Cloud services for small local businesses
Small and medium-sized businesses have little room for maneuver when it comes to investment. Precisely for this reason, every step that involves an expense is weighed and evaluated in every aspect before being carried out. We know the fears that underlie such reasoning, and for this reason we have decided to dedicate an article precisely to the advantages that SOD services can offer to small and medium-sized enterprises. The adoption of cloud services for small businesses is an important step that requires some study.
Services available in the cloud
Cloud computing means, in practice, that it is not necessary to store your data. The data are stored and accessible online. The cloud is a highly secure physical location – called the Datacenter – located outside the corporate headquarters, which hosts many servers on the network that serve all users. By taking advantage of the support of a provider such as SOD, it is possible to relocate hardware and software resources in a datacenter and take advantage of the benefits that derive from it.
Cloud solutions for small businesses
Cloud computing naturally has different implications for small businesses than individuals or large companies. This is due to the fact that the user’s needs vary considerably. Both as a type of infrastructure required and as a specific service.
In fact, various main cloud computing options are available to meet various needs: infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and backup as a service (BaaS).
If you think of cloud service models as a pyramid, the IaaS is at the base, because it allows the existence of remote infrastructures. PaaS is the next or intermediate level, which allows users to create infrastructure-based applications. SaaS and BaaS are at the top level providing end users with complete and immediately functional products and services.
Cloud solutions for small businesses are typically SaaS and BaaS solutions.
Common examples of SaaS cloud solutions for small businesses
SaaS-type online solutions include professional versions of apps also used by private individuals, such as Hootsuite, Shopify, Mailchimp, G suite and many others. But of course, specific cloud solutions for small and medium-sized businesses go beyond these familiar examples, and help increase productivity or facilitate marketing and sales.
Other rather important solutions for small and medium-sized enterprises are cloud backup and online storage. This is because, regardless of their size, companies today must manage an ever larger amount of data, and they must also do it securely.
In terms of security, it is also good to specify that a backup is not simply a synchronized folder. In fact, it often happens that online storage services are misunderstood and considered a backup method.
Professional tip: to protect your data you should have backup functions that allow you to restore everything you need to pick up where you left off before a data loss occurs.
Our advice is always to contact professionals not only for the purchase, but also for advice. In fact, the available solutions are manifold and offer functionality that may not be necessary. This is where a managed service provider (MSP) comes in, such as Secure Online Desktop. We can help you in choosing and setting up the ideal infrastructure for your specific case.
Why choose us
Small businesses are often challenged to understand and manage the complexity of IT systems, with the risk of finding themselves stuck because they are out of their knowledge. An MSP can help, thanks to the experience gained in the field. But it’s better if the company is local.
In fact, if it is true that small businesses can easily access many cloud solutions, adoption is not always easy. Being able to turn to professionals who are based in their own territory offers that additional level of tranquility for those who deal with local professionals. The initial setup, the specific choice of functionality and the initial size of the service, are all variables that are easily misrepresented by non-professionals.
An overview of the key solutions
The services we offer give greater value to small businesses. Not only because they are customized solutions, but also because we have clear what their needs will be in the future, thanks to our experience. We can therefore advise in advance how to move when the company starts to grow.
By contacting us, the customer will be able to concretely plan the growth of his company and infrastructure. Starting from the immediately necessary solutions, up to the planning of the specific ones based on the expected growth and possible unexpected events.
- Prevent shoulder surfing and theft of corporate credentials
- HTTP / 3, everything you need to know about the latest version protocol
- Machine learning and cybersecurity: UEBA applications and security
- Logic Bomb: what they are and how to prevent them
- Pass the hash: how to gain access without password
- Ransomware and NAS: a risk that is not considered
- SIEM monitoring: best practices
- Cyber Threat Hunting: on the hunt for security threats
- Backup as a Service (2)
- Cloud Conference (3)
- Cloud CRM (1)
- Cloud Server/VPS (20)
- Conferenza Cloud (4)
- ICT Monitoring (4)
- Log Management (2)
- News (17)
- ownCloud (4)
- Privacy (6)
- Secure Online Desktop (14)
- Security (9)
- Web Hosting (15)
- Software Developer Arrested in Computer Sabotage Case April 15, 2021Officials say Davis Lu placed malicious code on servers in a denial-of-service attack on his employer.
- Google Brings 37 Security Fixes to Chrome 90 April 15, 2021The latest version of Google Chrome also introduces HTTPS as the browser's default protocol.
- US Formally Attributes SolarWinds Attack to Russian Intelligence Agency April 15, 2021Treasury Department slaps sanctions on IT security firms that it says supported Russia's Foreign Intelligence Service carry out the attacks.
- Pandemic Pushes Bot Operators to Redirect Efforts April 15, 2021As demand for travel, lodging, and concerts plummeted in 2020, bot traffic moved to more popular activities, such as e-commerce, healthcare, and government sites.
- 6 Tips for Managing Operational Risk in a Downturn April 15, 2021Many organizations adjust their risk appetite in an economic downturn, as risk is expanded to include supplier and customer insolvency, not to mention cash-flow changes.
- How to Create an Incident Response Plan From the Ground Up April 15, 2021Security 101: In the wake of an incident, it's important to cover all your bases -- and treat your IR plan as a constantly evolving work in progress.
- Nation-State Attacks Force a New Paradigm: Patching as Incident Response April 15, 2021IT no longer has the luxury of thoroughly testing critical vulnerability patches before rolling them out.
- Malicious PowerShell Use, Attacks on Office 365 Accounts Surged in Q4 April 15, 2021There was also a sharp increase in overall malware volumes in the fourth quarter of 2020, COVID-19 related attack activity, and mobile malware, new data shows.
- Thycotic & Centrify Merge to Form Cloud Identity Security Firm April 14, 2021The combined entity will expand on both companies' privileged access management tools and expects to debut a new brand this year.
- CISA Urges Caution for Security Researchers Targeted in Attack Campaign April 14, 2021The agency urges researchers to take precautions amid an ongoing targeted threat campaign.
- SEC Consult SA-20210414-0 :: Reflected cross-site scripting in Microsoft Azure DevOps Server April 14, 2021Posted by SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab on Apr 14SEC Consult Vulnerability Lab Security Advisory < 20210414-0 > ======================================================================= title: Reflected cross-site scripting product: Microsoft Azure DevOps Server vulnerable version: 2020.0.1 fixed version: 2020.0.1 Patch 2 CVE number: CVE-2021-28459 impact: medium homepage:...
- CFP ZeroNights 2021 April 10, 2021Posted by CFP ZeroNights on Apr 09ZeroNights 2021 CFP is OPEN: Offensive and defensive research (15/30/45min). Submit your talk! # About conference Place: Saint-Petersburg, Russia Date: 30 June Timeslots: 15/30/45 min Site: https://zeronights.org # CFP Timeline CFP start: 1 March CFP end: 15 May CFP page: https://01x.cfp.zeronights.ru/zn2021/ # Conditions: A speaker may deliver either a […]
- Backdoor.Win32.Small.n / Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution (SYSTEM) April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/fb24c3509180f463c9deaf2ee6705062.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Small.n Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Remote Command Execution (SYSTEM) Description: The backdoor malware listens on TCP Port 1337, upon successful connection we get handed a remote shell from the infected host with SYSTEM...
- [SYSS-2020-032] Open Redirect in Tableau Server (CVE-2021-1629) April 8, 2021Posted by Vladimir Bostanov on Apr 08Advisory ID: SYSS-2020-032 Product: Tableau Server Manufacturer: Tableau Software, LLC, a Salesforce Company Affected Version(s): 2019.4-2019.4.17, 2020.1-2020.1.13, 2020.2-2020.2.10, 2020.3-2020.3.6, 2020.4-2020.4.2 Tested Version(s): 2020.2.1 (20202.20.0525.1210) 64-bit Windows Vulnerability Type: URL Redirection to Untrusted Site (CWE-601) Risk Level: Medium Solution Status: Fixed Manufacturer Notification: 2020-07-29 Solution Date:...
- Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.das / Unauthenticated Open Proxy April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/7afe56286039faf56d4184c476683340.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.das Vulnerability: Unauthenticated Open Proxy Description: The malware drops an hidden executable named "winserv.com" under Windows dir, which accepts TCP connections on port 8080. Afterwards, it connects to a...
- Trojan.Win32.Hotkeychick.d / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/aff493ed1f98ed05c360b462192d2853.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan.Win32.Hotkeychick.d Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: creates an insecure dir named "Sniperscan" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can rename the...
- Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.qiw / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/5cddc4647fb1c59f5dc7f414ada7fad4.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.qiw Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: Genome.qiw creates an insecure dir named "tmp" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can...
- Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.omht / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/01055838361f534ab596b56a19c70fef.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Genome.omht Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: Genome.omht creates an insecure dir named "wjmd97" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can...
- Trojan.Win32.Hosts2.yqf / Insecure Permissions April 8, 2021Posted by malvuln on Apr 08Discovery / credits: Malvuln - malvuln.com (c) 2021 Original source: https://malvuln.com/advisory/274a6e846c5a4a2b3281198556e5568b.txt Contact: malvuln13 () gmail com Media: twitter.com/malvuln Threat: Trojan.Win32.Hosts2.yqf Vulnerability: Insecure Permissions Description: Hosts2.yqf creates an insecure dir named "mlekaocYUmaae" under c:\ drive and grants change (C) permissions to the authenticated user group. Standard users can...
- usd20210005: Privileged File Write in Check Point Identity Agent < R81.018.0000 April 8, 2021Posted by Responsible Disclosure via Fulldisclosure on Apr 08### Advisory: Privileged File Write Description =========== The Check Point Identity Agent allows low privileged users to write files to protected locations of the file system. Details ======= Advisory ID: usd-2021-0005 Product: Check Point Identity Agent Affected Version: < R81.018.0000 Vulnerability Type: Symlink Vulnerability Security Risk: High […]
ICON_PLACEHOLDEREstimated reading time: 6 minutes Dal nulla, qualcuno risponde a una conversazione email datata m… https://t.co/NSU5rxuh4s
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes La minaccia di un attacco DDoS su larga scala è sufficiente per convincere le o… https://t.co/qxhGVKI7HQ
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes Is the threat of a large-scale DDoS attack enough to convince organizations to… https://t.co/sqrHurgPdr
ICON_PLACEHOLDEREstimated reading time: 6 minutes Out of nowhere, someone replies to an email conversation dated… https://t.co/kXIx3FPWfm
L'hacking etico e la salvaguardia del patrimonio aziendale https://t.co/SLncmaZ1ci