VPS hosting services – Cloud server
VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting is an opportunity made available by the Cloud Server service. The service consists in sharing (guaranteeing segregation and privacy) the resources of a physical machine with the users of the virtual machines (VM) that are at their complete disposal. Exactly as if they were physical computers.
The VPS hosting service is perfect for personal, small and medium-sized websites or e-commerce platforms. To ensure that you make the right decision for managing virtual machines remotely, it is good to understand what VPS hosting services are currently offering in general.
What does a VPS provide?
VPS is short for Virtual Private Server and is sometimes referred to as Virtual Dedicated Server (VDS), but the substance doesn’t change much. As a user of a VPS hosting service, you are given access to a virtual server. Most likely the virtual servers operate on a physical machine, the use is offered by the cloud server service. The price that users are asked to use is to have access to these machines.
As an end user, the experience is to use a dedicated machine for server use. The VPS hosting services allow you to install your preferred operating system and on the basis of that, any software you intend to use. This feature makes it extremely versatile and flexible service.
VPS hosting services – What software can be run using a VPS?
A VPS is a virtual machine, therefore it is possible to install any software capable of being run on the operating system, also installed by the user.
For example, a VPS can support one of the following situations with the respective applications:
– Blog server
– Company website and internal portals
– Data exchange systems (SFTP)
– Email server (SMTPS, POPS, IMAPS)
– Centralized data storage and database software
– Over IP telephony systems (telephone exchanges)
VPS Hosting Services – The Benefits of VPS Web Hosting
There are pros and cons for VPS hosting services. While many users will not notice any performance decline in the long run, some larger websites may experience performance degradation due to the activity of other customers on the same server. However, for many businesses, a VPS cloud server service offers many benefits at a reasonable cost.
Flexible allocation of resources
VPS hosting offers dedicated resources as needed. In particular: the amount of RAM, CPU and specific disk space are assigned to the VPS according to needs. When traffic on the virtual server grows and requires more resources, you can choose to borrow additional resources.
The flexibility allowed by VPS hosting is one of the most obvious advantages. To manage this functionality, the service makes use of a type of application called hypervisor. For example, if a hosted site needs more resources to host a large number of visitors and another website on another virtual machine does not use all of its resources, the first site can borrow extra power.
Root access to customize and configure the VPS
These VPS also offer super user access to configure and make changes to your hosting environment. Admin (root, Administrator) access is not guaranteed with other agreements, such as a shared hosting plan. If there is a programmer dedicated to the management of the VPS, access as superuser is essential to facilitate the work.
A common alternative to VPS hosting for website owners is dedicated hosting. With this solution you share the server with other users. Dedicated hosting is quite popular because it offers access to the server root folder and advanced configuration. But in addition to this, VPS hosting allows you to enjoy the benefits of customizing the entire used machine.
As previously stated, VPS hosting is a middle ground between a shared server with no dedicated resources and a fully dedicated server with optimal performance. Most websites work perfectly with a VPS hosting service and require only slight increases in performance as the site and traffic increase.
The Cloud Server service offers scalability so that the available resources grow with increasing effective demand.
Vps hosting – An affordable option
VPS hosting is very convenient for website owners (and for all those who need a server) compared to buying a dedicated server. A VPS can reliably host a page or web application, as well as manage traffic peaks and grow to meet growing needs over time.
Instead of engaging in the management of a dedicated server machine, investing at least twice as much as VPS hosting, it is good to carefully evaluate the cloud server offers.
VPS hosting offers you a way to get started without a non-prohibitive startup cost.
The worst thing that could happen, if in the future the need becomes that of a dedicated server, it is that it will be necessary to migrate towards that resource. However, the initial savings with a VPS server are undeniable.
- Acronis Active Protection: defense against ransomware
- Insider threat: identifying and fighting them
- PageSpeed Insight: better speed with Google
- ClearOS: Linux Server for Small Business
- UEBA: Behavior Analysis Explained
- Node.js via SOD hosting panel
- SOAR: coordination for cyber security
- Log File Management with the Secure Online Desktop service
- Backup as a Service (2)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (18)
- Conferenza Cloud (2)
- ICT Monitoring (3)
- Log Management (2)
- News (16)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (6)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (5)
- Web Hosting (10)
- Security Researchers Sound Alarm on Smart Doorbells
- As 'Anywhere Work' Evolves, Security Will Be Key Challenge
- Ransomware Grows Easier to Spread, Harder to Block
- Evidence-Based Trust Gets Black Hat Europe Spotlight
- Manchester United Suffers Cyberattack
- Chinese APT Group Returns to Target Catholic Church & Diplomatic Groups
- SEC Consult SA-20201123-0 :: Multiple Vulnerabilities in ZTE WLAN router MF253V
- CA20201116-01: Security Notice for CA Unified Infrastructure Management
- Campagna malspam massiva verso caselle PEC (AL02/201123/CSIRT-ITA)
- La Settimana Cibernetica del 22 novembre 2020
- Campagna malspam diffonde Dridex (AL01/201123/CSIRT-ITA)
- 3 Steps CISOs Can Take to Convey Strategy for Budget Presentations
- How Retailers Can Fight Fraud and Abuse This Holiday Season
- SecOps & DevOps collaboration
- 10 Undergraduate Security Degree Programs to Explore
IT systems produce large quantities of log files, very useful tools for guaranteeing data security and application… https://t.co/3OwGBzeOOo
I sistemi IT producono grandi quantita' di log file, strumenti utilissimi per garantire la sicurezza dei dati e la… https://t.co/8UeOMdnjlo
An increasing number of companies leverage SOAR to improve the effectiveness of their cybersecurity operations. In… https://t.co/8LLufPj3ip
Un numero crescente di aziende fa leva sul SOAR per migliorare l'efficacia delle proprie operazioni di sicurezza in… https://t.co/qhLDmCCl0K
The services provided by Secure Online Desktop are many and cover a large variety of needs. We realize that for the… https://t.co/AWGmIaHGyP