber SecurityTroverai sicuramente quello che fa al caso tuo Se vuoi m… https://t.co/Emm5kUfFc4
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Today we see one of the latest additions to our SOCaaS, the Autonomous Threat… https://t.co/QNvHnKbEqq
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The Security Code Review (SCR) service is increasingly used by companies l… https://t.co/rJmYXr1oCj
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il servizio di Security Code Review (SCR) è sempre più utilizzato dalle aziende… https://t.co/g2ho2C8FYh