ownCloud – simple and secure cloud storage
Through the ownCloud cloud storage service you can collaborate with your colleagues on securely stored content, both locally and remotely. The platform is the # 1 open source collaboration solution and boasts over 50 million users.
What is a cloud storage?
A cloud storage service, such as ownCloud, allows you to store your files on a remote server, so you can have an updated copy of it always available regardless of which device you are using.
The immediate advantage is that you don’t have to worry about files in case your device unfortunately gets damaged.
In addition to this, the ownCloud service offers the possibility to share your files with other people. For these it is possible to set different levels of authorization on the data, for example to enable a user to read only the file or even to modify it.
Security and file sharing on the go
With ownCloud, users have a unique interface from which to access, synchronize and share files on any device, anytime, anywhere.
Service compatibility is an important feature that makes ownCloud a very versatile product. Access is available for Android, Apple mobile devices and via the mobile web interface.
The security of the cloud storage system is guaranteed by features such as:
– password protection of files
– expiration of links to shared files
– anonymous sharing of documents
In addition, additional security is offered through two-factor authentication, a dedicated password policy, a firewall file and end-to-end encryption.
In short, company documents are in good hands, encrypted and accessible only to employees.
Easy collaboration with ownCloud
The cloud storage system offered allows colleagues to work together even if located in different locations. OwnCloud allows the simultaneous modification of files, facilitating the sharing of information and internal and external files to the corporate network.
A cloud storage system like ownCloud brings benefits to the productivity of the company while maintaining high security standards.
With features such as secure file sharing, guest users, collaborative editing and infrastructure modernization, ownCloud is able to facilitate digital collaboration and increase overall productivity.
The cloud storage offered is supported by numerous features made available to its users by ownCloud.
You can create a desktop and mobile synchronization interface customized with your own logo, to maintain the brand identity within the company and with external collaborators.
Classification of documents
In the Enterprise version, classification tags can be created and assigned to groups of employees to automate file sharing for the various work teams.
OwnCloud is extensible with custom features through the REST API, which allows integration with third-party apps. Through the ownCloud API it is possible to implement some functions of the service also on customized software.
News of the latest versions
Improvements to the service offered have been included since version 10.3. Here are some in detail:
The Media Viewer extension has been released and has become the default viewing application for images and videos, replacing the Gallery and Video Player extensions. The combination of the two functions in a single app fully meets modern web standards in terms of ease of use and lightness of execution.
Improved OAuth2 session management
Reports of some problems related to ownCloud clients with OAuth2 active meant that session management was improved. The OAuth2 protocol ensures secure and simplified access for clients, as well as a significantly higher level of security when incorporating ownCloud into third-party web applications and services.
Secure and professional file sharing with ownCloud
There are many sensitive documents that a company produces. These are shared between employees and external collaborators, who have the ability to access documents when and where they want, in order to maximize production.
OwnCloud offers a simple to use, safe and compatible system with any device, whether fixed or mobile. But not only that, it guarantees sharing security and records essential data to the IT departments for the control of corporate files.
The solution to the problem of professional sharing is quality cloud storage, ownCloud.
- SIEM software: what it is and how it works
- Updating php: why and how
- What is a Network Lateral Movement and how to defend yourself
- Mitre Att&ck ™: an overview
- Is SOCaaS useful for your business?
- Computer network security: PT vs. VA
- Cloud services for small local businesses
- Cloud computing services in Reggio Emilia
- Backup as a Service (2)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (17)
- Conferenza Cloud (2)
- ICT Monitoring (3)
- Log Management (1)
- News (15)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (6)
- Secure Online Desktop (13)
- Security (5)
- Web Hosting (7)
- Microsoft: Ransomware & Nation-State Attacks Rise, Get More Sophisticated
- DDoS Attacks Soar in First Half of 2020
- Re: Navy Federal Reflective Cross Site Scripting (XSS)
- CVE-2020-24721: Corona Exposure Notifications API: risk of coercion/data leakage [vs]
- New Campaign by China-Linked Group Targets US Orgs for First Time
- Securing Slack: 5 Tips for Safer Messaging, Collaboration
- Vulnerability in Wireless Router Chipsets Prompts Advisory
- Shifting Left of Left: Why Secure Code Isn't Always Quality Code
- Cybersecurity: l’Europa testa la sua sicurezza cibernetica con l’esercitazione Blue OLEx
- Critical Information Disclosure on WP Courses plugin <= 2.0.29 exposes private course videos and materials
- [SYSS-2020-025] DOMOS 5.8 - OS Command Injection
- [SYSS-2020-024] Qiata FTA - Persistent Cross-Site Scripting
- [SYSS-2019-049] Insufficient Session Expiration (CWE-613) in REDDOXX MailDepot (CVE-2019-19199)
- Regarding the semi-recent OnBase vulnerabilities
- State-Sponsored Hacking Groups Increasingly Use Cloud & Open Source Infrastructure
Nuovo servizio SOCaaS (Security Operation Center as a Service) powered by Secure Online Desktop… https://t.co/dp5bvA94VQ
In today's article, we'll explain what a Security Operations Center (SOC) is and help determine if a SOC-as-a-Servi… https://t.co/z7mOAe6nh0
Nell'articolo di oggi, spiegheremo cos'e' un Security Operations Center (SOC) e aiuteremo a determinare se una solu… https://t.co/l2NT6hzQc5
The security of computer networks is of vital importance for a company. With technologies increasingly relying on r… https://t.co/Zbaf4mL1D5
La sicurezza delle reti informatiche e' di vitale importanza per un'azienda. Con le tecnologie che fanno sempre piu… https://t.co/NJWcr9rpnz