ownCloud – simple and secure cloud storage
Through the ownCloud cloud storage service you can collaborate with your colleagues on securely stored content, both locally and remotely. The platform is the # 1 open source collaboration solution and boasts over 50 million users.
What is a cloud storage?
A cloud storage service, such as ownCloud, allows you to store your files on a remote server, so you can have an updated copy of it always available regardless of which device you are using.
The immediate advantage is that you don’t have to worry about files in case your device unfortunately gets damaged.
In addition to this, the ownCloud service offers the possibility to share your files with other people. For these it is possible to set different levels of authorization on the data, for example to enable a user to read only the file or even to modify it.
Security and file sharing on the go
With ownCloud, users have a unique interface from which to access, synchronize and share files on any device, anytime, anywhere.
Service compatibility is an important feature that makes ownCloud a very versatile product. Access is available for Android, Apple mobile devices and via the mobile web interface.
The security of the cloud storage system is guaranteed by features such as:
– password protection of files
– expiration of links to shared files
– anonymous sharing of documents
In addition, additional security is offered through two-factor authentication, a dedicated password policy, a firewall file and end-to-end encryption.
In short, company documents are in good hands, encrypted and accessible only to employees.
Easy collaboration with ownCloud
The cloud storage system offered allows colleagues to work together even if located in different locations. OwnCloud allows the simultaneous modification of files, facilitating the sharing of information and internal and external files to the corporate network.
A cloud storage system like ownCloud brings benefits to the productivity of the company while maintaining high security standards.
With features such as secure file sharing, guest users, collaborative editing and infrastructure modernization, ownCloud is able to facilitate digital collaboration and increase overall productivity.
The cloud storage offered is supported by numerous features made available to its users by ownCloud.
You can create a desktop and mobile synchronization interface customized with your own logo, to maintain the brand identity within the company and with external collaborators.
Classification of documents
In the Enterprise version, classification tags can be created and assigned to groups of employees to automate file sharing for the various work teams.
OwnCloud is extensible with custom features through the REST API, which allows integration with third-party apps. Through the ownCloud API it is possible to implement some functions of the service also on customized software.
News of the latest versions
Improvements to the service offered have been included since version 10.3. Here are some in detail:
The Media Viewer extension has been released and has become the default viewing application for images and videos, replacing the Gallery and Video Player extensions. The combination of the two functions in a single app fully meets modern web standards in terms of ease of use and lightness of execution.
Improved OAuth2 session management
Reports of some problems related to ownCloud clients with OAuth2 active meant that session management was improved. The OAuth2 protocol ensures secure and simplified access for clients, as well as a significantly higher level of security when incorporating ownCloud into third-party web applications and services.
Secure and professional file sharing with ownCloud
There are many sensitive documents that a company produces. These are shared between employees and external collaborators, who have the ability to access documents when and where they want, in order to maximize production.
OwnCloud offers a simple to use, safe and compatible system with any device, whether fixed or mobile. But not only that, it guarantees sharing security and records essential data to the IT departments for the control of corporate files.
The solution to the problem of professional sharing is quality cloud storage, ownCloud.
- Zero-Day attack: what they are and how to defend yourself with SOCaaS
- Monitoring system, an overview
- Data Exfiltration: defense against data theft
- Install a Let’s Encrypt certificate on Debian based machine
- WastedLocker: Next generation ransomware
- Protecting a site in WordPress: security package
- Critical ransomware: examples of successful attacks
- Secure Online Desktop Social Initiatives
- Backup as a Service (2)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (20)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (4)
- Log Management (2)
- News (16)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (6)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (6)
- Web Hosting (12)
- Shifting Privacy Landscape, Disruptive Technologies Will Test Businesses January 14, 2021A new machine learning tool aims to mine privacy policies on behalf of users.
- 'Chimera' Threat Group Abuses Microsoft & Google Cloud Services January 14, 2021Researchers detail a new threat group targeting cloud services to achieve goals aligning with Chinese interests.
- Businesses Struggle with Cloud Availability as Attackers Take Aim January 14, 2021Researchers find organizations struggle with availability for cloud applications as government officials warn of cloud-focused cyberattacks.
- NSA Recommends Using Only 'Designated' DNS Resolvers January 14, 2021Agency provides guidelines on securely deploying DNS over HTTPS, aka DoH.
- Who Is Responsible for Protecting Physical Security Systems From Cyberattacks? January 14, 2021It's a question that continues to engage debate, as the majority of new physical security devices being installed are now connected to a network. While this offers myriad benefits, it also raises the question: Who is responsible for their cybersecurity?
- Vulnerability Management Has a Data Problem January 14, 2021Security teams have an abundance of data, but most of it lacks the context necessary to improve remediation outcomes.
- SolarWinds Attackers May Have Hit Mimecast, Driving New Concerns January 13, 2021Mimecast no longer uses the SolarWinds Orion network management software that served as an attack vector for thousands of organizations.
- Huntress Acquires EDR Technology From Level Effect January 13, 2021Huntress seeks to improve its detection and response capabilities with a more comprehensive view of endpoint security.
- Virtual Pen-Testing Competition Tasks College Students With Running a Red Team Operation January 13, 2021Aimed at developing offensive cyber talent, last weekend's sixth annual Collegiate Penetration Testing Competition brought out some of the brightest from RIT and Stanford, among other universities.
- Understanding TCP/IP Stack Vulnerabilities in the IoT January 13, 2021Internet of Things devices are highly susceptible to attacks, breaches, and flaws emanating from issues within the TCP/IP network communications architecture. Here's an overview of what you need to know to mitigate risks.
- SEC Consult SA-20210113-1 :: Multiple vulnerabilities in flatCore CMS January 13, 2021Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab on Jan 13SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20210113-1 > ======================================================================= title: Multiple Vulnerabilities product: flatCore CMS vulnerable version: < 2.0.0 Build 139 fixed version: Release 2.0.0 Build 139 CVE number: CVE-2021-23835, CVE-2021-23836, CVE-2021-23837, CVE-2021-23838 impact: High homepage:...
- SEC Consult SA-20210113-0 :: Multiple vulnerabilities in Pepperl+Fuchs IO-Link Master Series January 13, 2021Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab on Jan 13SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20210113-0 > ======================================================================= title: Multiple vulnerabilities product: Pepperl+Fuchs IO-Link Master Series See "Vulnerable / tested versions" vulnerable version: System 1.36 / Application 1.5.28 fixed version: System 1.52 / Application 1.6.11 CVE number:...
- Backdoor.Win32.Zombam.a / Remote Stack Buffer Overflow January 13, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jan 12Discovery / credits: malvuln - Malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/6c5081e9b65a52963b0b1ae612ef7eb4.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Zombam.a Vulnerability: Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Description: The malware listens on TCP port 80, sending an HTTP GET request with 300 or more bytes will trigger buffer overflow overwriting EIP. Type: […]
- Backdoor.Win32.Levelone.b / Remote Stack Buffer Overflow January 13, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jan 12Discovery / credits: malvuln - Malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/3f82e6ddc9f5242f5af200d2fbae4ce4.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Levelone.b Vulnerability: Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Description: The backdoor listens on Port 7777, sending two large consecutive HTTP OPTIONS requests trigger the buffer overflow overwriting EIP. Type: PE32 MD5:...
- Backdoor.Win32.Levelone.a / Remote Stack Buffer Overflow January 13, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jan 12Discovery / credits: malvuln - Malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/6a2d09c4527cf222e4e2571b074fcc0c.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Levelone.a Vulnerability: Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Description: The malware listens on Port 1500, sending a specially crafted HTTP TRACE request causes a buffer overflow and overwrites EIP with our payload. If […]
- Backdoor.Win32.Ketch.b / Remote Stack Buffer Overflow January 13, 2021Posted by malvuln on Jan 12Discovery / credits: malvuln - Malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/9d7be3799594a82bf7056905f501af03.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Ketch.b Vulnerability: Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Description: Makes HTTP GET request for a file "script.dat", and writes the server response to temporary file named "watchb.tmp" under c:\Windows dir. At 1032...
- Re: Backdoor.Win32.Xtreme.yvp / Insecure Permissions EoP January 13, 2021Posted by bo0od on Jan 12When you say backdoor, you mean backdoor which microsoft remotely using it or you mean a malware can take advantage of? malvuln:
- Advisory: ES2021-01 - Loopback access control bypass in coturn by using 0.0.0.0, [::1] or [::] as the peer address January 13, 2021Posted by Sandro Gauci on Jan 12# Loopback access control bypass in coturn by using 0.0.0.0, [::1] or [::] as the peer address - Fixed version: 4.5.2 - Enable Security Advisory: https://github.com/EnableSecurity/advisories/tree/master/ES2021-01-coturn-access-control-bypass - Coturn Security Advisory: https://github.com/coturn/coturn/security/advisories/GHSA-6g6j-r9rf-cm7p - Other references: - CVE-2020-26262 -...
- Re: Trovent Security Advisory 2010-01 [updated] / CVE-2020-28208: Rocket.Chat email address enumeration vulnerability January 13, 2021Posted by Stefan Pietsch on Jan 12# Trovent Security Advisory 2010-01 # ##################################### Email address enumeration in reset password ########################################### Overview ######## Advisory ID: TRSA-2010-01 Advisory version: 1.1 Advisory status: Public Advisory URL: https://trovent.io/security-advisory-2010-01 Affected product: Web application Rocket.Chat Affected version:
- Envira Gallery - Lite Edition - Version 18.104.22.168 CVE-2020-35581 CVE-2020-35582 January 13, 2021Posted by Rodolfo Augusto do Nascimento Tavares on Jan 12==== [Tempest Security Intelligence - ADV-12/2020] ============================= Envira Gallery - Lite Edition - Version 22.214.171.124 Author: Rodolfo Tavares Tempest Security Intelligence - Recife, Pernambuco - Brazil ===== [Table of Contents] ================================================ • Overview • Detailed description • Disclosure timeline • Acknowledgements • References ===== [Vulnerability Information]...
Tempo di lettura: 4 minLa pratica dello shadow IT e' l'utilizzo di sistemi informatici, dispositivi, software, appl… https://t.co/9wQPtvqemG
The practice of shadow IT is the use of computer systems, devices, software, applications and services without the… https://t.co/CgzjblglX9
Acronis Active Protection e' una tecnologia anti-ransomware avanzata. Protegge attivamente tutti i dati dei vostri… https://t.co/Hw7Rs2YOQa
Le insider threat sono difficili da individuare perche' provengono, appunto, dall'interno della vostra organizzazio… https://t.co/aborWoeBgK
Se il sito e' lento, stai perdendo clienti. E' molto semplice e non ci sono modi piu' gentili per dire la stessa co… https://t.co/yB18k0UH49