VPS hosting services – Cloud server
VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting is an opportunity made available by the Cloud Server service. The service consists in sharing (guaranteeing segregation and privacy) the resources of a physical machine with the users of the virtual machines (VM) that are at their complete disposal. Exactly as if they were physical computers.
The VPS hosting service is perfect for personal, small and medium-sized websites or e-commerce platforms. To ensure that you make the right decision for managing virtual machines remotely, it is good to understand what VPS hosting services are currently offering in general.
What does a VPS provide?
VPS is short for Virtual Private Server and is sometimes referred to as Virtual Dedicated Server (VDS), but the substance doesn’t change much. As a user of a VPS hosting service, you are given access to a virtual server. Most likely the virtual servers operate on a physical machine, the use is offered by the cloud server service. The price that users are asked to use is to have access to these machines.
As an end user, the experience is to use a dedicated machine for server use. The VPS hosting services allow you to install your preferred operating system and on the basis of that, any software you intend to use. This feature makes it extremely versatile and flexible service.
VPS hosting services – What software can be run using a VPS?
A VPS is a virtual machine, therefore it is possible to install any software capable of being run on the operating system, also installed by the user.
For example, a VPS can support one of the following situations with the respective applications:
– Blog server
– Company website and internal portals
– Data exchange systems (SFTP)
– Email server (SMTPS, POPS, IMAPS)
– Centralized data storage and database software
– Over IP telephony systems (telephone exchanges)
VPS Hosting Services – The Benefits of VPS Web Hosting
There are pros and cons for VPS hosting services. While many users will not notice any performance decline in the long run, some larger websites may experience performance degradation due to the activity of other customers on the same server. However, for many businesses, a VPS cloud server service offers many benefits at a reasonable cost.
Flexible allocation of resources
VPS hosting offers dedicated resources as needed. In particular: the amount of RAM, CPU and specific disk space are assigned to the VPS according to needs. When traffic on the virtual server grows and requires more resources, you can choose to borrow additional resources.
The flexibility allowed by VPS hosting is one of the most obvious advantages. To manage this functionality, the service makes use of a type of application called hypervisor. For example, if a hosted site needs more resources to host a large number of visitors and another website on another virtual machine does not use all of its resources, the first site can borrow extra power.
Root access to customize and configure the VPS
These VPS also offer super user access to configure and make changes to your hosting environment. Admin (root, Administrator) access is not guaranteed with other agreements, such as a shared hosting plan. If there is a programmer dedicated to the management of the VPS, access as superuser is essential to facilitate the work.
A common alternative to VPS hosting for website owners is dedicated hosting. With this solution you share the server with other users. Dedicated hosting is quite popular because it offers access to the server root folder and advanced configuration. But in addition to this, VPS hosting allows you to enjoy the benefits of customizing the entire used machine.
As previously stated, VPS hosting is a middle ground between a shared server with no dedicated resources and a fully dedicated server with optimal performance. Most websites work perfectly with a VPS hosting service and require only slight increases in performance as the site and traffic increase.
The Cloud Server service offers scalability so that the available resources grow with increasing effective demand.
Vps hosting – An affordable option
VPS hosting is very convenient for website owners (and for all those who need a server) compared to buying a dedicated server. A VPS can reliably host a page or web application, as well as manage traffic peaks and grow to meet growing needs over time.
Instead of engaging in the management of a dedicated server machine, investing at least twice as much as VPS hosting, it is good to carefully evaluate the cloud server offers.
VPS hosting offers you a way to get started without a non-prohibitive startup cost.
The worst thing that could happen, if in the future the need becomes that of a dedicated server, it is that it will be necessary to migrate towards that resource. However, the initial savings with a VPS server are undeniable.
- What is it for? Hadoop Security Data Lake (SDL)
- Secure Online Desktop achieves ISO 27001: the security certification for managed services
- SOCaaS and Active Defense Deception Webinar – Guide to the next cybersecurity online event
- Auditing IT della sicurezza: guida completa all’analisi proattiva di vulnerabilità e conformità
- CIS Controls and Vulnerability Assessment: practical guide to adopting best practices
- Kerberoasting: a threat to cybersecurity and how to mitigate it with Security Posture analysis
- Protect Your Business: Antivirus vs. SOC Service with EDR and Next Generation Antivirus (NGA)
- CSIRT and SOC: Differences between incident management and security monitoring
- Backup as a Service (17)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (22)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (5)
- Log Management (2)
- News (23)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (7)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (190)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Interpol Arrests Smuggler With New Biometric Screening Database December 1, 2023Interpol has upgraded its biometric background check tech. It'll help catch criminals, but will it protect sensitive, immutable data belonging to the innocent?
- The European Space Agency Explores Cybersecurity for Space Industry December 1, 2023An ESA cybersecurity expert explains how space-based data and services benefit from public investment in space programs.
- The Latest Delinea Secret Server Release Boosts Usability With New Features December 1, 2023
- Flow Security Launches GenAI DLP December 1, 2023
- North Korea APT Slapped With Cyber Sanctions After Satellite Launch December 1, 2023Sanctions on Kimsuky/APT43 focuses the world on disrupting DPRK regime's sprawling cybercrime operations, expert says.
- Critical 'LogoFAIL' Bugs Offer Secure Boot Bypass for Millions of PCs December 1, 2023Hundreds of consumer and enterprise-grade x86 and ARM models from various vendors, including Intel, Acer, and Lenovo, are potentially vulnerable to bootkits and takeover.
- Japan's Space Program at Risk After Microsoft Active Directory Breach December 1, 2023The agency, known as JAXA, has shut down parts of its network as it conducts an investigation to discover the scope and impact of the breach.
- Emirates CISOs Flag Rampant Cybersecurity Gaps December 1, 2023UAE security leaders warn that people, tech, and process gaps are exposing their organizations to cybercrime.
- Saudi Companies Outsource Cybersecurity Amid 'Serious' Incidents December 1, 2023Saudi companies are seeking extra help in droves, because of a lack of tools and personnel.
- The US Needs to Follow Germany's Attack-Detection Mandate December 1, 2023A more proactive approach to fighting cyberattacks for US companies and agencies is shaping up under the CISA's proposal to emphasize real-time attack detection and response.
- SEC Consult SA-20231123 :: Uninstall Key Caching in Fortra Digital Guardian Agent Uninstaller November 27, 2023Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20231123-0 > ======================================================================= title: Uninstall Key Caching product: Fortra Digital Guardian Agent Uninstaller (Data Loss Prevention) vulnerable version: Agent:
- SEC Consult SA-20231122 :: Multiple Vulnerabilities in m-privacy TightGate-Pro November 27, 2023Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab, Research via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20231122-0 > ======================================================================= title: Multiple Vulnerabilities product: m-privacy TightGate-Pro vulnerable version: Rolling Release, servers with the following package versions are vulnerable: tightgatevnc < 4.1.2~1 rsbac-policy-tgpro
- Senec Inverters Home V1, V2, V3 Home & Hybrid Use of Hard-coded Credentials - CVE-2023-39169 November 27, 2023Posted by Phos4Me via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27Sent through the Full Disclosure mailing list https://nmap.org/mailman/listinfo/fulldisclosure Web Archives & RSS: https://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/
- [SYSS-2023-019] SmartNode SN200 - Unauthenticated OS Command Injection November 27, 2023Posted by Maurizio Ruchay via Fulldisclosure on Nov 27Advisory ID: SYSS-2023-019 Product: SmartNode SN200 Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) & VoIP Gateway Manufacturer: Patton LLC Affected Version(s):
- CVE-2023-46307 November 27, 2023Posted by Kevin on Nov 27running on the remote port specified during setup
- CVE-2023-46307 November 27, 2023Posted by Kevin on Nov 27While conducting a penetration test for a client, they were running an application called etc-browser which is a public GitHub project with a Docker container. While fuzzing the web server spun up with etcd-browser (which can run on any arbitrary port), the application had a Directory Traversal vulnerability that is […]
- Survey on usage of security advisories November 27, 2023Posted by Aurich, Janik on Nov 27Dear list members, we are looking for voluntary participants for our survey, which was developed in the context of a master thesis at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. The goal of the survey is to determine potential difficulties that may occur when dealing with security advisories. The focus of the […]
- [CVE-2023-46386, CVE-2023-46387, CVE-2023-46388, CVE-2023-46389] Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec products (3) November 27, 2023Posted by Chizuru Toyama on Nov 27[+] CVE : CVE-2023-46386, CVE-2023-46387, CVE-2023-46388, CVE-2023-46389 [+] Title : Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec L-INX Automation Servers [+] Vendor : LOYTEC electronics GmbH [+] Affected Product(s) : LINX-151, Firmware 7.2.4, LINX-212, firmware 6.2.4 [+] Affected Components : L-INX Automation Servers [+] Discovery Date :...
- [CVE-2023-46383, CVE-2023-46384, CVE-2023-46385] Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec products (2) November 27, 2023Posted by Chizuru Toyama on Nov 27[+] CVE : CVE-2023-46383, CVE-2023-46384, CVE-2023-46385 [+] Title : Multiple vulnerabilities in Loytec LINX Configurator [+] Vendor : LOYTEC electronics GmbH [+] Affected Product(s) : LINX Configurator 7.4.10 [+] Affected Components : LINX Configurator [+] Discovery Date : 01-Sep-2021 [+] Publication date : 03-Nov-2023 [+]...
- Senec Inverters Home V1, V2, V3 Home & Hybrid Exposure of the Username to an Unauthorized Actor - CVE-2023-39168 November 12, 2023Posted by Phos4Me via Fulldisclosure on Nov 12Sent through the Full Disclosure mailing list https://nmap.org/mailman/listinfo/fulldisclosure Web Archives & RSS: https://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes L'impatto crescente delle minacce informatiche, su sistemi operativi privati op… https://t.co/FimxTS4o9G
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The growing impact of cyber threats, on private or corporate operating systems… https://t.co/y6G6RYA9n1
Tempo di lettura stimato: 6 minuti Today we are talking about the CTI update of our services. Data security is… https://t.co/YAZkn7iFqa
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Il tema della sicurezza delle informazioni è di grande attualità in questo peri… https://t.co/tfve5Kzr09
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes The issue of information security is very topical in this historical period ch… https://t.co/TP8gvdRcrF